throwback week

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams Draw Referee Mike Cary's Crew

Rams draw referee Mike Carey's crew

2 hours ago • BY JIM THOMAS

It’s not as if coach Jeff Fisher will give any hugs or standing ovations to the regular NFL officiating crew that works Sunday’s Rams-Seahawks game, but he’s as happy as anyone to see the labor dispute/lockout settled.

"Very excited that both sides could get together and get it worked out," Fisher said after the Rams completed Thursday’s practice. "I’m kind of interested in hearing the details. . . .But I’m glad that we’ll have our regular guys doing all our games."

The Rams have been assigned referee Mike Carey’s crew for the Seattle game, a noon kickoff at the Edward Jones Dome. Carey enters his 23rd season as an NFL official.

***JACKSON SITS AGAIN

RB Steven Jackson sat out Thursday’s practice, as he phrased it, to "maximize" the time between games to get his injured groin healthier. Jackson said he hopes to practice Friday; he’s expected to start against the Seahawks.

Other than the return of defensive end Eugene Sims, who was sent home Wednesday with flu-like symptoms, the Rams’ injury report was unchanged Thursday. Offensive tackle Wayne Hunter, with both ankle and knee ailments, was limited. So was defensive tackle Michael Brockers (ankle).

Not practicing Thursday were: DT Matt Conrath (knee), S Matt Daniels (hamstring), and OT Rodger Saffold (knee).

***RAMS CLAIM OT

The Rams have claimed offensive tackle Joe Barksdale off waivers from Oakland, the team announced Thursday. Barksdale, 6-5, 329, was a third-round draft pick out of Louisiana State in 2011 by the Raiders. He appeared in 16 games, with no starts, as a rookie last season. He was on the Raiders' pregame inactive list all three games this season and was released to make room for veteran DE Andre Carter on the roster.

Offensive tackle Ty Nsekhe, who got into a brief but heated scuffle with defensive end Eugene Sims in practice Thursday _ complete with several thrown punches _ was released by the Rams to make room for Barksdale.

*** GAME ON TV

Sunday’s game will be televised locally (KTVI, Channel 2). Since Stan Kroenke took over as controlling owner in 2010, every Rams home game has been televised locally. The last blackout was in ’09.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Draw Referee Mike Cary's Crew

Ron Pitts and Mike Martz will be calling the game....
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-27-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Pitts: Well that was a good screen pass by Bradford, able to move the chains and hit the 1st down marker

Martz: Givens was a step deep and Bradford should've went for the 5-step drop and threw the bomb of what could've been, an easy touchdown

Pitts: Daryl Richardson makes a good run for a HUGE gain putting the Rams deep into Seahawks territory. This offense is showing some signs of life, keeping it balanced in order to throw off the Seattle defense

Martz: Well Ron, the play could've ran for a touchdown because of Richardson's burst. If that was me calling the shots, I would've called him to move to the line of scrimmage to make an empty backfield and force the defense to drop back while our receiving options burn their secondary

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Something tells me that I'm glad that I'll be listening to the Mcdonald's speaker that is the EJD announcer rather than these two...
    I believe!