evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams Football Cards - Your First & Your Favorite(s)

Not sure how many people still collect football cards, but there have got to be some long-time Rams fans here with some real gems. I don't have a ton but am more interested in hearing what's out there among the ClanRammers.

What was your first card? Which one do you cherish the most out of all of them?

My first card was a Todd Lyght rookie back when the Rams were still in L.A. I remember it clearly because when I found out the Rams had moved to St. Louis I crossed off the "L.A." on the card and wrote "St. Louis" in its place. I'm sure it's not worth any dough but I still smack myself for desecrating my very first Rams card. I was young and just didn't know any better. :x

My favorite cards are some that I found in an old box of my friend's - my Tecmo Super Bowl Rams. Players from that NES game that I have cards of include Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson, Aaron Cox, Gaston Green, Curt Warner (actually a Seahawks card), Pete Holohan, Bern Brostek, Tom Newberry, Kevin Greene, Frank Stams, Jerry Gray, Vince Newsome, and Mike Lansford. I'm an obsessive Tecmo player so it was fun to find these classics.

Unfortunately for me, that "friend" had Orlando Pace and Marshall Faulk rookie cards but refused to give them up to me. :\

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -03-31-2007 at 02:57 PM.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Football Cards - Your First & Your Favorite(s)

I bought this pack and it had Aneas Williams, Marshall Faulk, and Issac Bruce rookie cards. Yeah, thats 1 pack!!! It was $4.99.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

As a kid I had two, one of Nolan Cromwell, and one of Roman Gabriel. I was too young to realize the value.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Hey, finally a thread about cards! Actually the Rams are the only team that I collect and I'm starting to build qite the impressive little collection. I won't go over board with the details, but I have at "least" 4 rookie cards of every major Rams player. that would include, Faulk, Warner, Bruce, Holt, Jackson you name them I probably have him. I also have a lot of autograph cards, game worn jersey cards and even the super rare, coke-a-cola monsters of the grid iron Marshall Faulk. (TIP TO OTHER COLLECTORS, get all the singed Steven Jackson cards you can now, because when the season starts they will be pushing the hundreds. A few are already in the thousands.)

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i have quite a few Rams cards,i like the older cards from the 50's and 60's,i only collect rams and i have started to buy them already graded, i would like to hear everyones opinion on graded cards,the reason i do that is because you can get screwed by people who claim the cards are "near mint-mint and they look like they just pulled them out of the spokes of there bike.you can get good deals on graded cards if you are patient.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I have quite a few cards from the 70's, 80's and some from the mid 90's. I purchased a few packs of Rams player cards on e-bay a few months back that had a Holt rookie card. My favorite is probably the 79' Jack Youngblood All Pro card.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner- 2001. Non-cards: Inaugural Yearbook and media guide (1995)

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jjigga3000 View Post
    As a kid I had two, one of Nolan Cromwell, and one of Roman Gabriel. I was too young to realize the value.
    Same here JJ. Not because I had the same players but because I too was too young to imagine that decades later I would be responding to Evil Disco Man's post in the grand ClanRam concerning those football cards!

The first football cards that fell in my hands and before my kid eyes ... that had to be between 1960 and 1961, possibly 1959. I remember seeing some Rams players but was not yet enamoured with the team (such an epiphany came in 1965).

I unfortunately do not remember which Rams players those were and, worse yet, I did not keep those early treasures. My main interest was probably the bubble gum -- that smell, what a reminiscence.

From 1965 on, however, I began a modest collection of Rams cards. Among the very first that I recall: DE Deacon Jones, 1965.
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-01-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Time table

Black Hills Ramman is offline Registered User

Great Thread as I'm an avid collector and abashadly admit that I have well over one million FB and Bsbl cards. I first bought 1968 cards and had all that year's Rams. I agree about Steven Jackson cards and have 4 auto rookies.
    My favorite card of the Rams I own is an E. Dickerson rookie card in an unopened rak pak with him on top in the middle panel. Beautiful, but what makes it even sweeter is that he is also on the back top panel, so you can read front and back of the card without opening the rak pak!!! I also own 2 Crazy Legs Hirsch auto cards that are pretty awesome as well. (Better shut up now)
    BLACK HILLS RAMMAN

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hills Ramman View Post
    Great Thread as I'm an avid collector and abashadly admit that I have well over one million FB and Bsbl cards. I first bought 1968 cards and had all that year's Rams. I agree about Steven Jackson cards and have 4 auto rookies.
    My favorite card of the Rams I own is an E. Dickerson rookie card in an unopened rak pak with him on top in the middle panel. Beautiful, but what makes it even sweeter is that he is also on the back top panel, so you can read front and back of the card without opening the rak pak!!! I also own 2 Crazy Legs Hirsch auto cards that are pretty awesome as well. (Better shut up now)
    So you said you live in St Louis Right.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am on a mission to collect every rams card made prior to 1990. I actually have every single regular issued card (topps, bowman, fleer) and am only missing certain team issued and regional sets.

Among the greatest rams cards ever made (not necessarily the most expensive, but the best)

1) 2000 topps finest moments autographed refractor showing mike jones making the tackle
    2) 2000 collectors edge sb 34 scoreboard card showing rams 23 titans 16
    3) 2000 upper deck 22kt gold rams superbowl champion card
    4) kurt warner 2000 topps finest moments autographed refractor showing warner holding aloft the lombardi trophy
    5) 1992 pro set la rams spirit of the game
    6) 1967 philadelphia gum rams team logo

The greatest group of rams cards comes from the 2000 finest moments autographed refractor sets, which in addition to the aforementioned warner and mike jones cards, has the nicest rams faulk card, a terrific holt, a great issaac bruce and a very nice kevin carter.

In terms of the older stuff, the 1952 bowman large set is truly spectacular and the team issued sets from 53-57 are pretty amazing stuff.

ramming speed to all

general counsel