Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ljcrayton
  • 1 Post By thoey
  • 2 Post By cfin5256
  • 1 Post By DE_Ramfan

Thread: Rams featured on talk radio

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Rams featured on talk radio

You know it's been a long time since i've listened to ESPN radio in my car and heard an entire segment about Rams football and let me tell you, it felt pretty darn good listening to the segment featuring appearances by Sam "Superbowl" Bradford and "Mighty Mouse" Danny Amendola with a nice discussion about Cortland Finnegan.

Jim Rome actually praised Finnegan and said he WILL be in the hall of fame because he does something that no other corner can do, he gets under the skin of receivers and make them do stupid things...we all remember the fight between him and Andre Johnson...and andre johnson is probably the most cool and calm receiver in the league. Finnegan may not be the fastest, the biggest, the strongest or the best in coverage, yet he still makes big plays and throws receivers out of their game....probably the best pick up we made this off-season.

As for Bradford, apparently he went to Amendola after the fumble and told him "i'm going right back to you" and that means something. Bradford having amendola is just amazing. We all harp about not having a true number 1 receiver, but Sammy is showing he can get it done with Amendola. Remember, the patriots won a superbowl and they didn't have a Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

My point is, we need to scratch the last 5 seasons from our memories. This team is playoff worthy if they continue to play like this. I remember the last 2 years, all of us were just waiting for the day that our coaching staff "unleash" Bradford and Sunday they did and it was wonderful...Strap in everybody, we are going to a dis-functional bears team and we are 60 minutes from having a winning season since......since.........damn, since katrina hit New Orleans I believe.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Re: Rams featured on talk radio

Hearing hype about The Rams after a high-profile win is certainly a welcome & exciting change but it's still just hype based on a small sample of football, just as the raving about RGIII was. CF is going to the HOF ?! Child,please....

thoey is offline Registered User

Funny, as I was watching ESPN's football highlights from the weekend last night, you would have thought RG III won the game all by himself. He did this, did that, oh, Danny caught a couple passes, RG III walked on water in the 4th, and some loser lost his head to cost them the game.

Our time will come when we deserve it, but how about a little love?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    This space for rent...

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

See Jim Rome may be praising us, but from other ESPN personalities all I have heard was how it was an embarrassment that RG3 lost to us. "The Rams offense did not score that many points all last season, so it goes to show you how poor the redskins defense played."

I remember hearing that and pretty much almost punched through my TV.

I am pretty sure this video explains exactly how I feel.
    Rodney Dangerfield - No Respect - YouTube

cfin5256 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Funny, as I was watching ESPN's football highlights from the weekend last night, you would have thought RG III won the game all by himself. He did this, did that, oh, Danny caught a couple passes, RG III walked on water in the 4th, and some loser lost his head to cost them the game.

Watching ESPN and NFLN highlights, you'd wonder if Sam even played.
    Rambos and THOLTFAN81 like this.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Again, that's why I posted it. Watching on tv and most other shows, all the highlights are RG3 this, and how he rushed for 2 touchdowns and how good his arm is. When people talk about the rams, it's like at after thought.

"RG3 had an amazing performance this sunday, oh and Sam Bradford threw for over 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, danny amendola tied a NFL record, Rams won their first home opener in 5 years...but RG3 is the real deal"

I just wanted to let the rams fans know that we did get a little WELL DESERVED recognition for playing an unbelievable game and for the first time, actually coming back and winning the game (not coming back to lose by 1 score like we've been doing).

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post

I'm with you on this one. All I keep hearing about is how the Redskins LOST the game. How about the Rams WON the game? That wasn't a game winning field goal and we didn't go on to score more points. We won the game. We took their best shot and came back from 15 down and WON The game.
    cfin5256 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

But.....he can run real fast and wears cool socks. We must talk about him as the star of the game win or lose!

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ImSorryMr.Jackson39 View Post
    See Jim Rome may be praising us, but from other ESPN personalities all I have heard was how it was an embarrassment that RG3 lost to us. "The Rams offense did not score that many points all last season, so it goes to show you how poor the redskins defense played."

I remember hearing that and pretty much almost punched through my TV.

I am pretty sure this video explains exactly how I feel.
    Rodney Dangerfield - No Respect - YouTube
    LOL, that's why I can't watch too much of that stuff.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

What most of you lack the understanding in, is the NFL markets to the fan. When a team wins more they get marketed. Over the past 5 years this team has been THE worst team in the NFL. No Monday or Sunday Night games should tell you that. The need to start putting together strings of wins, like 3 or 4 in a row, followed by a loss, then 2 or 3 in a row. If we are 6-3 by the bi-week, the hype machine will begin. Also remember the final weeks are on a flex plan, so If the Rams play good our team will get the marketing attention they deserve. At best right now we're a 500 team. The Redskins came into that game as a winning team, Rams as a losing team. Give it time, IF they can win on the road in Chicago, they'll talk about us, Trust me.

Never let your mountains be too high or your valley's too low. Take it all with a grain of salt.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Channles need to talk about what till make them $$$$$$$$$$$ and ratings. I never understand why people complain about this kind of stuff? Why the eff would they talk about the Rams when they can talk about the Patriots, Tebow, RG3 and Luck, and the Eagles? Forget about it guys. Until we go 14-2, we won't be getting much TV time at all.

THE DREAM TEAM

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    What most of you lack the understanding in, is the NFL markets to the fan. When a team wins more they get marketed. Over the past 5 years this team has been THE worst team in the NFL. No Monday or Sunday Night games should tell you that. The need to start putting together strings of wins, like 3 or 4 in a row, followed by a loss, then 2 or 3 in a row. If we are 6-3 by the bi-week, the hype machine will begin. Also remember the final weeks are on a flex plan, so If the Rams play good our team will get the marketing attention they deserve. At best right now we're a 500 team. The Redskins came into that game as a winning team, Rams as a losing team. Give it time, IF they can win on the road in Chicago, they'll talk about us, Trust me.

Never let your mountains be too high or your valley's too low. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    You make some very valid points. The only problem with the Chicago game is that if we win, it's likely the media will point to Cutler's poor play, or how he's lost the team. It's going to take some time (and wins) before we really start getting the positive vibes.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Unfortunately think of the Whiners.... I hate bringing them up but last year they were dominant and it was rare that you would hear them mentioned until then end of the season. Now this year they are looked at as title contenders. Just goes to show you that people wont care until we make the playoffs.