Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rams Free Agency Albert Haynesworth Signing Being Discussed

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Free Agency Albert Haynesworth Signing Being Discussed

It's guys like this that make me insane...

All the talent and physical attributes to be great but they also have no heart, no drive, and/or are just plain lazy. Such a shame that he can't fgure it all out.

I say NO. He's been given way too many chances and blown them all. What's the saying? "You can't change a leopards spots"? So many have tried to motivate this clown, and none have succeeded. Because if you can't motivate yourself, you can't be motivated. Most of us in life don't get the chances he's gotten, so let him go out and find a real job and see how he does.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    If anybody can revive Haynesworth's career, it's probably Fisher...
    Right...because that LOSER Bill Belichick couldnt do it.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Are you guys really serious?

Last year Haynsworth performed better in a 4-3 than either of our starters at DT...for bellichek he still played out of position in a 3-4...Lets compare the 7 games (Albert with Tampa) to the last 7 games for Bannan and Robbins:

Bannan: 19 TCKls 15 SOLO 0 Sacks 0 pass defended 0 blocked kicks
    Robbins: 15 TCKls 10 SOLO 0 Sacks 0 pass defended 0 blocked kicks

Albert: 20 TCKls 18 SOLO 0 Sacks 2 pass defended 1 blocked kick

Haynsworth was solid for the Bucs; he was not worth the 7.2 mill but he showed some good flashes that he still has it...He was also way better at stopping the run than our guys were...

With his performance at the end of last years shows he still has something in him and he deserves to play...i agree with him having chances Tampa bay was his last chance he with his performance he shows he deserves another chance...He is not our solution; be he is worth a try.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

True Barron, but the point we are as a team. There always comes a time when its a better decision to walk away from signing players like him, and that time is now. Especially since he is not getting any younger

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Pass...someone pays you big money to do a job, its expected you EARN it. Haynesworth doesn't seem to be interested in earning his money; a bad attitude leads to a bad influence on a team. The Rams have lots of needs--a bad distraction isn't one of them.
    Assuming its possible to rehab Haynesworth, how much of a return can the Rams expect? How much time and development could be better spent on a player who wants to play football. Let Haynesworth try his hand with the Raiders--they seem to like problem cases. If he can prove himself there, he would be doing himself a favor--for his own career, and a potentual asset to an organization; right now he just represents more liablity then an asset

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    True Barron, but the point we are as a team. There always comes a time when its a better decision to walk away from signing players like him, and that time is now. Especially since he is not getting any younger
    We are doing this four pillar thing again... no albert is not a four pillar player but those four pillars lead to minimum wins... No player is getting any younger and considering our DTs were Robbins and Bannan we are getting younger at that position if we get rid of them and get Albert for less money than both

this is a low risk boom or bust signing and should be considered if we go throughout FA and the draft without getting 2 clear cut starters

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    The last time Fisher and Haynesworth worked together, Fat Albert was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year. So yeah, I'd give him better odds of succeeding with Fisher than with Belichick. I think it would be a gross oversimplification to suggest that a player would automatically do better playing for a coach who has won a lot of games just because that coach has won a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    We are doing this four pillar thing again... no albert is not a four pillar player but those four pillars lead to minimum wins... No player is getting any younger and considering our DTs were Robbins and Bannan we are getting younger at that position if we get rid of them and get Albert for less money than both

this is a low risk boom or bust signing and should be considered if we go throughout FA and the draft without getting 2 clear cut starters
    I'm no where close to back to 4 pillars. I am advocate of signing Vincent Jackson and Cortland finnegan and anyone that can make our team better. However, Haynesworth wont VASTLY improve our team. He is old and he doesn't play good anymore period. I would rather get Jason Jones in FA and draft another. I really could care less about a guys personal life (unless it is very bad) when it comes to being on our football team. However, Haynesworth skill wise is just not worth it.

I see what you mean by minimum contract though. That I don't really mind. I just don't want him to be our go to option this offseason at DT. If we sign him, then yes at minimum to add depth and maybe he starts playing up to his par. Thats fine with me, I just think at STARTING DT we need to make better moves at

edit: ignore a few grammar errors, too lazy and few beers in feeling good to change them haha
    Last edited by QUINNtessentialTruth; -02-25-2012 at 08:33 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll take Fat Albert. Sign him to a vet minimum contract and go on from there. Even when he plays effortlessly he's better than all of our DT's except Justin Bannan. Its a low risk high reward signing. Great depth at absolute worst. If we're lucky and he smartens up, than we get a pro bowler who was absolutely dominant. I'd love a pairing of Fat Albert and Jason Jones. Let them reunite!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I've always hated this guy. I'm all for bringing in any and all types of talent, but that's the problem with Albert. Its like all his talent was sucked out of him when he signed that mega-deal with Washington, and his talent was always his only redeeming quality. Sure he was great at one time, and he might even be great again. And Kurt Warner might come out of retirement to lead us to another Super Bowl. Albert's had like 36 tackles in the past two seasons. We can't find anyone younger, cheaper, and with more potential who can do that?

I'd rather give Moss a chance than Albert. At least Moss sounds like he's motivated to prove people wrong.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For what its worth, the Patriots run a 3-4 base, which Haynesworth clearly does not like. So, while I'm not going to say that Fisher is a better motivator than Belichick, I do think he has the advantage of running a system that Haynesworth likes better.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I'm no where close to back to 4 pillars. I am advocate of signing Vincent Jackson and Cortland finnegan and anyone that can make our team better. However, Haynesworth wont VASTLY improve our team. He is old and he doesn't play good anymore period. I would rather get Jason Jones in FA and draft another. I really could care less about a guys personal life (unless it is very bad) when it comes to being on our football team. However, Haynesworth skill wise is just not worth it.

I see what you mean by minimum contract though. That I don't really mind. I just don't want him to be our go to option this offseason at DT. If we sign him, then yes at minimum to add depth and maybe he starts playing up to his par. Thats fine with me, I just think at STARTING DT we need to make better moves at

edit: ignore a few grammar errors, too lazy and few beers in feeling good to change them haha
    Well we have a new regime so everyone has to earn their starting spot so Albert has to earn it...But i like the combo of Jason Jones and Albert Haynsworth...put Albert next to Long so Lineman have to decide on who to double cover on run blocking plays

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well we have a new regime so everyone has to earn their starting spot so Albert has to earn it...But i like the combo of Jason Jones and Albert Haynsworth...put Albert next to Long so Lineman have to decide on who to double cover on run blocking plays
    I see where you are coming from. And you know what Ill jump on the bandwagon. Minimum of the salaries and the smallest glimpse of him not trying or playing with 100% effort and he is out.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

.....Ummm Correction it should of been " Right... because that CHEATER Bill Belichick couldn't do it."
    KoaKoi likes this.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You just knew this was a conversation that was going to happen at some point.

For my part, I don't see a huge risk signing him for the vet minimum and I have confidence that if he continues to screw up, he'll be out of here before he sees the seasons opener.

And that's his career done because if Fisher, the man who he had the most success with can't get it done, then I'm afraid there's no-one else in the league who'll take him.

He's drinking in the last chance saloon and the guy behind the bar looks a lot like Jeff Fisher.
    VegasRam likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast