general counsel is offline Registered User

Rams "on-field" participation

How are crazy fans like us ever going to get a chance to ACTIVELY participate in a rams game? There are three ways that i can think of, let me know which you think is the coolest (ie which job would you want if you had your first choice)

1) The guys who stand on the sidelines holding the down markers. They get to run on the field at critical times. These are basically volunteer or very very low paid positions, but it does get you on the field during the game, albeit not during the action.

2) The guy who picks up the kicking tee after money kicks off. he has to run onto the field and grab the tee, which is actually a very cool job. I have been to many games in person, but i cant remember if this guy runs onto the field after the ball has been kicked and during the action. If he is running onto the field during the action, it would certainly be bizarre if he pulled a muscle and came up lame while the action was coming at him on a long return. He could potentially get run over and be scarred for life.

3) My personal choice- The guy that carries the flag out of the tunnel at the start of the game as the team runs out behind him. This guy gets to run around the stadium waiving the big rams flag every time we score a td which is great, but the pumping adrenelin of running out of the tunnel leading the team, especially for a home playoff game, is about the coolest thing i can realistically imagine.

4) Other. One of the random marketing participations, ie pregame coin flip (although a playoff game OT coin flip might be cool) or a halftime promotion. I hold these in low esteem, but everyone is certainly entitled to their own view.

Let me know what you guys and gals think, seems like a good topic for the slow time before free agency and the draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams "on-field" participation

I know you said "on-field," but what I think would be really cool would be to sit in the coach's box watching them analyze and call plays.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

5) I get a job as a janitor at the EJD. After early warmups are done and he heads back to the locker I knock Matt Turk unconscious and hide him in the broom closet. I then put on his uniform and run out onto the field with the team. Then hopefully the Rams go 4 and out on their first possesion so I get to attempt at least one punt before Matt is discovered and I am arrested.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

6.) A member of the chain gannnnnnng!

BigGameMN Guest

7.) Have a freak accident and become a super hero and join the team as the best player alive. Hey it could happen.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Get a job selling beers (or knock a vendor on the head and take his gear) then stand around, or even move around from time to time takin peoples money (vending) always taking the first swig after blowin off the foam. You could then get onto the RAMS sideline when security runs you down.
    "The horror"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    5) I get a job as a janitor at the EJD. After early warmups are done and he heads back to the locker I knock Matt Turk unconscious and hide him in the broom closet. I then put on his uniform and run out onto the field with the team. Then hopefully the Rams go 4 and out on their first possesion so I get to attempt at least one punt before Matt is discovered and I am arrested.
    Sounds like something Leslie Nielsen would do?

Nice beaver.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    ^ HEll yeah this wins hands down... or in cuffs I love this job idea. But on more realistic note, the guy who picks up the ball holder would be it.