MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams expect boost in confidence ..

BY BILL COATS Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:00 am

Amid the revelry in the Rams' locker room Sunday evening, there was much discussion about how the 30-16 victory over Washington could affect the psyche of a team that had dropped 27 of its previous 28 games.

"I think it just has to boost our confidence tremendously," quarterback Sam Bradford said. "For (the Redskins) to come back and take the lead, and then us march right down and score … that's huge. That's something we hadn't done."

Added wide receiver Danny Amendola: "It gives us a lot of confidence going into next week. We've got a little of momentum, and it just shows teams around the league that we can win."

Coach Steve Spagnuolo didn't want to dampen his troops' joy, but he did stress that he didn't want them to wallow in it for long.

"I'm hoping the guys handle it right," Spagnuolo said. "It's a little bit of a confidence-builder, but if we're going to do this thing right, we forget about it and we move on to the next game. …

"I want our guys to enjoy the win. But that's it, it's over and done. We've got another game to play. You can't get stuck on that one, just like we couldn't get stuck on any of the losses, feeling sorry for ourselves."

Linebacker James Laurinaitis assured that the focus would turn quickly to Sunday's contest against NFC West rival Seattle. "Obviously it's good to get a win; hopefully it's one of many," he said. "Now, we've got those Seahawks."

injury updates

Rams wide receiver Dominique Curry will have surgery after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Sunday and is done for the season. Curry had been making an impact on special teams, including a blocked punt Sunday.

Other injury updates:

— Safety Oshiomogho Atogwe (thigh) took a blow to the same area that bothered him last week during practice. It occurred on a crack-back block by Redskins wideout Santana Moss that drew a 15-yard penalty.

— Safety Craig Dahl (concussion) passed an exertion test Monday and will be examined by an independent neurological consultant today. The earliest he could return to practice probably is Thursday.

— Safety Darian Stewart (hamstring) is day to day.

— Fullback Mike Karney (thumb) is expected to wear a cast in practice this week as a precaution.

— Tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (ankle), tight end Billy Bajema (knee), linebacker Chris Chamberlain (toe) and wide receiver Laurent Robinson (foot) are "progressing well," Spagnuolo reported.

RAM-BLINGS

Rams executive vice president Kevin Demoff said 8,000 tickets remained for Sunday's game as of Monday afternoon. He said it would take a strong week of ticket sales plus help from corporate sponsors for the game to be televised locally. … The Rams have given up just 49 points, the 10th-lowest total in the NFL. The Seahawks have scored 72 points, tied for seventh-highest in the league.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams expect boost in confidence ..

This is a HUGE game for our RAMS.

Wow when is the last time any of us typed that line or even read a line like that?

C'mon RAMS get er done!

richtree is offline Registered User

65-17 in our 2 games last year against the Hawks. This is the game of the year for us.

Our defense must stop the passing attack of the Hawks and we must find a way to score early in the game.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well Hasslebeans is no Donovan McNabb when it comes to scrambling. Our D gave Donovan fits last Sunday - hopefully that's something the D can build on when we face off against the Squawks Sunday ..

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Honestly, I really dont HATE a lot of teams around the nfl. The seahawks are one of the teams I hate. I cannot express how much I would love to win against them.