MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams GM Rumor Lingers On ...

St. Louis
    Dec. 14, 2007

GM rumor heats up

With head coach Scott Linehan being given a firm vote of confidence from team president John Shaw, will somebody else be made the scapegoat and take the fall for the teamís very disappointing 3-10 record and counting? We hear that very question has been discussed more than a little by Rams Park regulars this week. While the name of offensive coordinator Greg Olson, who was replaced by Linehan as the teamís play-caller earlier this season, has been the name most mentioned as a potential fall guy, our sources are of the opinion that Linehanís staff remains a fairly good bet to stay intact. However, weíre hearing more and more that major changes in the front office are forthcoming, with a full-fledged GM type quite possibly entering the equation and taking complete command of personnel decisions. Former league executive Tom Donahoe, who served as an unpaid consultant to the Rams in training camp, continues to be mentioned as a possibility. For what itís worth, just over 75 percent of the respondents in a recent St. Louis Post-Dispatch fan poll were against Linehan being retained beyond this season.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...m?mode=nfcwest

View all WWHI for St. Louis

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams GM Rumor Lingers On ...

Can anyone give me a better example as to why Tom Donahoe would be a good GM? ......Other than the great example of him being an unpayed assistant? (Sarcasm, sarcasm...lots, lots.)

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

If they want unpaid help I am sure they can consult this message board...sorry bad joke.

Yes a good football knowledgeble GM is needed...maybe an ex-HC. BUT more so I think talent scouting is equally if not more important. The Rams got quality in terms of play-maturity-leadership in Holt/Bruce/Bulger/Jackson...haven't heard them arrested for beating up their wives, getting in shoot outs, carrying illegally firearms, etc. But these gentlemen entered the ranks a long time ago....some more resent additions have indeed been questionable.

We all point to injuries as factors that lead to this season's disaster, but drug suspentions and other off field exploits also played their part. Personally, I am not a fan of the league rules for personal conduct since I figure when your an adult its time to be or at least act like one, but personal issues can certainly harm a team

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

Personally, I am not a fan of the league rules for personal conduct since I figure when your an adult its time to be or at least act like one, but personal issues can certainly harm a team
    Hey again, Dragoon!

I agree with your sentiment. However I think the problem is at least partly that so many of these guys have got away with so much for so long they have no baseline set as to what is right or wrong, only their perceptions of it.:\
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

thanks Dodger

Problem still is in one word....JERRY JONES. YEs in the pass players, including some Rams, have run roughshod counting on there celebrity status to cover their immature conduct. Thank God the legue is taking some sort of stand, though I think in some respects its nit-picky. YET Here you have a ego in Dallas that doesn't care--just so long as they WIN...if Charles Manson could play football, am sure Jerry Jones would have hired him.

Fortunately there are some seriously classy individuals, who elevate the game and are model examples of what an owner should be (someone who enchances the game). What MR Jones fails to understand (and likely doesnt care) that $$$ can't buy him that kinda class and respect

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    thanks Dodger

Problem still is in one word....JERRY JONES. YEs in the pass players, including some Rams, have run roughshod counting on there celebrity status to cover their immature conduct. Thank God the legue is taking some sort of stand, though I think in some respects its nit-picky. YET Here you have a ego in Dallas that doesn't care--just so long as they WIN...if Charles Manson could play football, am sure Jerry Jones would have hired him.

Fortunately there are some seriously classy individuals, who elevate the game and are model examples of what an owner should be (someone who enchances the game). What MR Jones fails to understand (and likely doesnt care) that $$$ can't buy him that kinda class and respect

You might add Al Davis to that former list also?

It is sad the league has to play big brother but it became evident the players (or coaches) weren't up to policing themselves. and like just about any kid they will push the limits to the stretching point and then throw a tantrum when the line breaks and they are punished for their action(s).

I think Jerry Jones thinks his money buys him all the respect he needs and doesn't give a hoot what us peons think of him as long as he sells tickets.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!