View Poll Results: Which potential free agent starter will help the defense the most this year?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fakhir Brown

0 0%
  • Will Witherspoon

23 67.65%
  • La’Roi Glover

7 20.59%
  • Corey Chavous

4 11.76%
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Which Rams Free Agent Signing will help the most this year?

The Rams wanted to bring in some high character players on the defensive side of the ball with leadership ability. They brought in what IMO is four quality defensive players. All of which have the potential to be starters on our defense.

Which signing do you think will help the defensive make over the most this year?
    1. Fakhir Brown
    2. Will Witherspoon
    3. La’Roi Glover
    4. Corey Chavous

The signing I think will help the most this year is Glover I think he provides a good inside pass rush that we have not had in some time. That should help the rest of the guys on the defensive line. Little and Hargrove should benefit from his presence on the inside. I also like his quite leadership that he provides to that unit. Little could use some one as stable as Glover with all the turmoil he has been through. Kennedy can learn from Glover what it takes to be a true professional. IMO Glover is not replacing Pickett they play different positions Kennedy is replacing Pickett. IMO you can’t go wrong by picking any of the four but my pick would go to Glover for this year. Witherspoon would probably be my long-term pick but for this season its Glover.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -07-15-2006 at 03:37 PM.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Which Rams Free Agent Signing will help the most this year?

I chose Glover. STLRAMSFAN said everything i wanted to say. Next would be Chavous that brings alot experience like glover and Chavous is one of the smartest Safetys in the NFL. Then Witherspoon who could dominate at MLB. and then Brown who will challenge a starting CB job.
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-15-2006 at 04:15 PM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Spoon will bring a force to mlb we have not seen for a long time.
    :ramlogo:

denverram is offline Registered User

I think it will be Corey. I am really excited about the idea of a true professional coming to the Rams. He reminds me of Aeneas when he came.( although Williams was a better player) We need someone who can show the DB's how to study game film. How to learn the tendencies of the opoosing QB's and Rec.

The problem I have with the Rams is last year they seemed unprepared for the opponent. Lets face the "We don't worry about the opponenent we just play our game and make them adjust to us." was not working anymore. They adjusted and now we need some people to teach our guys how to do that. Corey will be huge in that area.

DenverRam:ramlogo:

Daspeerman is offline Registered User

I agree .... I went with Chavous too, I believe that the DB's were our achillies heel , without Aneas last year .... we really need a smart player to take charge out there, that will lead by example.
    DASPEERMAN!!!!!!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave intending on arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

RealRam is offline Registered User

Probably DT La'Roi Glover, consolidating our DL with both veteran leadership and performance.

general counsel is offline Registered User

For the money we paid, we better all hope that the answer is witherspoon. If he doesnt have a standout season, that will not bode well for our improvement in stopping the run, which is another way of saying we will be terrible on defense again.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

That was Marmie's fault.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

In my very humble opinion, we obtained three quality defensive players. If F. Brown starts it should be from a rash of injuries.

Living in New Orleans, I am pretty certain he stunk up the joint and played more than he should have because of injuries and depth issues on the 'aints. Remember what Favre did to him and his mates last year.

I see him as insurance and that he is familiar with Haslett's system. He may be a great teacher and maybe he improved later in the season but I think he was toasted a lot too!

Those other three guys are studs and I agree with GC, 'Spoon will be the anchor of our team and his play will define our success or lack of it!

:ramlogo:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!