throwback week

schut39 is offline Registered User

Rams Finally Reach Paydirt

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/24/2008

Where were you when it finally happened?

Yes, for the first time in Scott Linehan's tenure as head coach, the first-team offense scored a preseason touchdown. The Rams enjoyed it so much they did it again. That's right, two TDs by the starting unit Saturday against the Baltimore Ravens.

A strong performance by quarterback Marc Bulger, coupled with a combined eight catches for rookie wide receivers Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton, propelled the Rams to a 24-10 victory over Baltimore at the Edward Jones Dome. The point total was the highest for a Linehan team in the preseason since he took over as head coach in 2006.

And let's not forget the defense. Despite yielding its first touchdown of the preseason, the starting defense continued its stout play in August, highlighted by yet another red-zone stop in the first quarter.

schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Finally Reach Paydirt

Heres the full post. Sorry it wouldn't let me edit my first one there was an error or something.

*OK THEN nevermind you only get to read about the first half of the article. Enjoy anyways.*

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/24/2008

Yes, for the first time in Scott Linehan's tenure as head coach, the first-team offense scored a preseason touchdown. The Rams enjoyed it so much they did it again. That's right, two TDs by the starting unit Saturday against the Baltimore Ravens.

A strong performance by quarterback Marc Bulger, coupled with a combined eight catches for rookie wide receivers Donnie Avery and Keenan Burton, propelled the Rams to a 24-10 victory over Baltimore at the Edward Jones Dome. The point total was the highest for a Linehan team in the preseason since he took over as head coach in 2006.

And let's not forget the defense. Despite yielding its first touchdown of the preseason, the starting defense continued its stout play in August, highlighted by yet another red-zone stop in the first quarter.

YodaRam Guest

Re: Rams Finally Reach Paydirt

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    Heres the full post. Sorry it wouldn't let me edit my first one there was an error or something.

*OK THEN nevermind you only get to read about the first half of the article. Enjoy anyways.*

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/24/2008

Oh well. Since i didn't pay anything for it, that's twice as much as i deserve!

RAM ON!