Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Rams Front Office aimless

When I heard the Rams were interviewing Scott Linehan, OFF COORD from Miami, I knew they didn't have a plan.

Dallas DC, Chicago DC, Wash DC - The Rams have admitted interest in interviewing all these guys. Linehan, and so many candidiates in general, shows me there is (SURPRISE) more than one train of thought in the Ram's Braintrust.

Either you're going for an offensive or Defensive minded coach. Who in the h3ll do you bring in as DEF COORD if you pick Linehan?

REMEMBER, it would have to be a promotion so NO existing DEF COORD is going to come here without a promotion (If we stay in reality).

I'm getting prepared for the Rams FO to let me down, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if they make the right move.

. IF we are going to go OFFENSIVE,, Gary Kubiak, DENVER OC is the best candidate. He's been successful for a L O N G time.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -01-05-2006 at 11:55 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Rams Front Office aimless

There's no way I could ever defend this guy, but it could be just a smokescreen.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Their just going through the Motions trying to seem Proactive.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe the one train of thought is to be thorough and to find the best person for the job.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Maybe the one train of thought is to be thorough and to find the best person for the job.
    Now there's an idea. LOL

No reason to limit ourselves by saying we will only interview defensive coaches.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

"No reason to limit ourselves by saying we will only interview defensive coaches"

Unless you have a plan and a direction for your team. There's a helluva philosophical difference between a Defensive Head Coach and a Scott Linehan that's never touched a defense.

Our DC is out (are you guys proposing we keep Marmie now). So if you go OFFENSIVE - some things come with that.
    We'll have to take either a College DEF COORD or a Defensive positional coach that's never been a DEF COORD and promote him (basicially rolling the dice on DEF).

A Defensive or Offensive Coach is a basic approach that should be settled.. It's very similar to the distinct GM & Head Coach or Combined Head Coach/GM approach.

Shaw and Zygmunt = Aimless and Andy

Mob Rules
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -01-06-2006 at 04:55 AM.

So hypothetically we don't hire the best candidate because he's an offensive coach, and we hire the lesser guy because hes a defensive coach? That's a recipe for disaster. Keep all options open.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Not necessarily, but if our personnel and structure (Marmie's got to go) lend themselves to a DEF oriented coach... get a good DEF oriented coach. Many believe that you can turn a ball club around faster by concentrating on the DEF.

IF the Rams can get a good Def COORD (big IF) .. Then I have NO problem with an OFF Coach. In fact, there's an OFF coach I like a lot.. (Kubiak)... But with our DEF woes, can we afford to roll the dice on someone that's never been a NFL DEF COORD?

The bottom line: I suspect these guys in the FO aren't as prepared as they should be.
    That's the fuel behind the post.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -01-06-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Ok so let's interview them all and see who rises to the top.

I'm not saying the front office knows what it's doing, we know they screwed it up this year, and we won't know how good a job or how bad they did until next year. So interview everyone and see how it goes, no reason to limit ourselves to just D guys.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

TS, are you ever happy?

tanus is offline Registered User

all i can do is laugh at this post. lets limit our options to only defensive minded coaches. what a joke.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

I'm confused by this post as well. If the point is we can't hire an OC like Linehan because then we won't get a good DC, why wouldn't that logic apply to Kubiak as well?

Instead of just going with the hype of Kubiak, take a look at Linehan's resume first. He did a pretty decent job with Culpepper in 2004 (4,700 yards, 39 TDs anyone?). I'd rather see Linehan bring a Vikings type of offense to the Rams over Kubiak bringing that wuss coast crap. I didn't see much of Miami so I don't know what sort of offense he was running, but they were pretty good at the end of the season and he got 3,000 yards out of Gus Frerotte, for crying out loud. Imagine what he could do with Bulger. Or for the dreamers out there, maybe he would bring Culpepper..!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    Or for the dreamers out there, maybe he would bring Culpepper..!
    Good God, please no.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

They did say they have 3 or 4 guys on the short list, but would interview many, because in the past when the 3 or 4 guys were no longer available, they were assed out, and lucked into getting Vermiel.

So they'll inteview everyone and their mother...rightfully so.

My interview is next week. I'm thinking of going to a 3-4 and trading up for Reggie Bush. (3 1st round picks and Steven Jackson).

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    I'm confused by this post as well. If the point is we can't hire an OC like Linehan because then we won't get a good DC, why wouldn't that logic apply to Kubiak as well?
    The KUBIAK POST's ALL SAID IF We go offense. I think Kubiak is much better than the other candidiates.

You think Culpepper is better than Bulger? Culpepper had a good OL every year until this year. And don't forget to add in all Culpepper's fumbles into his turnovers.

I'll take Bulger 7 days a week over Culpepper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast