RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams game sold out, will be televised

BY BILL COATS
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    08/16/2006

There will be no Ashley Judd movie shown in place of a scheduled Rams telecast this week on KTVI, Channel 2.

Saturday night’s preseason game against the Houston Texans at the Edward Jones Dome is a sellout, meaning that the contest can be shown locally.

That was made possible Wednesday when Edward Jones and the Rams donated the 2,000 remaining tickets to AmerenUE linemen and other employees who helped restore power to more than 700,000 customers after last month’s storms.

"The worst of times often bring out the best in us," said James D. Weddle, managing partner of Edward Jones. "But the biggest heroes were the Ameren employees who were on the job around the clock helping to reconnect residences and businesses."

After participating in a brief ceremony Wednesday at Rams Park, coach Scott Linehan called the ticket giveaway "a small gesture for a lot of hard hours worked."

"We take it all for granted, and then all of a sudden we’ve got our power out and we’re trying to figure out what we’re going to do," Linehan said. "These guys are going out, live wires everywhere, working double shifts, and really risking their lives to get us back to our conveniences."

The Rams’ preseason opener Aug. 10 at the Dome was not shown here because about 5,000 tickets were unsold. NFL rules stipulate that non-sellouts be blacked out locally. In place of the game, "Someone Like You," starring Judd and Hugh Jackman, aired on Channel 2.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Rams game sold out, will be televised

Only 2000 tickets had to be donated, that's not bad at all. I'm betting more people show up to this game. The game being on a Saturday night helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

THEFIELDGOAL Guest

Hey Guys That's why we love our Rams. This team is all about teamwork and giving back to the community. If this was LA - enough said!!
    Great job to the workers for the diligent effort on 4th and inches to get the power restored to the millions of families and fans.
    That's why i love the Rams and St Louis community. Awesome!!!

jkramsfan Guest

i am sure the rams noticed all the bad press about the first pre season game and didnt want that to happen again,but having said that a very nice gesture on there part and well deserving by the power workers.enjoy the game.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL
    Hey Guys That's why we love our Rams. This team is all about teamwork and giving back to the community. If this was LA - enough said!!
    Great job to the workers for the diligent effort on 4th and inches to get the power restored to the millions of families and fans.
    That's why i love the Rams and St Louis community. Awesome!!!
    Be careful talking about someones home. Truth be told before Gergia took over the team and moved them to Anehiem, the Rams had a good repoire with the city of Los Angeles. And the reason why fans didn't go to games is because most of the fans lived in the Greater Los Angeles area. When they moved to Anehiem which is 45 mins to an hour outside of L.A. is when games stopped being sold out. When the Rams were at the Colosiem the games sold out. The Rams were the like the Lakers at that time. So don't give me if this was L.A. Know your facts before you mouth off. The people of LA were dissed by Georgia, and the Rams orginization, when she moved to Anehiem. She's always been about money and didn't pay he players well, hence Dickerson leaving. And I know the situation first hand cause he's a good friend of mine. When the lease is up with St Louis I hope she doesn't do the same to your city. In fact I hope they move the Rams back to LA where they belong.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I agree 100% jigga. Good post

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Jigga,
    You're right on the money bro. Don't talk cr*p about LA and the fans. DON'T BE A GEORGIA! When the Rams were in LA, BG (Before Georgia) they were the biggest ticket in LA, bigger than the Dodgers, and bigger than the Lakers. Then she knocked off her husband, turned the team into a mess, which drove away the fans and moved them away. And when the b*t*h had the chance to make some amends, she had the nerve to shoot her mouth off during the Superbowl XXXIV post-game presentation ceremonies that she was "right in moving her team to STL", instead of saying something like, "and this is for all the fans of the Rams back in LA". What a b*t*h... It almost totally ruined a great moment in Ram history. I still love my Rams, but that woman can go-to-h*ll. ...okay, I feel better now.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I am pretty tired of saying St. Louis Rams anyways. I think a city change is exactly what we need.

RamOfDenmark Guest

I feel for the L.A fans, it's crazy how a team just relocates like that. I really can't imagine that happening elsewhere, like if Manchester United relocated to London or if F.C Barcelona packed the bags and set up shop in Madrid instead, imagine that...Unthinkable.

And then now I just read about the so-called 'black-outs'. WTF? Never heard of that before, so basically if the game isn't sold out they don't air it on TV??? What an abominable practice!

Guys you're really getting the short end of the stick here, I would ask "why do you put up with all that crap?", but I guess it's just hard to change once they start doing it. I hope these practices don't spread outside the US. I suspect (and hope!) people over here would boycott the teams or leagues employing such practices, maybe you'd even see an angry mob marching to burn down the stadium!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark
    I feel for the L.A fans, it's crazy how a team just relocates like that. I really can't imagine that happening elsewhere, like if Manchester United relocated to London or if F.C Barcelona packed the bags and set up shop in Madrid instead, imagine that...Unthinkable.
    It just wouldnt happen! Barcelona is Catalan, and they see themselves as a completely different country to Spain basically, so if FC Barcelona moved to Madrid there would actually be a war.

And we dont want Manchester United anywhere near London, but it would be funny for them to move and be the fourth best team in the area...

RamsFan87 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO
    I am pretty tired of saying St. Louis Rams anyways. I think a city change is exactly what we need.
    then why don't you say seattle seahawks, Or arizona cardianls? Besides I like the name.