general counsel is offline Registered User

rams fans vs. players-who cares more about winning?

Who cares more about winning, fans or players? Interesting debate. Sure, the players are competitors and they want to win. Sure, it hurts them when they lose. Sure they often get more endoresement money when they win.

But, at the end of the day, they get paid the same money whether they do or dont win. As fans, we live and die with this team year after year for the love of the horns, the game and of couse, the love of dez.

I am sure that there are exceptions, but as a general rule, i think winning and losing means more to many of us than it does to the players.

Any thoughts from the group

ramming speed to all

general counsel

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: rams fans vs. players-who cares more about winning?

One other point. I think the coaches want to win as much as the fans do. If the team loses, the coaches get fired, even when it isnt their fault.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

gc, great question and my thought is the players do care, but a loss seems to stay with the fans longer, the players go back to practice on tuesday and start working on the next game, we think and talk about the past weeks game all week long.theres not much better than going to work on monday when your team has just won 42-20. it also makes for along day when everyone wants to know why your team lost so bad to the cardinals on sunday.i know we all have certain little things we do on gameday and when we lose its a major disappointment.players change teams all the time, but we as fans stay loyal to one team,so in closing i think it means more to the fans.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    One other point. I think the coaches want to win as much as the fans do. If the team loses, the coaches get fired, even when it isnt their fault.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I totally AGREE with your post G.C. the players do have bones when they do well at least they used to ?? The thing I would like to add is Leadership from the top down , I've seen it for many years , How good mgmt and leadership with positive out look can really change a very bad situation into a very good one ... I think we have enough good players to make it happen ... I've seen alot of post about how no good this player is and so on , I know that all players are not alike butt to get to that level of play one must be very good at what they do to get into the NFL and stay in the NFL , So with that being said , I really think
    thats it more of a mental path that the players goes on when they come in to the league , weather Its the money that get to him or the fame or the way he is coached , thats were I think it really ls
    ...I must admit these are only my thoughts and it may be a different pic all together .....Nice post

Attachment 536
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-12-2005 at 04:45 PM.