richtree is offline Registered User

Rams games come down to personnel - out matched most weeks

Other than when we play the Seahawks or Cardinals our team is out matched with personnel.
    Couple that with injuries, and we are at the bottom 25% of the league in most.

There are 32 teams in the NFL, so 16 would be average.

Personnel:

Quarterbacks -- Forget about fantasy football, you can quickly write down 15 guys better than Sam Bradford. IF you think he is higher, you are either a homer, or banking on potential.
    GRADE - C

Running Backs -- Our core even with SJax healthy is at best 12th but probably less. C+

Offensive Line -- Not bad, but still not up there with the best. We don't run block well, but overall better than your average line. B-

Tight Ends -- Looked to be a strength, but still average. C+

Wide Recievers -- Full of guys that are 2's and 3's -- and not much speed or play making ability after the catch. D

Defensive Line -- Looks to be a bright spot with the addition of Quinn. We don't rank with the leagues elite, but second tiers . B +

Linebackers -- JL and a bunch of fill in OLBs. JL is elite bringing our ourwise average core up to a B-.

CornerBacks -- Our depth is one of the worst. Our injuries probably make us 3 worst cores in the league. D-.

Safties -- Mikell is a good player, but the rest of our safties our below average.
    C+ only becuase how much Mikell helps.

On Defensive it seems to be a team that lost its upside due to injuries and the lack of developing players QUICKLY. Long has a couple sacks, and JL is a beast, but Justin King is our second leading tackler showing the amount of problems on defense.

We are 21st in the league in total yards.

The NFL draft is to put players on the field that impact your team. Torrey Smith had an impact all over the Rams, where Pettis and Salas did nothing.

If you think the Rams have good players, just ask yourself which Ram player could we trade to another team and get a 1st round pick back, a 2nd round pick back, even a 3rd ??? 4th?

Very few.....

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams games come down to personnel - out matched most weeks

I refuse to rank Sam Bradford until he is given the opportunity to play with a WR that actually has the ability to scare someone.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I refuse to rank Sam Bradford until he is given the opportunity to play with a WR that actually has the ability to scare someone.
    That's fine, but that should have been addressed in the off-season. The ***** got a one year deal with Braylon Edwards - (we could have had him for a hold-over) instead it looks like another year of dink and dunk.

We are lucky to end up with more than 4 wins this year

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

It's not always about the players. Other coaches seem to be able to read our plays as if they were calling it. I watch other games and see average receivers getting open a lot. But it seems as if the defense already knows our guys routes with the exception to Amendola. So don't just say our players are garbage, you have to work with what you got and our coaches aren't even given our receivers chances.

I hate to say it, I love Steven Jackson to death, but he's killing us. Having him on the roster is killing our receiving core. Let's be honest, how many teams with a superstar, ridiculously paid running back(and i mean superstar quality) are really a threat in the passing game?

Jacksonville-passing game is garbage.
    Vikings-passing game is garbage.
    Titans-Chris Johnson has proven he isn't an elite back. Stack the box and look at his numbers now.
    Raiders-passing game is garbage
    Chiefs-passing game is garbage
    Whiners-passing game is garbage

With the exception to houston because arian foster is a rookie who isn't ridiculously paid, teams who invest a lot in running backs and center around the running back just aren't making it anywhere.

I love Steven Jackson to death, but i'd rather have a 380 yard passing game from Bradford then a 150 rushing yard game from SJ.

Now he's injury prone and we probably couldn't get much for him, but it's time to free up some space, running backs come a dime a dozen, and spend the money to get ourselves an andre johnson or calvin johnson.

Look at the last Superbowl matchups and it's all about who's catching and throwing, not about who's running.

steelers-big ben, hines ward, mendenhall.
    Packers-rogers, jennings, driver
    saints-brees, colston, meechem
    colts-manning, clark, wayne
    giants-manning, burress, nicks
    patriots-brady, welker, moss

I'm not getting into defenses, cuz our defense is doing their part. With the exception of yesterday, our defense has been getting screwed due to our lack of offense. Even the Steelers or Jets defense need rest and our lackluster offense is doing that.

Point is, we don't need a new team, we need to stop focusing on our "bread and butter" and focus on getting receivers.

This isn't a league about having a 100 yard rusher each game. you need receivers.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Fortunately...for those who live in reality...he is ranked RIGHT NOW. His current ranking is 29th...behind guys who throw to 'feared' WRs like, Donovan McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson and Colt McCoy.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford is the only thing the Rams have going for them, and he's struggling mightily with learning this system. Sam Bradford will have us back in the hunt soon enough, but I doubt it will be Spags who is the coach.? A defense going into its third year in a system, with players all brought in from the coach, shouldnt be allowing this kind of performance. I really hope Spags can turn it round for us, after all the time, money and effort he has put into the Rams. After a performance like last night, which to be honest is a bit out of character for the defense. I feel Kroenke will have no choice, but to look elsewhere for a coach, if it rears its ugly head too much.?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I hope Spags can save this sinking ship too, but honestly he hasn't done anything since becoming HC to inspire my faith in him. No not even last year. We lost to we were supposed to lose to and we had to fight for every win with an extremely easy schedule. Unfortunately if Spags can't do it, it will mean a whole new coaching staff (except for maybe McD?), and like others have said, we're back at square one...