Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    31

    Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams have fired longtime head athletic trainer Jim Anderson.

    Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Saturday that he would begin a search for a replacement. He said the move is not related to a rash of injuries during the team's 1-15 season.

    The Rams had 13 players on injured reserve and a handful of others who could have been on that list.

    Anderson was with the Rams for 26 seasons, making the move with the franchise from the West Coast in 1995. He was among personnel Spagnuolo inherited by last year when he began his first head coaching job.


  2. #2
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Of course its not related to the rash of injuries this past season.

    Its related to the rash of injuries for most of the latter half of the 2000s.

  3. #3
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Of course its not related to the rash of injuries this past season.

    Its related to the rash of injuries for most of the latter half of the 2000s.

    lol true that...exactly what i was thinking

  4. #4
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Kind of difficult for Spagnuolo to suggest firing the athletic trainer had nothing to do with last year's injuries and expect us to take the comment seriously. Why else would you fire the guy?

    Injuries are traced to one of several things: A poor pre-season conditioning program, players with a past history of injuries, an ineffective re-hab regimen and bad luck. I don't know exactly why the Rams seem to have been particularly hit hard the past couple of seasons, but it's obvious Jim Anderson is the fall guy- justified or not.

  5. #5
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    well his fault or not, him being the trainer certainly wasn't helping.

    but all in all, i think it was more the turf than the trainer...

  6. #6
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Kind of difficult for Spagnuolo to suggest firing the athletic trainer had nothing to do with last year's injuries and expect us to take the comment seriously. Why else would you fire the guy?
    You might be right but off the top of my head I can think of dozens of reasons to fire a guy besides job performance.

  7. #7
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    You might be right but off the top of my head I can think of dozens of reasons to fire a guy besides job performance.
    What reasons might those be?

  8. #8
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    What reasons might those be?

    Understand these have nothing to do with the trainer situation in St. Louis.

    I am merely talking hypothetically about reasons to fire someone even if they are doing their job...

    1) Embezzlement
    2) Porn on the work computer
    3) Getting caught driving drunk
    4) Sexual Harassment
    5) Insubordination
    6) Striking another employee
    7) Threatening another employee
    8) Falsifying paper work
    9) Getting caught pissing in the Coffee Pot
    10) Constantly suggesting we draft Tebow.

    etc.... etc....

  9. #9
    TheRammer Guest

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Understand these have nothing to do with the trainer situation in St. Louis.

    I am merely talking hypothetically about reasons to fire someone even if they are doing their job...

    1) Embezzlement
    2) Porn on the work computer
    3) Getting caught driving drunk
    4) Sexual Harassment
    5) Insubordination
    6) Striking another employee
    7) Threatening another employee
    8) Falsifying paper work
    9) Getting caught pissing in the Coffee Pot
    10) Constantly suggesting we draft Tebow.

    etc.... etc....
    LOL @ 9 and 10
    I got fired from my last job for number 9 ......

  10. #10
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Rams fire head athletic trainer Anderson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Understand these have nothing to do with the trainer situation in St. Louis.

    I am merely talking hypothetically about reasons to fire someone even if they are doing their job...

    1) Embezzlement
    2) Porn on the work computer
    3) Getting caught driving drunk
    4) Sexual Harassment
    5) Insubordination
    6) Striking another employee
    7) Threatening another employee
    8) Falsifying paper work
    9) Getting caught pissing in the Coffee Pot
    10) Constantly suggesting we draft Tebow.

    etc.... etc....
    LMFAO! Maybe he got fired for suggesting Tebow..

Similar Threads

  1. Some of our Rams Historical Moments
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
  2. Thomas Live 12-30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-31-2008, 08:07 AM
  3. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
  4. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  5. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •