This board is quick.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Rams Are Going To Surprise People This Year

The truth is...

The truth is... well...

I am Iron Man.

thermobee is offline Registered User

This is exactly how I feel about the teams future.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Some fans prefer to worry about Bradford's prior injuries or the system he played in at Oklahoma. I'd prefer to watch his highlight films and bristle in anticipation of Sam threading the needle from thirty yards away - a unique skill he truly possesses.
    I'm looking forward to this part of Bradford the most. That 25-30 yard range while he was at Oklahoma was truly a special thing that I've never really seen in college quarterbacks.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The hardest thing to do is to keep reminding ourselves that we are rebuilding and that 1999 was a gift.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

What has happened:

The Rams have more depth at defense. The first part of football 101 is astablishing a defense that will keep you from loosing a game; the second part of football 101 is that the offense has got to win the game.

I suspect the Rams may surprise many in the NFl and I do see a potentual for taking back the NFC-West. Right now the odds don't look good on paper at first glance but consider:

The Cards--lost a lot of strength on defense which was never their strong suit anyhow. Again some losses on their offense means this is not the same Cardnals like last two years. A lot of unknow variables.

The Hawks--some say one of their best drafts, an acquistion of a good HC, not to mention a team with a lot of pieces already there. And yes they are the odds on favorite for 2010. But then again they where thought to have made a challenge for division title in 2009. A QB in Hasselback with a history of injury doesn't help their cause either.

Friskco--they got Gore and picked up some solid O-line help from the draft. Crabtree from the previous years draft plus a hard nose motivator in their HC to inspire hard defensive play would noramlly make them a contender for the Division. But on-again-off-again proformance for their QB, Smith, leaves doubt; many of San Fran.'s games will be slug-fests, not having an overly diversified offense, leaves them vunerable to loosing close games.

The Rams--unknown quanity with Bradford at this point as QB and not a lot of weapons at the skill possitions. The history of the O-line has been rather spotty. However, with the offense there is S. Jackson someone that has to be accounted for at all times. For the Rams to be successeful is play mistake free and avoid near impossible situations--the game has to be kept managable. Spag has at hands the tools on defense to exploit a lot of the divisions Achilles heels, namely their QBs and turn games into battles of field possition. A few more acquistions like B. Westbrook, which is still in play or other recruitments put the Rams right in the thick of things

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If the Rams win more than 5 games this season it will be a big success. Just not enough playmakers on offense. Yet.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Very good read. I will agree with his points. We will see improvement this year. I don't think we will shock the world, but our rise has begun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    If the Rams win more than 5 games this season it will be a big success. Just not enough playmakers on offense. Yet.
    I'll amen that.

If this team goes 6-10, I'm calling it a good season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'll amen that.

If this team goes 6-10, I'm calling it a good season.
    "Brick by brick my citizens. Brick by brick."

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I like what the Rams did in the draft. I feel Billy Devaney is the right man to be making personnel decisions. I am hopeful the Rams will be better in 2010. It can't get much worse.

Beyond those three statements, I have no interest in predictions, prognostications or blind loyalty. I've been down that road too many times, only to have my heart ripped out by a team that's won 6 games the past three seasons and hasn't had a winning record in years. Many of us predicted good things going into the past two seasons only to have those beliefs go unrealized- and then all but told by others on the forum we were morons for having the audacity to think things would be better given all the new pieces and turnover within the front office. I've learned my lesson.

There is only one thing that will satisfy me and make me a total believer and that is results on the field. No excuses about the ownership situation, injuries, Jay Zygmunt, lack of fan support or George W. Bush. Find a way to show major improvement and give us a reason not to turn off our sets by halftime.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I think the NFC West ("worst division in football") will surprise some people this year. Everyone is writing off the cards because Warner is gone but they have a very talented supporting cast (not to mention Derek Anderson is waiting to his shot to prove himself). The seahawks are much improved, Okung is going to be dominant in this league. The ***** have a very young and very talented roster, including 3 first-round picks on the O-line. With Willis, Goldson and Mays, I'm not sure many people will want to try going over the middle. The Rams, a year older under Spag's system, and getting rid of the broken QB, will show improvement. Amendola is a weapon and teams will find out next season. Laurent Robinson is a legit 1000 yard receiver and a serious red zone threat. Fred Robbins is THE signing of our offseason, he will improve our whole defense by causing chaos up the gut. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th place team in the NFC West next season goes 7-9.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Never say never.

going for the Touchdown instead of opting for OT could have ended the Jags.

Amendola being 6'3 instead of 5'9-5'10 on that jump ball for the win against the Saints could have been the upset of the year.

Getting one more field goal against the Redskins could have taken them out.

getting 4 more points against the Texans would have gotten us the win.

Danny Gorrer picking off that Warner pass instead of dropping it and we take the Cards into overtime...

All of these are the difference between 1-15 and 6-10.

Who will step up and make these plays in 2010? I can't tell you that. But I can tell you that all it takes is a few guys emerging this year and not half of our roster going down to injury and we could find ourselves in the playoffs..

Am i optimistic? Damn right.

Lesson is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Never say never.

going for the Touchdown instead of opting for OT could have ended the Jags.

Amendola being 6'3 instead of 5'9-5'10 on that jump ball for the win against the Saints could have been the upset of the year.

Getting one more field goal against the Redskins could have taken them out.

getting 4 more points against the Texans would have gotten us the win.

Danny Gorrer picking off that Warner pass instead of dropping it and we take the Cards into overtime...

All of these are the difference between 1-15 and 6-10.

Who will step up and make these plays in 2010? I can't tell you that. But I can tell you that all it takes is a few guys emerging this year and not half of our roster going down to injury and we could find ourselves in the playoffs..

Am i optimistic? Damn right.
    The Saints, game on the last play, wouldn't have counted if it was a TD. There was a holding penalty. Amendola did have a key drop in the game, though. In the third quarter, Bulger threw a pass to him and he missed it. If he had caught it, it would have been a long reception. No one was covering him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12