Results 1 to 2 of 2
Rams Finish Preseason Practices ..
Posted >Tue, August 31, 2010 01:00
by Nick Wagoner
- The Rams just finished their final practice of the preseason and preparation for Thursday night's game against Baltimore at the Edward Jones Dome.
- The deadline was today to get down to 75 players and the Rams made their final roster move official in placing Phil Trautwein on the waived/injured list. Coach Steve Spagnuolo indicated that the move allows for some flexibility should the Rams want to bring Trautwein back later on.
- For those that don't remember, Trautwein has a MCL injury that is expected to keep him out for another five to seven weeks.
- On the injury front, receiver Keenan Burton has some knee swelling and was held out of practice.
- End George Selvie returned to work on a limited basis. So, too, did linebacker David Vobora.
- Spagnuolo said the starting unit would play "about" 15 snaps against the Ravens though he said that could change based on how things are going. He also said there would be some temptation to have rookie QB Sam Bradford go a bit longer than the rest of the 1's but that nothing was for certain yet.
- RB Steven Jackson and Spagnuolo were scheduled to discuss whether he would player after the practice. Most indications point to Jackson sitting this one out.
- While Ken Darby and Chris Ogbonnaya have both worked with the top offensive line, Keith Toston remains the only RB that hasn't. But Spagnuolo said Toston wouldn't likely get that chance against Baltimore. Still, he did indicate there'd be a heavy workload for Toston to plead his case one more time.
- The Rams have a walk through tomorrow with Thursday night's preseason game ready to wrap up the exhibition slate.
Re: Rams Finish Preseason Practices ..
Toston should definitely at least have some snaps with the first team. He's looked more impressive than Ogby.
By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 165Last Post: -11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 1Last Post: -09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 5Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALKReplies: 6Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM