Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    btimsah Guest

    Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    I got the new Madden NFL 2010 for XBOX 360. I am doing something I've rarely been able to do, and that's win consistently with the Rams, online. 13-3

    I am doing a really good job on defense where I am running the 3-4. Laurinaitis is awesome at MLB for a rookie. I like the 3-4 cuzz it gives me more flexibility. Also, Witherspoon is fast as hell. Little keeps driving people crazy and the secondary is fast. People expect so little (no pun intended) from them.

    I've beaten the top teams surprisingly but that may just be cuzz most people still suck. I mean, play poor. Who else is on xbox live with Madden 10?
    Last edited by btimsah; -08-19-2009 at 01:49 AM.


  2. #2
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,730
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    who are you playing in what positions in the 3-4?

  3. #3
    Ramer's Avatar
    Ramer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    I'm ready to get Madden 10, is it as good as everyone is making it out to be?

  4. #4
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Yeah, how is 10 overall, I had three main issues with 09 that I'm wondering are fixed.

    First, the run game. Can you actually run the ball and not lose yardage this year?

    Second, is there an actual pass rush this year? I tend to play coverage anyway, but even blitzing didn't seem to work for getting sacks.

    Third, did they change the difficulty settings at all? Last years 4 bars only for pass and rushing, O and D, makes me so mad because they have ridiculously different learning curves. I'm on 4 or 5 for rushing or else I lose yards on every play, but I'm on 13 or 14 on rush defense because otherwise they have no run game against me either. I really miss the fully customizable bars that they used to have, please tell me they brought those back!

  5. #5
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,045
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Man, I need to get a new system. I'm still rocking the playstation 2. I haven't bought Madden yet because I've been playing NCAA, and also because it's been the exact same game since 2003. Glad to see the Rams can go well, though.

    As far as the 3-4 goes, do you have Witherspoon as the other MLB? Do you have Chris Long as a backer? The possibilities are endless!

  6. #6
    SJacks039's Avatar
    SJacks039 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ILLinios
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    SJ pummels everyone in Madden 10

  7. #7
    btimsah Guest

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    who are you playing in what positions in the 3-4?
    The only difference really is Chamberlain and/or Chris Draft at the second inside linebacker position. I like to keep Spoon outside cuzz he's just so fast, he's great to have out there covering RB's! But you could certainly put Spoon inside with Lauriniatus... So far I've been impressed with Carriker at the nose (in the game). I've also moved Atogwe to strong safety...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I'm ready to get Madden 10, is it as good as everyone is making it out to be?
    To me 2010 puts 09 to shame. The graphics update are very noticeable, especially when you put the Rams in their old 1999 uniforms! At times it really feels like your watching your real team out there, the graphics (to me) are that good. They've slowed down the game, which passing wise - took me a little bit to get used too. But in the end it helps with user control of players. You have more time to move/throw.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Yeah, how is 10 overall, I had three main issues with 09 that I'm wondering are fixed.

    First, the run game. Can you actually run the ball and not lose yardage this year?
    With Jackson, he falls forward a lot so I'm doing okay running the ball. But make no mistake, most people online blitz and go man a lot, which is why it can be so tough to run. Stay off the speed button until your in the open field or have a huge hole and you should be fine, but I recommend taking what the defense gives you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Second, is there an actual pass rush this year? I tend to play coverage anyway, but even blitzing didn't seem to work for getting sacks.

    Third, did they change the difficulty settings at all? Last years 4 bars only for pass and rushing, O and D, makes me so mad because they have ridiculously different learning curves. I'm on 4 or 5 for rushing or else I lose yards on every play, but I'm on 13 or 14 on rush defense because otherwise they have no run game against me either. I really miss the fully customizable bars that they used to have, please tell me they brought those back!
    Difficulty settings I'm not sure, don't play offline much lol. And as for Pass rush.. realistically it depends on your coverage. I recommend taking the first few drives of your opponents offensive series and determine what they do on offense. Once you realize where they keep going with the ball, then I like to throw zone blitzes at them. Seems to really work this year. And yes, the Rams with Leonard Little can rush the passer.

