Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Rams fans should be honest about RGIII and the Redskins

Wow, I didn't even think about this in context of the 2014 pick.

I hope RGIII comes back strong and tears (no pun) the league up. He is fun to watch.

The late first round picks are more fun, anyway - the top half seem to end up being players at the most popular positions, usually overrated. This way we can actually go BPA - truly good players always fall.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

As with any mutual agreement based on shared risks and assumptions, you take the good with the bad and wish your partner well in the future.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I don't wish RGIII ill health or anything, but I do wish the hyperbole surrounding him and Wilson would calm down a bit. Can't wait to see their madden ratings next year, probably be the new video game Michael Vicks, only better.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    A buste? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. How can a man with all the attributes you mentioned, throw for 3100 yards, rush for 752 more. Throw 20 TDs against 5 picks, run for 6 more TDs, have a passer rating of 104.1, likely be named Rookie of the Year, plus lead a team like the Redskins to the playoffs in his 1st year, be a buste?

Your commentary makes absolutely no sense to me.
    WHOA!!!!

A team like the Redskins??????

Did you watch much of what the Redskins did this year? Kurt Cousins had some pretty good numbers with "a team like the Redskins". Also remember that Shanahan knows how to team OL to illegally block without getting caught. That does wonders for a run O, and makes any D SO MUCH softer. "A team like the Redskins" is not that bad.

I agree with the rest of what you said, RGme is not a bust. Although, he could be one if he cannot come back from the knee injury, but I don't see him failing there.

gap

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    WHOA!!!!

A team like the Redskins??????

Did you watch much of what the Redskins did this year? Kurt Cousins had some pretty good numbers with "a team like the Redskins". Also remember that Shanahan knows how to team OL to illegally block without getting caught. That does wonders for a run O, and makes any D SO MUCH softer. "A team like the Redskins" is not that bad.

I agree with the rest of what you said, RGme is not a bust. Although, he could be one if he cannot come back from the knee injury, but I don't see him failing there.

gap
    I said a team like the Redskins, because they were 5-11 the previous year, and I'm pretty sure that didn't scare anybody.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Bust, yep, I stand by what I said even though it sounds illogical considering what he did foir the Redskin. Guess who sadly has undergone a surgery on his knee? Answer, RG3. And there is already consern he might not be the same RG3 in 2013 as he was in 2012. I hope he is because he is fun to watch and I like the idea the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants getting frustrated playing against him.

The BUST part comes from what the Redskins gave up to get him. Already in his first year he has been seriously injured twice. If for somereason he doesn't learn self preservation stills, how long would his career last? Ideally a team would like 10 or more season having an elite QB. So the question is can the Redskins get back out of RG3 what they gave up to get him. At this stage the answer is NO. The Redskins would have done better in the long run (2012/2013/2014) seasons getting Wilson--who by the way is still playing in the 2012 playoffs. And guess who would still have their draft picks had the Redskins not traded to get RG3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12