Frito is offline Registered User

Are the Rams even part of this league called the NFL

Maybe... I just feel like complaining this year. Is it just me or does it seem like the St. Louis Rams don't have a team in the NFL.

Time after time I see other teams with lengthy and detailed reports as to what is going on behind closed doors. Football analysts go on and on about other teams.

I could point out several examples but, this week in particular we have our coach fired but, all that is given is a flash picture of Linehan with the statement of his firing monday as they go into lengthy debate as to what is happening in Oakland.

I know people around the country have no interest in this team but, I feel the lack of reports about the Rams seem a bit extreme. Not that this is the time I wish for the Rams to be in the spotlight.

Even when the Rams where the greatest show on turf they forced the media to cover them by their dominance and showmanship on offense. Even then I felt slighted somehow as if they felt the Rams were a fluke.

I don't know.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Are the Rams even part of this league called the NFL

on the british t.v station sky(which can also be picked up across europe)..they have between 4-6 games on live every weekend,they show perennial losers like Miami,Cleveland,Lions atleast 6 times a season...infact i think they showed Miami about 12 times last year,which wasnt too bad as i got to watch them lose 12 times...was "lucky" last week because they wanted to show the Bills so i got to see my Rams game...it does suck somewhat..im subscribed to sky but gotta pay 19 dollars a game to watch them on NFL pass.

i can understand when they dont show a team that are playing bad,but thats obviously not the case as i wouldnt have seen so many Browns,lions,phins games over the last few years if it was..

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Maybe... I just feel like complaining this year. Is it just me or does it seem like the St. Louis Rams don't have a team in the NFL.

Time after time I see other teams with lengthy and detailed reports as to what is going on behind closed doors. Football analysts go on and on about other teams.

I could point out several examples but, this week in particular we have our coach fired but, all that is given is a flash picture of Linehan with the statement of his firing monday as they go into lengthy debate as to what is happening in Oakland.

I know people around the country have no interest in this team but, I feel the lack of reports about the Rams seem a bit extreme. Not that this is the time I wish for the Rams to be in the spotlight.

Even when the Rams where the greatest show on turf they forced the media to cover them by their dominance and showmanship on offense. Even then I felt slighted somehow as if they felt the Rams were a fluke.

I don't know.
    The Rams are a Storied and very Proud Franchaise. I never understood why some teams get so much hype ( Cowboys, Raiders, Packers....etc.), with the Rams you have to dig deep to find the 'Diamond in the rough'.

The Rams have a great history, over 70 years in the NFL, in many ways should be considered 'America's Team'. The Rams are the only Franchaise in NFL history to win Championships in 3 different cities (Cleveland - 1945, Los Angeles - 1951, Saint Louis - 2000).

I've learned to seek far and wide about things concerning the Rams.
    THANK GOD FOR CLANRAM!
    Believe it or not, the Rams have a huge World Wide following!

Don't believe the hype about the other teams,
    The Rams are Greatest NFL team of ALL Times!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Actually, the way the Rams are playing, the answer to your question is NO.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Frito my friend can you say small market team in the midwest. That's why the national media ie. ESPN doesn't give them the time of day. Back in 06 when the Cardinals won the World Series, in the off season all the national media could talk about was what the Yankees and Red Sox were doing, so I don't think it has as much to do with the team as it does the location. Look no further than the college rankings to prove my theory, OU is #1 and rightfully so but do you see ESPN talking more about them or Alabama, Florida or USC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Blahh! Screw the national media! Only knuckle-dragging monosyllabic wordsmiths would care about their opinion anyway.

Frito, my friend, we didn't need the national media to put a finger on the pulse of this team in good times; fans like you and I certainly don't need them now either.

btw, I've always wanted to do this.............(grabs you by the back of the neck) I know it was you, Frito. You broke my heart, Frito. You broke my heart.

P.S. Yes, I know the character is Fredo, not Frito, but still....
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post

I don't know.
    Kinda answered your own question there ..

moklerman is offline Registered User

This goes back to Rosenbloom's death. The NFL was not happy about having a woman owner forced on them and I'd imagine they weren't happy about the move to St. Louis. They couldn't legally do anything but the Rams have long been out of any kind of spotlight when things are relatively normal.

Merchandise, national games, etc. The Rams won't usually get the benefit of doubt.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Whoever said it and darn i wish I can give credit to that person--but it went something like this....

The Rams still have GSOT, just now they broughtout the clowns

But eventhough Linehan and FO is the cause of much of the woes to the team, still the players are professionals and to allow themselves to be waxed the way they have, part of the blame is the team. The Rams need to get their pride back as Professionals, and as men