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Man, I need to get a new system. I'm still rocking the playstation 2. I haven't bought Madden yet because I've been playing NCAA, and also because it's been the exact same game since 2003. Glad to see the Rams can go well, though.

    As far as the 3-4 goes, do you have Witherspoon as the other MLB? Do you have Chris Long as a backer? The possibilities are endless!
    I prefer (as I said previously) for Spoon to be outside. He's like a safety over there. I've also been running with Atogwe at SS, but that seems to hurt the Rams overall pass defense rating... lol

  8. #8
    evil disco man's Avatar
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Madden 10 just came in the mail today. Buuuuut I can't play it, because of my terrible luck. Only two days ago, I was playing Halo 3 with my sister, and the Xbox froze... turned it off, let it sit for a while. Played again, and it froze again. Then, you guessed it, the dreaded red ring of death. What horrible timing. I don't even play the Xbox that much, but this one time of year I'm excited to get on it, this happens. Go figure.

    I agree with Teke about the running game and pass rush. Hope they improved those. It was pointless to blitz, too, because either they didn't work, or the QB would get the ball out before anyone was near him. Another thing was play-action passes. A few of them work... but with most of them, you either get sacked 75% of the time or only have a split second to get rid of it.

    Looking forward to another year of dominating the Franchise mode. I'm actually glad the Rams have one of the lowest ratings this season. If I beat online people with the Rams (which I always play with), that's only further embarrassment for them. Plus, it'll be fun to build the team from the bottom up in Franchise mode.

    Now I've gotta wait some weeks until the Xbox is fixed, but at least I have fantasy football to keep me busy in the meantime.

  9. #9
    btimsah Guest

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Here is one of my first games.. Lauriniatus Pwns Willie Parker;

    Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight | EA SPORTS

  10. #10
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,537
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Add me fam: Min Muscles

    its so funny I tried to post this last week and the mods sent the post to the lounge....and did you add Thomas & Curry to the team yet?

  11. #11
    Ramer's Avatar
    Ramer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    I'm getting it this weekend...can't wait!

  12. #12
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,483
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    I'm really not much of an online player, but the first two guys I played both quit early after I pulled out some solid leads on them. One of them was a bit cheap - go for it every fourth down, 2 pt conversions after every score, onside kicks, etc. In the second quarter he started lining up in goalline defense against me and blitzed hardcore... didn't take long before I adjusted and hit Avery for a 70 yard TD on a streak from the slot.

    I'm more of a franchise guy, though.

  13. #13
    eric2810's Avatar
    eric2810 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Madden 10 just came in the mail today. Buuuuut I can't play it, because of my terrible luck. Only two days ago, I was playing Halo 3 with my sister, and the Xbox froze... turned it off, let it sit for a while. Played again, and it froze again. Then, you guessed it, the dreaded red ring of death. What horrible timing. I don't even play the Xbox that much, but this one time of year I'm excited to get on it, this happens. Go figure.
    Dude no lie that happened to me as well. I was playing my 360 and all of a sudden my screen looks very pixelated and colors were flickering. I turn my system off and turn it back on and you guessed it; red ring of death. This happened the day before Madden 10 comes out, which I may add was already pre-ordered and paid off. Ain't that something...

  14. #14
    btimsah Guest

    Re: Rams Are Good In Madden NFL 10

    Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    Dude no lie that happened to me as well. I was playing my 360 and all of a sudden my screen looks very pixelated and colors were flickering. I turn my system off and turn it back on and you guessed it; red ring of death. This happened the day before Madden 10 comes out, which I may add was already pre-ordered and paid off. Ain't that something...
    I've had the red ring of death twice. Sucked. But I'm like a bank, I got bailed out twice by sending it back to Microsoft.

    I think the newer ones are better tho'

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Trivia - Share What You Know
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: -11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  2. Nick’s Mailbag for Feb. 4, 2009
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -02-07-2009, 01:57 AM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  4. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
  5. Rams History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •