Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The Rams are going to LOSE

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

The Rams are going to LOSE

I have heard alot of talk about how we have a very winnable game against our 'best shot" in the Arizona Cardinals. Well I have news for you guys. The way we have been playing lately and yesterday especially, we are SO NOT beating them! I TOLD YOU WE WERE GOING 0-16 THIS IS NO JOKE FOLKS ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. and i dont like to talk about my team like that but its the truth. DO you REALLY think we can beat anyone given how pathetic we are on offense and defense? COME ON MY FELLOW RAM FANS ITS GOING TO BE UGLY FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. and dont feel good about garbage wins near the end because they dont count in my book against teams who have "packed up their weapons" for the playoffs or whatever.

(For those who can remember. This post was started the year we were 0-8 and played the Detroit Lions. That guy posted this and Steven Jackson "Hulked up" and ran like a man escaping from the insane asylum and the Rams had their one and only win of the season, but it's like my good luck post).

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Rams are going to LOSE

Zees eez vat vee call zee reverse psychology.

Eet eez very effective.
    LA Rammer, molbio44 and citr92 like this.

MACD is offline Registered User

We're doomed I tell ya.

RealRam is offline Registered User

W I N ! Sorry to go against the grain here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Rams are going to LOSE-carnero5.jpg  
    live4ramin likes this.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

#Ramsaregonnalose

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

macrammer is offline Registered User

We can joke about it. We can make light of it. The fact of the matter is we have not been good......for so long....so, I for one, should be feel supremely confident about this game. We should come out and dominate this team. We should not have to worry about each and every play till the last second. But, I am ready to do just that. While this should be a decent test, we should win gong away. But, as a long tenured Ram fan, I never really feel that peace and solace. Maybe this is the year that puts those self doubts to rest. Maybe.....
    Varg6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrammer View Post
    ...As a long tenured Ram fan, I never really feel that peace and solace. Maybe this is the year that puts those self doubts to rest. Maybe.....
    Oh, I don't know about that Mac, i.e., a "never" concept as a Rams fan.

As far as I'm concerned, I've enjoyed some super fine periods of Rams WINNING consistently, times when I did not have that sense of fear and worry, at least not going into the first regular game of the season. Times when we were a fearsome force -- and not only on defense. There were some great teams: 1949-53; '55; '57; '66-71; '73-80; '83-86; '88-89; '99-01; '03. And sure, I've also suffered the torture and sadness of losing over and over during the between periods of defeat and despair.

Yes, we've had a severe nine year drought since the last winning season. I still feel it.

2013, however, right now I feel good and encouraged about the team. I really do:

* Coach Fisher currently has a healthy roster, good coaching staff;
    * The F.O. did a decent / good job with the draft, plus...
    * A maturing Sam Bradford is accompanied by...
    * A promising squad of receivers and possibly...
    * A young, decent set of running backs;
    * A good defense likely to improve;
    * Perhaps average on ST.

Potential + Hunger + Excitement = A T T A C K

We are not proven of course and it can all crash to pieces, all for naught. Also, judging by some things seen during the preaseason games, we need to fix certain areas (e.g., penalties, etc.) pronto.

But again, based on our roster and on indicators from last year, I feel a little more optimistic than the expectations from 2004-11. Almost wondering if this is the start of a "new era", a few years of winning records and positive, better accomplishments along the way as compared to the recent decade of dreadful doom and gloom.

No, I don't foresee that right now. Right now I'm saying the Rams are going to WIN!

Did I mention that I'm usually an optimist trying to balance reality - without superstition.

GO RAMS!

Last edited by RealRam; -09-01-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Text
    live4ramin and viper like this.

"I’ve never been more jacked about being a part of something the way I am with this," Snead said Saturday. "We’re ahead of where I thought we would be (in rebuilding.) And I would say that we're getting to the point, with starting-caliber players, where we can match up with anybody."

There's no debate; the Rams have upgraded their athleticism, speed, and overall talent on offense. But they've freshened the defense, too. (Hello, Alec Ogletree.) Plodders and pedestrians have been phased out, replaced by playmakers and ballers.

Still, I keep thinking about how frustrating and baffling the old electric football game could be. I'm wondering if the Rams can avoid wandering in the wrong direction. At times there will be more buzz than substance.

Their talent on offense is largely unbridled. And as the new generation receives an education on the fly, we’re in for some confusion, chaos and mistakes.

The Rams have an exciting product to showcase.

But it isn’t a finished product.

"Sometimes I take the telescopic view, not the microscopic view," Snead said. "Hey, I’m competitive. You want to beat Arizona, you want to win every game. But there’s no script to this.'

'I do know that somewhere along the line this year, we're going to get in the groove. And I do know that this organization believes that 2013, '14, '15, '16, '17 are looking really good.'

'And I know this: I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else."

-- Les Snead per B. Miklasz
    STL Post-Dispatch
    Aug. 31, 2013

TAustin316 is offline Registered User

On the brightside...we'll be able to draft a new QB or a young stud WR 1st overall!

Randart is offline Registered User

Thanks for sharing the article RealRam was a good read! I am amazed we landed Coach Fisher & GM Les Snead, they are such a dynamic duo... Working so well together and combined with Dems they have me really excited to see this young talent they have put together. Time to put on our giant Foam Feet like in the classic old surf flick 'Barefoot Adventure' and kick some NFL Booty!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that Mac, i.e., a "never" concept as a Rams fan.

As far as I'm concerned, I've enjoyed some super fine periods of Rams WINNING consistently, times when I did not have that sense of fear and worry, at least not going into the first regular game of the season. Times when we were a fearsome force -- and not only on defense. There were some great teams: 1949-53; '55; '57; '66-71; '73-80; '83-86; '88-89; '99-01; '03. And sure, I've also suffered the torture and sadness of losing over and over during the between periods of defeat and despair.

Yes, we've had a severe nine year drought since the last winning season. I still feel it.

2013, however, right now I feel good and encouraged about the team. I really do:

* Coach Fisher currently has a healthy roster, good coaching staff;
    * The F.O. did a decent / good job with the draft, plus...
    * A maturing Sam Bradford is accompanied by...
    * A promising squad of receivers and possibly...
    * A young, decent set of running backs;
    * A good defense likely to improve;
    * Perhaps average on ST.

Potential + Hunger + Excitement = A T T A C K

We are not proven of course and it can all crash to pieces, all for naught. Also, judging by some things seen during the preaseason games, we need to fix certain areas (e.g., penalties, etc.) pronto.

But again, based on our roster and on indicators from last year, I feel a little more optimistic than the expectations from 2004-11. Almost wondering if this is the start of a "new era", a few years of winning records and positive, better accomplishments along the way as compared to the recent decade of dreadful doom and gloom.

No, I don't foresee that right now. Right now I'm saying the Rams are going to WIN!

Did I mention that I'm usually an optimist trying to balance reality - without superstition.

GO RAMS!

I think we are positioned for the future but I am fighting my own personal Ram football demons in this post. Someday I will cease getting into a fetal position during Ram game in anticipation of the kicking and punching to come Really I will !!!
    RealRam and MauiRam like this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Well, we wont be going 0-16, but 2-14 is a very foreseeable projection for this team right now

MACD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    Well, we wont be going 0-16, but 2-14 is a very foreseeable projection for this team right now
    That's the spirit!
    RamDez, THOLTFAN81 and macrammer like this.

Originally Posted by rNemesis

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Good one MACD!
    macrammer likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Some of you need to go to www.wakeupandsmellthecoffee.com

Holy reverse Batman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast