Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams express interest in Ty Law

NFL Total Access reports that the St. Louis Rams have called the Postons, expressing interest about acquiring Ty Law at a rather low price. Needless to say, the Ty Law camp wasn't interested, and word has it Carl Poston is flying to New York tomorrow to talk contract with the Jets over dinner.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Rams express interest in Ty Law

Wow nick, you posted that quick, I should read before I post. I just caught a part of it thanks for the details.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I heard this about a month or so ago.

This really doesn't mean much. As long as nobody gives him a rediculous contract, I'd say the Rams still have a chance to get this guy.

We have the cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    We have the cap room.
    Do we? We had a little under $4.5 million in cap room after the draft in April. Since then we've signed all but two of our rookies, the biggest of the contracts yet to come in Barron. We also added Tom Nutten and Brandon Green, so we're probably looking at under $3 million in cap space right now with Barron's contract still to deal with.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

For anything more than a token sum, I'd say forget him. Someone please show me where he's proven the foot won't be an issue and I might think about it, but not for more than a one year contract.
    That kind of foot injury, which is difficult to return from for anyone, let alone a DB, can be career death. Until he's a proven performer again, I don't believe he'll get the terms he's looking for.
    Good luck to him, though. He was great.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I heard this about a month or so ago.

This really doesn't mean much. As long as nobody gives him a rediculous contract, I'd say the Rams still have a chance to get this guy.

We have the cap room.
    I don't think so. I heard the Jets are preparing to pay him nearly $4 mil a year - don't jump all over me, it's just hearsay, and that does sound rather high, but it is what I heard.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Do we? We had a little under $4.5 million in cap room after the draft in April. Since then we've signed all but two of our rookies, the biggest of the contracts yet to come in Barron. We also added Tom Nutten and Brandon Green, so we're probably looking at under $3 million in cap space right now with Barron's contract still to deal with.
    I thought we had about 4.5 to spend after we subtracted the amount we set aside for the rookies.

I thought we had about 4.5 to spend after we subtracted the amount we set aside for the rookies.
    I didn't see anything to indicate that the rookie pool had already been factored into the figure, but you may be right.

Still, I doubt the Rams are going to be willing to match what the Jets offer, nor should they be, IMO. Has Law even successfully shown he's capable of playing on that foot when the regular season rolls around?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IMHO, this is all moot. The Jets will pay this guy, we won't. It sounds to me like the FO just wanted to throw out a line, and Poston wasn't biting. It never hurts to ask.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Although he would be a good pick up for you guys, I really doubt he signs with you. He is looking for outrageous money and I don't see many teams willing to spend that on an aging DB. He was good a few years, but his level of play has significantly dropped since then. All that being said, I still don't want you to sign him because you secondary is the one place where my team has an advantage over you...that is if they can hold on to the ball. (and that's a big if)

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

BobNWeave is offline Registered User

Wouldn't be the worst signing, but I doubt it happens. His pricetag is too high, and we just drafted a bunch of db's already. While he'd be an upgrade, I'd like to see how these rooks pan out.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    IMHO, this is all moot. The Jets will pay this guy, we won't. It sounds to me like the FO just wanted to throw out a line, and Poston wasn't biting. It never hurts to ask.
    In this case it most certainly does hurt to ask. The Poston's bring with them a brand of stink that we don't need. Just as with Rosenhaus, if you know the name of a certain player's agent, it's probably not a good thing. For example, I have no idea who the agents for Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marc Bulger, Marshall Faulk & the new Orlando Pace are. However, I can tell you who the agents for trouble makers like Arrington, Owens, Walker, Law, Peterson, & the old Orlando Pace are/were. If an agent's name makes the news, it ain't for good reasons.

And by the way, we all now know that Barron's agent is named Roosevelt Barnes...again, not good.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."