Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Re: Rams have been left in good hands

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Don't know what "beyotching and moaning" you're referring to, but as a Ram fan of nearly forty years, I'm entitled to complain about a poor product, a poorly run franchise and I expect more. The LA Ram fans that visit this forum more then support their team. Unlike many others in here, we didn't just jump on the bandwagon after the '99 season. We've proven we'll support our team no matter where they go. Now that's keeping the faith. Personally, it won't make or break my day if they move from St.Louis or not. I'll still be a fan.

I'd just like to see them in person again, and bringing them back to LA/OC would be my preference.
    You're entitled to nothing. You're a football fan. You either cheer for the team or you don't. Your choice, but nobody owes you a thing.

And yes you do support YOUR team. You well support YOUR team, the LA Rams. Problem is that team hasn't existed for 14 years.

Truth really sucks sometimes don't it?

"I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

BEER is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Rams have been left in good hands

I have a real Bettis jersey I bought at the end of his rookie year with the
    Rams. I will wear it on there first game back to LA....... Mark my words..LOL.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Actually a true fan would just support the team regardless of where they play their home games. Try keeping that faith.
    Blind faith should be reserved for relegion, if anything.

Georgia intentially running a good team into the ground is the big difference in terms of comparing the Rams' situation to other NFL franchises that have moved. It all started with Ferragamo and has gone downhill from there. Tyler, Hacksaw, Dickerson, etc. were all players that should have remained Rams during Georgia/Shaw's tenure and their mishandling, intentional or otherwise, of the Rams from 1980 to 1994 led to the team being a free agent wasteland. Good players left and good free agents didn't want to be here.

Even the heyday of the GSOT isn't exactly a beacon of a well run organization. DV was essentially a lame duck coach who was a gimmick in the first place, Martz was a first time OC and Trent Green was an unproven journeyman QB. They caught lightning in a bottle as it all turned out but it wasn't like the team was really improving much in terms of drafting, free agent pickups, coaching, etc. We're seeing the same pattern re-develop and the team is back to being a sparkling 3-13.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

the rams arent going anywhere. next queation.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Don't know what "beyotching and moaning" you're referring to, but as a Ram fan of nearly forty years, I'm entitled to complain about a poor product, a poorly run franchise and I expect more. The LA Ram fans that visit this forum more then support their team. Unlike many others in here, we didn't just jump on the bandwagon after the '99 season. We've proven we'll support our team no matter where they go. Now that's keeping the faith. Personally, it won't make or break my day if they move from St.Louis or not. I'll still be a fan.

I'd just like to see them in person again, and bringing them back to LA/OC would be my preference.
    hey i have been a fan for 18 years.. does that make me any less than a fan than you because i havent been for 40 years. as far as the whole missouri thing.. i live in tennessee and i only see the games when i make the trip to the ed. regardless of where they play we need to support this team if they are going to stay anywhere because bad fan support will keep this team moving untill it doesnt exist anylonger... and as far as you wanting the team back in L.A.. maybe if the L.A people appreciated the team more they would still be there... I don't want the team to move and i usually buy like 6 or 7 tickets just so they will have good sells on the tickets... if the rams went back to L.A how would that make anything better for you.. if anything I think it would hurt the team. we are here to stay.. even if that means me buying the team which i am actually serious about. you may be a fan, but so are we.. The rams won a superbowl in Missouri we are the St.Louis Rams. The L.A Rams No Longer Exist.

NJRamsGuy is offline Registered User

I'm hoping there are some fans on this board from neither St Louis or California who can agree with me here, but as a fan from NJ who have only gotten the chance to see the team he chose to root for (during a cruddy 2002 year when I started really watching football) it doesn't matter where this team ends up as long at it puts quality teams on the field. I like them in St Louis now, and it'd be the best for them not to have to go through a move, but if that happened, it wouldn't phase me much.

I've only gotten to see the team live once -- this year in New Orleans as a visiting fan. The rest of the days I have to go to a sports bar to watch a team that doesn't bring in many fans so it doesn't even get sound played.

That makes me no less of a Rams fan and no more of a Rams fan than the rest of you. Debate all you'd like, but just remember that before you grab your pitchforks and hop a plane for a battle. (Though I'm pretty sure you can't get a pitchfork through customs.)

Now, my altered "Why can't we all get along speech" aside, I agreed with the point that I'd love to see new management. Shaw can go. I'd personally show Zyggy the door myself. Let's get some guys go can make things happen and know how to make consistently accurate football moves. Hopefully Bernie's article is right and the ownership and eventually sale of this team is handled appropriately so there are no lost years that come of it.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

For our resident revisionist historians I have to supply this quote from Bernie Miklasz's column
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Miklasz
    In the 1980s, the Rams made the playoffs seven times in 10 seasons.

In those seven playoff seasons, they had 56 regular-season home games.

Of the 56, they sold out 17.

They drew fewer than 54,000 on 28 occasions.

In 1984, when they went 10-6, they had Eric Dickerson, a Hall of Fame back, sweeping through the stretch to set the all-time NFL single-season rushing record.

At the end of that season, with Dickerson going for the record, and running for a playoff team, the Rams drew 49,348 and 49,092 fans in their final two home games.

The stadium held 66,000.

--B
    So much for all that die hard support from LA that I keep hearing about.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    For our resident revisionist historians I have to supply this quote from Bernie Miklasz's column
    !

Quoting bernie to make a point??......class

see if the Rams move back to L.A then folks from Cali can stop travelling to St.Louis, the Cardinals can move back to St.Louis then the MASS of die hard cardinal fans wont have to travel to arizona every other week anymore and everyones a winner,baby!

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    hey i have been a fan for 18 years..

no offense dude but 18 years ago was when you were born according to what it says under your avator and well the Rams only moved to St.louis 13 years ago...

you travelled to L.A. until you were 5 or something?

i`ll give you fair dues as you cant be called a "fairweather" fan because you havent supported the Rams as long as some because your age has made it impossible..nobody follows football until they are at least 6 and it takes years to fully understand the game after that....

txramsfan is offline Registered User

OMR (oh my Ram), are we squabbling about who is a fan and who isn't? Have we plummeted to that type of depth?

It's ok for fans to be overly joyful when the good times are rolling and overly detested when they go south. That's part of being a "fanatic". Anyway, the Rams are in good hands now especially with Shaw considering stepping down.

keith m. klink Guest

WELL , if most of us here are guy's , which i think is the case . than the rams will have a brighter future and i think it will come sooner than later . i think we are all forgetting one thing here . CHIP ROSENBLOOM. if any of you boy's out there ever heard their mom's tell them that they dissapointed their mothers , WELL , that is one of the worst feeling in the world . CHIP will not have the ability to do a bad job here . he is a businessman , he has morals and value's. and he understands how much the team meant too the city and them to it. he could be the best thing to ever happen too this franchise . this was his parents passion , and he can not fail too make it better because of his own pride in being a great son . i have no reservations about how well CHIP will take care of this team. but understand , this isn't a rebuilding , this is a franchise transition , and they won't compair . by this time next year we will have a good hold onto a solid future for this team. and we can all sleep HAPPY THOUGHTS .

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    Ok Biv,

1. What are the numbers for the Cardinals then?

2. Have you ever been to LA and met an LA Rams fan?
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -01-24-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Rambos is online now Registered User

[QUOTEHave you ever been to LA and met an LA Rams fan?][/QUOTE]

I'm one........

PHAT-MONEY Guest

I have been a fan, my earliest memory of the rams was in 1990 when i was 2. My father took me to a rams game for my birthday, I am not saying that i totaly understood football, but i knew enough to be considered a fan. i had it all, sheets, jerseys, hats, you name it i had it... i love the rams theres no doubt about that... and i respect your opinion.. thanks for sharing.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    no offense dude but 18 years ago was when you were born according to what it says under your avator and well the Rams only moved to St.louis 13 years ago...

you travelled to L.A. until you were 5 or something?

i`ll give you fair dues as you cant be called a "fairweather" fan because you havent supported the Rams as long as some because your age has made it impossible..nobody follows football until they are at least 6 and it takes years to fully understand the game after that....
    i see your point, but i may be the exception to the rule, in some way i am related to kyle wright, Miami qb. i grew up around football may not have understood it the entire time, but i have my best efforts... besides i was only a baby... we all love the rams... that says it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
  2. -01-22-2008, 12:40 AM