Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams fans Pack it in by selling seats

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    What business does someone with 3 kids, a mortgage, car payments, orthodontist payments, making about 45K a year with Christmas coming up have spending their hard earned money on 4 or 5 PSL's and Season Tickets?
    So the kids aren't allowed any ketchup/mustard on their hot dogs. No gravy on the mashed potatos. No peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, jelly only. Water on their morning cereal instead of milk. Gotta have those RAMS tix!!!!

Now that's a "DIE-HARD fan!!!

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I don't think it's too long of a road trip for the Pack to make it to St.Louis, so it made since they got all the unsold tickets (or unwanted from other fans).

But I keep thinking of this: if the city of St.Louis keeps ignoring the Rams, there will be a time when other teams won't take up that slack and get those other tickets, and the team WILL move somewhere else.

There are some teams that have a great fan base all over the country. The Packers are one of those teams. There are teams that travel well. The Packers are one of those teams as well. The Steelers travel with a big fan base too.

I think you're right about the slack not getting picked-up. I don't know if the team will move, but it certainly won't make it a place free agents will want to hang their hats.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The bottom line...

Our fans can be considered as pathetic as the team. Most are as fair weathered as 70% of the league. People would find the money and time if they were winning. In my book...it is a joke and we all should be as ashamed of ourselves as much as we are of this team. The team didn't perform and neither did we!

Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

Sup,

I came to the dome in 2000 from England to watch the boys destroy the whiners 40 something to twenty something...

And again in 2001 to watch the Monday night loss to the buccaneers..

My observations of my trip(s) trips to the TWA dome as it was then...(I think)

2000 Outside;

Not a great tailgate scene. (Had heard US sports fans held huge friendly bbq's and parties in car parks before the game. Didn't see much of said activity if I'm honest.

However, the night before I had met a lovely lady waitress in 'Jakes steaks' and had been taken to a club called 'Boomers' by her and some of her friends, so I gave her my spare ticket (I brought a spare with me from England as I thought I could hook up with another fan and go to the game.)

Inside, I found some of the green waiscoated dome staff a little curt, and non-plus. I guess they are just better dressed versions of uk soccer 'stewards' we get over here.

It had a very 'convention' like air about the place, and by that I mean other than a few fans wearing jerseys, most people looked like they were there to have a buissness meeting in casual clothes on a Sunday afternoon.

I was expecting rabid, face painted, camera hogging, finger pointing, screaming ram fanatics considering it was the season after the super bowl win. But alas it was not as expected. It certainly wasn't as loud as I expected considering it was the whiners we were playing.

Saying that, I was there making a fool of myself, ruining my vocal chords with each yard gained and each yard prevented. Hell, I was leaving for the UK in two days and this was a dream come true for me, so I went for it.

All in all, I had a great time, can't remember much about the music, other than the old..'Dr whoooo..hey!....Dr who!' At each kick off for both teams, being very much evident.

I don't go to all games, for obvious reasons (But certainly would if I could REGARDLESS of our record!) so I can't judge the atmosphere on a regular basis.

My 2001 visit was much of the same other than it was darker (Monday Night Football), there were more TV camera's around, and bucc's fans were bringing toy Ram effigy's complete with nooses round their necks, into St Louis bars. And Ram fans took it!?.....Shocking!

If you did that as a travelling supporter at my local pub here in the UK, you wouldn't have made it back home.

Still my observations of the dome and surrounding area from my two trips.

And hey....a big shout out to the 2000/01 crew at 'Jakes Stakes' for making the lonely Englishman who stayed at the dodgy 'Days Inn' on Washington Drive feel very welcome.....and very drunk.

:r
    Last edited by Ntchwaidumela; -12-18-2007 at 07:39 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    The bottom line...

Our fans can be considered as pathetic as the team. Most are as fair weathered as 70% of the league. People would find the money and time if they were winning. In my book...it is a joke and we all should be as ashamed of ourselves as much as we are of this team. The team didn't perform and neither did we!
    I agree our fanbase as a whole can be considered pathetic Jason, but I have a clear conscience, as should you and many others here who have traveled far and wide to attend games. I yelled my ass off at the Browns game and plan on doing the same in Glendale for the finale against the Cardinals. In fact, I can't wait!

Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

I'll be screaming at my PC in deepest darkest Wiltshire, UK.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Mike,
    Nothing was meant towards this group. Anyone here and who spends the countless hours that we do on this site talking football I would consider die-hards!~

My beef is with St. Louis. Fickle I tell you. And all together pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree our fanbase as a whole can be considered pathetic Jason, but I have a clear conscience, as should you and many others here who have traveled far and wide to attend games. I yelled my ass off at the Browns game and plan on doing the same in Glendale for the finale against the Cardinals. In fact, I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Mike,
    Nothing was meant towards this group. Anyone here and who spends the countless hours that we do on this site talking football I would consider die-hards!~

My beef is with St. Louis. Fickle I tell you. And all together pathetic.
    Fickle is indeed a good way to put it my friend, and it is pathetic when you can equate Rams season ticket holders to Cardinals season ticket holders, who post thousands and thousands of seats for sale on the internet.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    What is the most effective way for fans to get something turned around in this day and age? Booing? nope. Writing how they feel on websites? no way, they don't read this stuff. Answer: stop showing up. Stop buying jerseys. Stop buying hotel rooms. Stop buying nasty hot dogs. That will show the front office that what they are putting on the field is **** and we as fans aren't going to support that.

I honestly think that if sports fans were more like movie fans the product would be much improved, but I bet if that were the case and the Rams right now are the "Ishtar" of the NFL that some of you would STILL go see "Ishtar" blindly.
    Roll back into history.......

We tried that back in the '80's in LA/Anaheim. The beotch took the team to St. Louis. Remember?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

We tried that back in the '80's in LA/Anaheim. The beotch took the team to St. Louis. Remember?
    What a great point.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

Why would you do that in the 80's? They were good in the 80's.

Now, the 90's I could understand.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, STL has an advantage over LA at the time....where would she take them now? LA? NFL wouldn't let her. Maybe San Antonio (which I am campaigning for) but what city is left that could support an NFL Franchise? Jacksonville is struggling, so is Carolina. The NFL has pretty much maxed out it's cities other than Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City.....

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I think there are two types of football fans and there always will be, there are the guys where there life revolves around there football team.thats us,then there are the fair weather fans who support the good times and forget about the team when things are bad.there are a few exceptions to this such as the Packers,Steelers,Bears,etc.as alot of you have said some fans of teams travel well and this is why there are so many of the opposing teams fans at the dome and of course because the Rams stink.some people think I'm alittle crazy because I am into the Rams 365 days a year just as most of you are,does that make me a bad person ? No, to the fair weather fan who only goes to games when the team is good,is this person crazy or a bad person ? No, now we think they are but they are not they just view it differently. most of us would give our right arm to go to every game and thats why we have trouble understanding the people who live in the Rams back yard and don't go to games.again these are not bad people they just don't share our love of the RAMS.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -12-19-2007 at 02:29 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, STL has an advantage over LA at the time....where would she take them now? LA? NFL wouldn't let her. Maybe San Antonio (which I am campaigning for) but what city is left that could support an NFL Franchise? Jacksonville is struggling, so is Carolina. The NFL has pretty much maxed out it's cities other than Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City.....
    Bangor, Maine???? That would be the Frozen Tundra II.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I think there are two types of football fans and there always will be, there are the guys where there life revolves around there football team.thats us,then there are the fair weather fans who support the good times and forget about the team when things are bad.there are a few exceptions to this such as the Packers,Steelers,Bears,etc.as alot of you have said some fans of teams travel well and this is why there are so many of the opposing teams fans at the dome and of course because the Rams stink.some people think I'm alittle crazy because I am into the Rams 365 days a year just as most of you are,does that make me a bad person ? No, to the fair weather fan who only goes to games when the team is good,is this person crazy or a bad person ? No, now we think they are but they are not they just view it differently. most of us would give our right arm to go to every game and thats why we have trouble understanding the people who live in the Rams back yard and don't go to games.again these are not bad people they just don't share our love of the RAMS.
    Well, the problem I have with these people in St. Louis that don't go to games are the PSL holders who buy the tickets and there sole objective is to pawn them on the internet for three times what they are worth. Not only is it pathetic and a shame, considering all the diehards and less fortunate that would like to attend the games, but if I am correct, it is against Missouri state laws to sell the tickets for profit. It is these people that I have a problem with because they have taken away all of what is special about being a season ticket holder. I live in Alabama and am in the process of looking for a decent set of PSL's and would love to get some. I would be there every week. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay 3x or more retail price each time I want to go to a game. It's just ridiculous ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast