Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Rams fans should be honest about RGIII and the Redskins

The intersection of two circumstances, (1) the Rams holding the Redskins' 2014 first round pick, and (2) RGIII's injury, creates a delicate situation for Rams fans.

I would hope that most Rams fans are not of the type that would ever cheer an injury. At the end of the day, football players are real people, not mere enemy combatants. While it is human nature to consider it good fortune when an opponent is not at full strength, one should never hope for players to get hurt.

That said, it would be disingenuous, at best, for any Rams fan to deny that he or she relishes the prospect of the Redskins having a poor record in 2013, leading to a high pick for the Rams in 2014.

So, we should all just be honest about it.

I hope that RGIII makes a full recovery... and the Redskins finish 1-15 anyway (their only win coming against the Niners, who they will play next year)!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams fans should be honest about RGIII and the Redskins

I like RGIII a lot, he seems like a good dude so I'll be rooting for him, for sure. Having said that, hopefully he'll need a year off from football to fully recover and the Skins will have an excellent pick for us

After that, Washington can be awesome. Just suck for us in 2013 please. You were supposed to this year too! lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

molbio44 is offline Registered User

I really hope RGIII does well and gets well soon; I like him a lot. It's a lot of fun to watch him play!

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I like RGIII a lot, he seems like a good dude so I'll be rooting for him, for sure. Having said that, hopefully he'll need a year off from football to fully recover and the Skins will have an excellent pick for us

After that, Washington can be awesome. Just suck for us in 2013 please. You were supposed to this year too! lol
    I can't root for RGIII to be seriously injured nor that he needs a year off the recuperate, although 12 to 18 months is about par for the course with an LCL and ACL injury. Having said that I don't know if the Rams will need the Skins to play poorly because I think we're well on our way to having a very good team and we have plenty of picks this year to do that with, maybe even dangling a high pick for a few more. The Rams are on the upswing.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I truly feel bad the guy got hurt. I never wish major injuries on another player.

That said, nothing has changed as far as my rooting interests. I rooted for Washington to have a lousy season WITH RGIII in 2013 and will continue to do so if they are WITHOUT him in 2014!!

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm with NJ on this, I wanted them to lose every game this year and that will be my hope next year. That pick will have a huge impact on our franchise.

That being said I never wanted to see anything like we saw Sunday. That was so ugly on so many levels.

I have said along with many here on this board that a QB can't be exposed without getting hurt at some point. But that does not mean I'm glad he got hurt.

I hope he has a speedy recovery and the Skins can figure out how to best use him without exposing him to so many unnecessary hits.

The scheme they use is in a way what Martz did with his QB's. He exposes them to big hits to stress the defense. We all know how that works long term.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-09-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I can't root for RGIII to be seriously injured nor that he needs a year off the recuperate, although 12 to 18 months is about par for the course with an LCL and ACL injury. Having said that I don't know if the Rams will need the Skins to play poorly because I think we're well on our way to having a very good team and we have plenty of picks this year to do that with, maybe even dangling a high pick for a few more. The Rams are on the upswing.
    Of course I'm kidding, but the reality is he has that injury and it's going to, more than likely, negatively impact the Skins, which will help us out big time. It's convenient--but once again, I hope the guy returns and can play just like he did this year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I want RG3 to be healthy, but suck all the same
    That way skins fans have no excuses

macrammer is online now Registered User

I never ever wish any player to be injured. Even the Whiners. I really like RG III and I have enjoyed watching him this year. The guy is special. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays next year and plays well. I hope we have a better record.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Honestly, I wish RG3 a full and complete recovery. Just not so speedy.

I also hope Kirk Cousins has a horrendous sophomore slump.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I think he needs to take next year off and get healthy (smiles), i love RG3, he is exciting to watch. BUT for some reason I think the Skins have found a gem in Cousins. I wouldnt be suprised if he started the 2013 season, and played lights out. I believe if RG3 doesnt start the 2013 season, Cousins is gonna be hard to take off the field. Im predicting a QB controversy some time next year or the 2014 season. Get ready to see this on espn everyday

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Said it before, though I like RG3, he is a buste. Has lots of talent, great leadership on the field and can throw the ball, that normally means your a success as a QB. However unless he develops self preservation skills, he will not have a long career in the NFL.

The NFL football and College football is a universe apart. Of the 32 NFL teams, each team has the top 1% of all football players--they are bigger, faster, meanier and generally more talented. Of the Bowl winners this pass season, which of them could win a game against a team like Detroit? RG3 in all his college career playing football never came up against a team as talented as any of the NFL teams...let alone face every week the depth of talent on any NFL team. And I think the redskins knew this from the start; who again was their pick for second string QB....? Excactly

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Said it before, though I like RG3, he is a buste. Has lots of talent, great leadership on the field and can throw the ball, that normally means your a success as a QB. However unless he develops self preservation skills, he will not have a long career in the NFL.

The NFL football and College football is a universe apart. Of the 32 NFL teams, each team has the top 1% of all football players--they are bigger, faster, meanier and generally more talented. Of the Bowl winners this pass season, which of them could win a game against a team like Detroit? RG3 in all his college career playing football never came up against a team as talented as any of the NFL teams...let alone face every week the depth of talent on any NFL team. And I think the redskins knew this from the start; who again was their pick for second string QB....? Excactly
    A buste? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. How can a man with all the attributes you mentioned, throw for 3100 yards, rush for 752 more. Throw 20 TDs against 5 picks, run for 6 more TDs, have a passer rating of 104.1, likely be named Rookie of the Year, plus lead a team like the Redskins to the playoffs in his 1st year, be a buste?

Your commentary makes absolutely no sense to me.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    A bust? No.

Busted? Yes.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i have no idea how someone could label robert griffin III as a bust after a good first year...i don't think he's the next greatest player ever, but not a bust at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast