r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams-***** Game Likely To Be Televised Here

Rams-***** game likely to be televised here

BY JIM THOMAS
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What was the bigger long shot entering the 2010 season? The Rams being in playoff contention in Game 15 of the regular season? Or all eight home games being televised locally?

It looks as if both unlikely developments will converge Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome. The winner of Sunday's home finale against San Francisco will take a huge step toward the NFC West championship. And it looks like the noon contest will meet NFL sellout requirements and thus be on local TV.

"We're getting close," said Kevin Demoff, the Rams' executive vice president of football operations. "We have some feelers out for corporate support should we need it. We've sold a lot of tickets in the past few weeks leading up to this game, so we're pleased with that. I'm very optimistic that we'll get it on television."

As of Tuesday afternoon, Demoff said more than 1,000 tickets remained.

"It's important to try to figure out a way to get this game on," Demoff said. "Not only because it would mean we'd go without a blackout this year. But also, given the importance of this game to the playoff race, I think it's important that our fans get a chance to see it on television."

Fan appreciation day

The Rams will hold their second annual Fan Appreciation Day at Sunday's Rams-***** contest. Demoff said hot dogs, soda and all merchandise — jerseys included — will be half price.

"There will be contests and prizes throughout the game," he said. "We'll give away jerseys to loyal fans. It should be a great game-day atmosphere at the Edward Jones Dome. Not only is it Fan Appreciation Day, it's obviously a very important game to finish off the regular season at home."

Chiefs fans

Demoff said the spike in San Francisco ticket sales in recent weeks shows that fans are interested in attending games. And unlike the Kansas City game, these sales are to Rams fans, Demoff said.

Although there's no way to track an exact number, Demoff estimated there were 6,000 to 7,000 Chiefs fans in the stands for Kansas City's 27-13 victory. Other observers thought it looked like several thousand more than that.

"I thought our fans were passionate and loud on Sunday," Demoff said. "They have been. You always want to see 66,000 Rams fans in the building. That's organizational utopia, but it doesn't always work out that way."

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Rams-***** Game Likely To Be Televised Here

don't matter i got the ticket
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Freakin sweet I am glad I got tickets to this game. I didn't know it was fan appreciation day.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Rams-***** game likely to be televised here

BY JIM THOMAS
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What was the bigger long shot entering the 2010 season? The Rams being in playoff contention in Game 15 of the regular season? Or all eight home games being televised locally?

It looks as if both unlikely developments will converge Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome. The winner of Sunday's home finale against San Francisco will take a huge step toward the NFC West championship. And it looks like the noon contest will meet NFL sellout requirements and thus be on local TV.

"We're getting close," said Kevin Demoff, the Rams' executive vice president of football operations. "We have some feelers out for corporate support should we need it. We've sold a lot of tickets in the past few weeks leading up to this game, so we're pleased with that. I'm very optimistic that we'll get it on television."

As of Tuesday afternoon, Demoff said more than 1,000 tickets remained.

"It's important to try to figure out a way to get this game on," Demoff said. "Not only because it would mean we'd go without a blackout this year. But also, given the importance of this game to the playoff race, I think it's important that our fans get a chance to see it on television."

Fan appreciation day

The Rams will hold their second annual Fan Appreciation Day at Sunday's Rams-***** contest. Demoff said hot dogs, soda and all merchandise — jerseys included — will be half price.

"There will be contests and prizes throughout the game," he said. "We'll give away jerseys to loyal fans. It should be a great game-day atmosphere at the Edward Jones Dome. Not only is it Fan Appreciation Day, it's obviously a very important game to finish off the regular season at home."

Chiefs fans

Demoff said the spike in San Francisco ticket sales in recent weeks shows that fans are interested in attending games. And unlike the Kansas City game, these sales are to Rams fans, Demoff said.

Although there's no way to track an exact number, Demoff estimated there were 6,000 to 7,000 Chiefs fans in the stands for Kansas City's 27-13 victory. Other observers thought it looked like several thousand more than that.

"I thought our fans were passionate and loud on Sunday," Demoff said. "They have been. You always want to see 66,000 Rams fans in the building. That's organizational utopia, but it doesn't always work out that way."
    They better skip most of the seats below the second set of railings. While I know there are some loyal fans in the lowest section, most of your REALLY loyal fans are much higher. Let's hope they start giving our Jerseys at the top, and then see what's left as they get towards the bottom.

gap