RamTime Guest

For the Rams fan that thinks he has nothing left to learn about the Rams

For those who are new to the stench its important that you know the whole Frontiere story.

the good stuff is at the bottom.
    Dominic Frontiere

Born 17 June 1931, New Haven, Connecticut

Dom Frontiere qualifies for mention on four counts:

As jazz accordionist and combo leader
    As mastermind behind The Mighty Accordion Band
    As composer of the exotica classic, "Pagan Festival"
    As composer of numerous film and television scores

Frontiere grew up in a musical family, learning several instruments before adopting the accordion as his main focus. He proved a prodigy, and was travelling to New York for lessons with accordion virtuoso Joseph Biviano at 7 and performing solo at Carnegie Hall at the age of 12. From an early age, Frontiere's interest in music went beyond just performing, though, and he studied classical music, arranging, and composition through high school and after.
    He joined Horace Heidt's big band in 1949, replacing accordion star Dick Contino (who later recorded for Mercury in the 1950s) and becoming lead arranger as well. He left Heidt in 1952 and moved to Hollywood, where he studied with Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco at UCLA and with violinist and studio conductor Felix Slatkin. Frontiere was taken under the wing of Alfred Newman, Music Director at 20th Century-Fox studios, and his brother, film composer Lionel Newman, who soon had him working steadily on a variety of scoring jobs.

Frontiere also participated in heyday of the West Coast jazz, forming a sextet that included Jack Marshall on guitar. He recorded several albums for Liberty. Along with Art Van Damme and Johnny Hamlin, he ranks among the leading (and only) jazz accordionists.

Frontiere experimented with several novelties as diversions from his studio work. One was an album for Columbia, "Pagan Festival," that is now recalled fondly as one of the prime examples of "true" exotica. As its liner notes state, "Pagan Festival" is an "interpretation of ancient Inca rituals, superstitions, and the romance and mysteries of their colorful civilization." One suspects he ran Yma Sumac's albums for a few spins while conceiving on the pieces on this work, which feature such titles as "Temple of Suicide," "Jaguar God," and "Venus Girl."

A year or two after "Pagan Festival," Frontiere dived into the stereo spectacular wave, producing and arranging an album for Capitol that featured a band of twenty-some accordions. "They said it couldn't be done . . . The Mighty Accordion Band" showed a gorilla playing an accordion on the cover and included rousing renditions of such exotica standards as "Caravan."

Frontiere has concentrated on composing for films and television since the early 1960s. His scoring credits include such films as Hang 'Em High, Hammersmith Is Out, The Stunt Man, and what is probably Bob Hope's worst movie, Cancel My Reservation. He also composed the theme for the aliens-are-among-us television series, The Invaders.

Aside from all of the above, Frontiere is also known as the seventh husband of St. Louis (nee Los Angeles) Rams owner Georgia Frontiere (who has a second exotica credit of being the daughter of legendary singer-dancer-accordionist-radio hostess-recording artist-lunar explorer Lucia Pamela). Frontiere helped then-Georgia Rosenbloom, then-wife of Rams owner Carroll Rosenbloom (husband number 6) as an accompanist--first on the piano, then elsewhere. The two married in July 1980, but the romance faded after Dominic got in trouble for alleged ticket scalping at the 1980 Super Bowl. He served nine months in federal prison after pleading guilty to filing a false income tax return, and Georgia divorced him in 1988, moving on to another musician, Earle Weatherwax. Dominic moved to New Mexico and largely dropped out of sight after that.
    =====================================================
    Yes indeed, another example of Georgia swimming with sharks and remaining unscathed.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: For the Rams fan that thinks he has nothing left to learn about the Rams

Frontiere is also known as the seventh husband
    Wow, didn't know that one. Marriage is kind of a hobby for ol' Georgia I guess. I bet that girl has more rings than a telephone.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Wow, didn't know that one. Marriage is kind of a hobby for ol' Georgia I guess. I bet that girl has more rings than a telephone.
    Not to mention one ring that we all wish we had one of. She got that sometime in early 2000...
    This space for rent...

moklerman is offline Registered User

Isn't life funny? St. Louis fans loathe Bill Bidwell (for good reason) yet, fall in love with Georgia Rosenbloom (as long as she owns the Rams she should have to go by Rosenbloom) on the rebound. Poor St. Louisans.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Isn't life funny? St. Louis fans loathe Bill Bidwell (for good reason) yet, fall in love with Georgia Rosenbloom (as long as she owns the Rams she should have to go by Rosenbloom) on the rebound. Poor St. Louisans.
    I don't hear anyone singing her praises. There may be some fans less educated in Rams history who do, but not around here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I don't hear anyone singing her praises. There may be some fans less educated in Rams history who do, but not around here.
    Not a scientific study, but when I was in New Orleans for a Monday Night game in 2001, to a man, every St. Louis fan I talked to thought Georgia was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was shocked. One guy actually said if he wasn't already married, he'd marry Georgia. True story, I sh** you not.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Not a scientific study, but when I was in New Orleans for a Monday Night game in 2001, to a man, every St. Louis fan I talked to thought Georgia was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was shocked. One guy actually said if he wasn't already married, he'd marry Georgia. True story, I sh** you not.
    I can only assume these individuals fall into the bold category below...

Originally Posted by HUbison

RamTime Guest

Does anyone remember Georgia saying something to the effect of:
    I like the forty niners, I like it when we play the forty niners. Maybe one day we will get to play them in the Superbowl. :O

For 500 points when/where did she say these words?

I guess it's not officially the off season until we pick on Georgia.
    Man what if she reads this stuff.
    (It's all in fun Georgia. Yeas it's just us Rams fans having some fun.)

RamTime Guest

This is some funny material.
    ROTFLMMFAO