Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Rams fans better show up tonight!

As bad as this season has been the game better be mostly Rams fans tonight not Steeler fans. On a night where the Rams will retire Faulks jersey how pathetic would it be if the crowd was pro Steeler? If your a season ticket holder and you sold your ticket to a Steeler fan tonight you are not a true Rams fan I dont care what your excuse is. One of the greatest Rams of all time will be honored tonight and hopefully it will be in front of Rams fans not Steeler fans. The Rams stink this year we all get that but this is a game Rams fans must show up for. Not to mention it may be Bruce's last home game as a Ram as well. Hey, if your a Rams fan and you sold your tickets to a Steeler fan at least that Steeler fan can tell his kids he got to see the great Marshall Faulk honored on a night where half the stadium was Steeler fans.

Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Rams fans better show up tonight!

Well, I will make this statement and make it boldly ...

The most glorious moments of this franchise were from 1999 through 2001 when the Ram's rode Marshall Faulk to two Super Bowl's, including the victory in 1999 ...

Yes, I understand that St. Louis doesn't have a very strong football fanbase considering the team has only been here for a relatively short period of time. During that short period of time, there has been significantly more losing than winning ...

All this aside, if the Ram's fans do not come out in groves tonight to see Faulk get his number retired, then they are just PLAIN SORRY FANS, I do not care how you spin it. Marshall Faulk is the greatest Ram's player in the St. Louis era, hands down. He is easily one of the top RB's of ALL-TIME and he was instrumental in bringing the title home ...

Not showing up for this game is a slap in the face to this man. It would be the utmost of pathetic displays if the fans of St. Louis can't bring themselves to sit through one game to see this man honored. If anything, just come to see him at halftime or whenever they are having the ceremony ...

Not showing up will cement forever how selfish some so-called "fans" can be ...

With that said, I fully expect the stadium to be half full of Steeler's fans. I hope I am proven wrong ...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I agree with both of you that it will be sad if the fans don't show up tonight,I will bypass the name calling since I also think that they have the right to do whatever they want with there tickets,as I said yesterday most of us would give our right arm to be there tonight to see the game and Faulk and it is so hard to understand why people who live 20 minutes away don't go.I do think they will show up tonight to honor Faulk if for no other reason.Lets hope so.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, my money says we'll witness a sea of "terrible towels" tonight.

..well, SOME will see it. Those w/o the NFL network will only read about it later.

The fans in STL are probably out shopping, buying up all the Cardinals jerseys. Afterall, STL IS a baseball town, or so I've been told.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

yodachu is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Unfortunately, my money says we'll witness a sea of "terrible towels" tonight.

..well, SOME will see it. Those w/o the NFL network will only read about it later.

The fans in STL are probably out shopping, buying up all the Cardinals jerseys. Afterall, STL IS a baseball town, or so I've been told.
    No, we were out buying jerseys last week. Tonight it is walking around Busch Stadium and waiting for tickets to go on sale until some1 tells us its December 20th.

A39J is offline Registered User

Our fanbase sucks in St. Louis. I wish I still lived there, I would go to every game and root my heart out.

Rams Games are probably the worse games to go too. No enthusiasm in the crowd.

Cleveland Rocks is offline Registered User

Please be loud and hopefully the D can get in Toothlessbugar's face. Cleveland is rooting for you tonight and the Squeelers are playing poorly. GO RAMS!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

It would be sad if there is a sea of terrible towels, so break out the tissues boys.

The only reason to watch the game is to see what the steelers rename our stadium

bruce4life is offline Registered User

it is just down right pathetic guys... if this game was in so cal, you better believe that every single so cal rams fan would be there tonight to honor marshal marshal marshal, but its in StL so all the steeler fans will get to appreciate greatness...

They call themselves a baseball town but what the cards have won 1 WORLD SERIES in the past decade since the RAMS have been to St.Louis. Shoot, the rams have won a Super Bowl since then. the ANGELS have a better team than the CARDS anyways... ( don't know where i was going with that last comment but i just want to talk trash to all the WANNABE FANS IN STL....)

LIKE JIM ROME SAYS I'M OUT

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

How embarrassing would it be if a recurring theme during the telecast was the amount of Steelers fans in the ED, on a night when the first Ram ever has his jersey retired IN St. Louis?:\

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    How embarrassing would it be if a recurring theme during the telecast was the amount of Steelers fans in the ED, on a night when the first Ram ever has his jersey retired IN St. Louis? :\
    Well, let's hope we (STL) will be able to avoid that!

One would think that with the special Marshall Jersey event there will be a much better attendance but, on the other hand, western Pennsylvanians yellow fans are all excited right now and don't live too far from eastern Missourians true Rams fans (600 mi.); probably eager to make the terrible towel trip to tonight's game. Grrrr!

:bash: NO!
    Let's not allow that to happen. Rammiser, we'll be there in spirit even from thousands of miles away. Clobber the Steelax -- and their fans!
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-20-2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Smiley

Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

I will be going to bed shortly so I can get up for 0100hrs GMT. I will be watching the game on Sky sports.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to have the opportunity of watching Rams games on a regular basis. REGARDLESS of the teams record.

It has cost me $4,000 to see the Rams play just twice. And about $700 in fan apparell over 25yrs.

I will bleed Ram until the day I die, and would love to be able to see them play again, other than once or twice a year on Sky sports TV, or the Gamecenter at NFL.com.

To Mr Marshall Faulk

Man, where to start...

In brief, I won't be there in person to honour all the blood sweat and tears that you gave to this team. But I will be there via satalite..

Bro, your tenure as a Ram was the most electrifying experience I have ever encountered as a fan of this team. You and your team mates always made me look forward to each Sunday like a guy waiting to go out on his first date!!! Sweaty palms, butterflies, etc...

The first catch and run touchdown in the playoff game against the Vikings in 1999/00 was the epitomy of your greatness for me. I knew the trophy was ours after that game. I have never experienced the 'atmosphere' of that post season and 2001's in all MY years as a Ram fan.

You are a true professional and one of the purest saavy's of the moderm game.
    Thank you for allowing me the undeniable honour of seeing you play primetime live.

Enjoy the ceremony 28.

St. Louis owes it to you.

From a fan in the UK.

:l

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

If the fans truly care about the Rams, they will show up tonight for Marshall. If not, then whatever

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

what jersey do you think they will retire ? the throwback from SB 34 or the jersey they wear now ?

Keenum is offline Registered User

I was lucky enough to win some tickets on eBay, and have just made the 6 1/2 hour drive from Alabama to be here. Me and my dad will be at least 2 Rams fans at that stadium.
    Just got at the hotel in St.Louis, and now we are about to leave.
    I'll be wearin my gold #28 jersey to support Faulk tonight.
    Enjoy the game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast