r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams Gotta Have Gado

Rams gotta have Gado

by VanRam on Aug 16, 2009 7:09 AM CDT in 2009 Training Camp

St. Louis Rams Samkon Gado is the talk of the town after an impressive 93-yard night against the Jets in Friday's preseason opener. With six productive carries, he vaulted himself up the depth chart.

He's also playing fullback, where he started Friday night in place of Mike Karney. His ability to play both spots may be the key to his job security this year. Gado told the PD:

We've got three more games left, and I've still got a lot of work to do at fullback. I think I'm being evaluated at that position. And how well I do there I think is going to dictate where I land on this team.

Should be a good story to watch. In short, Gado is doing what the Rams once expected former second round pick Brian Leonard to do. One was signed in-season as a free agent, the other was a second round pick. I"m just sayin'...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Gotta Have Gado

Exactly. He impressed the hell out of me on Friday.We have to now evaluate him for the rest of the preseason. I really like him. I think he is much more fit than Darby.

Having three backs who can play will be pretty well. A line up of Jackson, Pittman and Gado looks pretty good right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

I don't remember a RB battle as close as this years, it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

We might not have an "elite" number two back, but so much for the argument that our backups can't handle the load. Darby had the lead going into game one but both of the other backs clearly outshined him in that game. I don't want to make too much of Gado's 73 yard scamper, but it looked very sweet, and he was a stud for that one year in Green Bay.

No matter what, I think we can say that our running back situation is better than we thought before the Jets game.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I know, and he was never mentioned in the press. He is a keeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Rams gotta have Gado

by VanRam on Aug 16, 2009 7:09 AM CDT in 2009 Training Camp

St. Louis Rams Samkon Gado is the talk of the town after an impressive 93-yard night against the Jets in Friday's preseason opener. With six productive carries, he vaulted himself up the depth chart.

He's also playing fullback, where he started Friday night in place of Mike Karney. His ability to play both spots may be the key to his job security this year. Gado told the PD:

We've got three more games left, and I've still got a lot of work to do at fullback. I think I'm being evaluated at that position. And how well I do there I think is going to dictate where I land on this team.

Should be a good story to watch. In short, Gado is doing what the Rams once expected former second round pick Brian Leonard to do. One was signed in-season as a free agent, the other was a second round pick. I"m just sayin'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Punisher73 is offline Registered User

I actually like Ogbanaya more than I like Pittman. I have a gut feeling that Ogbanaya is going to be pleasant suprise for us.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I like the way Gado runs, hes quick on his feet & can pick it up down the stretch. I didnt get to see really anything from him last year so this was pretty much my first time watching him, and though I wont pass judgment too quickly I have to say I was impressed.

I wonder if it would be a battle between Pittman Ogbannaya & Darby for #2 and just rotate Gado at some of the fullback responsibilities..
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -08-17-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Daspeerman is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Rams Gotta Have Gado

Gado was also running back KO's , and looked pretty good at that too .... no dancing around .... got good yardage.
    DASPEERMAN!!!!!!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave intending on arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    We might not have an "elite" number two back, but so much for the argument that our backups can't handle the load. Darby had the lead going into game one but both of the other backs clearly outshined him in that game. I don't want to make too much of Gado's 73 yard scamper, but it looked very sweet, and he was a stud for that one year in Green Bay.

No matter what, I think we can say that our running back situation is better than we thought before the Jets game.

Yeah, he was a fantasy MVP that year. And it wasn't just one or two games either. This guy deserves a chance on our roster this year.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Gado looked like he can be a decent number 2 back for our ballclub this year. I loved the way Chris Ogbuyuna ran in the 4th quarter. I know he is known for catching the ball but it seems like he can be a nice north-south downhill runner. Nothing special from him, but I have a feeling he can get it done.

Gado can play RB, he can play FB and he can return kicks, all effectively. Spags made it clear he values guys that are versatile and that can fill mutiple roles. Unless the wheels come completely off Gado's game during the remainder of the preseason, I've got to believe there's a spot for him on the final roster.

Ramer is offline Registered User

He really looked good in our 1st preaseason game!