Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ramsfan1219 is offline Registered User

Rams Get No Respect...

OK, I can understand that they are 2-4. I can understand that a major story is the Cowboys playing crappy and losing control of their season, I GET IT. But why doesn't anyone, AND I MEAN ANYONE, give the Rams credit for woopin the Cowboys on Sunday. I know the Cowboys didn't have Tony Homo and a few other guys, but the Rams just destroyed Dallas. Also, by beating the Redskins on the road, thats pretty crazy considering that they were 13 pt underdogs. With both wins in consideration, everyone is talking about the Cowboys and not about how the Rams went from a team who would probably win 1 or 2 games all year, to a team who is beating the best teams in the NFC East (except the Giants). I can't believe they get no respect from anyone. I know 2 games can't make a season, but this is such a major improvement thats just gonna get better. I guess they have to win every game for the rest of the year and then maybe, just maybe, the ESPN guys will accually talk about them. Lets woop the Pats and get back at the team who ruined that terrible superbowl for us! The Cards are gonna lose vs the Panthers, then the showdown for a 1st place tie will be at The Ed in 2 weeks! Common St. Louis, lets show the NFL that we don't suck anymore!

Davetender1 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Get No Respect...

I completely agree on this, I am from the east coast (orginally from St Louis) and they cut the game because it was "non-competitive" and switched it to the Giants and ***** game. They did not switch to another game any of the times we got blown out earlier in the year, I just had to sit and watch in pain. I feel like they should let me see the rams put down a slaughter every now and then, or at least some ESPN time. Hopefully the Rams realize that they are not getting any recognition and they will put the beating on New England like the Cowboys, and not let this get to their head. Then we may get a 30 second chat on PTI.

Ramsfan1219 is offline Registered User

Just so you know, I live in Rochester NY. Lots of Bills fans, no Rams TV time at all. I feel the east coast brothers pain man. We do have Sunday Ticket, so I do watch every Rams game, but they dont talk anything when it comes to the Rams.

RealRam is offline Registered User

1219, you beat me to it!

I was just to post about how upset I get seeing all these articles, faces, interviews, and lowlights that focus on the Cowgirls being DEFEATED rather than on the RAMS having WON. ...When it's not a simple shot of Romo being an inactive player / spectator on the sidelines, it's T.O. doing his usual antics or, Wade, his HC still on ESPN today to say how terrible his team played ... or, Jerry Jones, making reporters happy for talking into their little recorders and mikes.

What rubbish. Interview, ask the Rams players about their victory, not the "glamorous Pokes" about their defeat!

For crying out lout, no respect for the RAMS! May we continue to WIN!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-20-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Text

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Actually,I am kind of glad that the talking heads are not making over the Rams.It may be a good thing for us to fly way under the radar for awhile.I would probably get more nervous if the media did start making over the Rams.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aries51 View Post
    Actually,I am kind of glad that the talking heads are not making over the Rams.It may be a good thing for us to fly way under the radar for awhile.I would probably get more nervous if the media did start making over the Rams.
    Good and interesting view, Aries.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Alright now, don't get all worked up by the Rams not getting respect. Respect has to be earned and a team with a 5-17 record has not won enough to let the football world know that they are talented and capable of winning games. Yes, we have won two games against good teams, but that is not enough to convince experts and fans of anything. They may be looking this way to see what happens next, but they are not going to declare us a valid team until we continue to prove ourselves.

This still could be a weird fluke that may not continue. Let's just be happy that we have a big win against "america's team".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Aries, I agree with you, let the rest of the league think these last 2 wins were flukes, the less teams take us seriously, the easier it is to win. I think Haslett has instilled some quiet confidence in this team and I don't think they need alot of attention from the media. They seem to me to have a very business like attitude right now and I for one think this team has a legit shot at the division. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking first draft pick but now, this team is starting to look for real in all parts of the game. The line is much improved from the 1st game, the defense is playing with emotion and even the special teams are giving the offense decent field position. I know that it's just 2 wins but from where this team came from to where they are now in such a short period of time is quite remarkable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Alright now, don't get all worked up by the Rams not getting respect. Respect has to be earned and a team with a 5-17 record has not won enough to let the football world know that they are talented and capable of winning games. Yes, we have won two games against good teams, but that is not enough to convince experts and fans of anything. They may be looking this way to see what happens next, but they are not going to declare us a valid team until we continue to prove ourselves.

This still could be a weird fluke that may not continue. Let's just be happy that we have a big win against "america's team".
    We are not a 5-17 team. By gones are by gones especially in the NFL. We were a 3-13 team last season. We are 2-4 this season. To take it a step further the coaches and players break the season down into quarters. The first quarter of this season we were 0-4. The second quarter we are 2-0.
    2-0 with a happy and invigorated team. There are more wins in the very near future, this is no fluke.

GO RAMS!

Rambos is online now Registered User

If the cowgirls would have been beating us 40-0 in the 3rd, does anyone here think they would have pulled the game? I don't.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    If the cowgirls would have been beating us 40-0 in the 3rd, does anyone here think they would have pulled the game? I don't.
    They would of rubbed our faces in it til we turned purple.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We are not a 5-17 team. By gones are by gones especially in the NFL. We were a 3-13 team last season. We are 2-4 this season. To take it a step further the coaches and players break the season down into quarters. The first quarter of this season we were 0-4. The second quarter we are 2-0.
    2-0 with a happy and invigorated team. There are more wins in the very near future, this is no fluke.

GO RAMS!
    I see you playing with numbers over there laram0. Ok, fine we have two wins and zero losses. We are a brand new team since the bye week. History has disappeared. We no longer need to think about anything in the past. It is meaningless.

That's it right. That's where we are..... undefeated
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -10-20-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling issues as usual
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The Dallas denial has origins back into the 70's:

"Nobody ever beats the Cowboys. They always do something to beat themselves. They never give anyone credit."
    John Brodie, former Whiners QB

Dallas fans never feel the Cowboys have lost a game. It's always the referees screwed 'em or the Good Lord looked the other way or something. Their fans don't know football, they just know something's wrong if the Cowboys aren't winning by two touchdowns."
    Tommy Brookshier, former CBS broadcaster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Beat the weak. whatever,beatm til they cry uncle I say.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Thats not what I'm seeing...where on everyones 1st place list for plays of the day...all the analyst can't stop talking about the Rams vs Cowboys game....we are .....just be patient
    Last edited by rams 24/7; -10-21-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast