RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams Have Final Two-Practice Day

Rams Have Final Two-Practice Day

By: Howard Balzer

Date: Aug 16, 2006

The final open practice took place on Wednesday at Rams Park, here are some news and notes....

It was reason to celebrate for Rams players Wednesday as they are on the field twice for the last time this summer.
    Coach Scott Linehan reminded the team of that after the morning practice.
    "I told them this was the last two-a-day until next July," Linehan said.
    "They reminded me that we do two during mini-camp, but I said that doesn't count. There weren't too many tears shed. We tried to get a little extra conditioning this morning, during the heat, to make sure we're in good shape for the game. But they've been running plenty. Aches and pains are starting to set in
    and we're fighting through them good, though."
    "I'm sure they're very happy. We've done a lot of conditioning. We've conditioned the body, not just in the physical side, but in the mental side. We had a lot of meetings as well. We'll continue to have a strict meeting schedule and get a lot more of the mental things in. We'll have night practice tonight; we'll have afternoon practices Thursday and Friday, and then have our game-day schedule on Saturday. The players will be off on Sunday and we'll get into a one-a-day routine, still in preseason mode, starting Monday."
    Asked about the commitment the players made, Linehan said, "It's been unbelievable. Our primary goal was that we were going to come into camp in great shape. We changed our offseason program. Dana (LeDuc) and Brad (Roll) pushed these guys and never let up on them and they never resisted or didn't buy in. I told them that if they got in shape and did their job, we weren't going to come in and do a conditioning test. We were going to come in and be in shape and we were. Just by our training room reports and where we've been so far, I think it's a great testament to how they've worked and how we've asked them to
    work. We've continued to push them through it and condition them all the way through camp. I've been in camps before where you never condition the players. We've conditioned our guys so we stay in shape and don't lose the shape we were in and I've been very excited about that."
    The morning practice Wednesday was also the last one open to the public. Thursday's practice was scheduled to be available for fans, but it will be closed.
    Asked why, Linehan said, "It's a prep practice for Houston. We're going to do it like the regular season like it's a Friday, so we're doing all of our game-plan type plays that we're going to be running in the game. We're actually going to be going through our opening script, so I don't want Gary's (Texans coach Gary Kubiak) best friend, who lives in St. Charles, to come over and watch practice."
    Linehan was joking. Or was he?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Have Final Two-Practice Day

going through our opening script
    Anyone know how many plays we script?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

most NFL teams (well, even college and high school for that matter) will script around 15 give or take a few.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

greatestJOEonearth is offline Registered User

Man I wish I lived in St.Louis I'm from San Antonio Texas and am probably the only Rams fan in my town. It's not easy bearing the colors of the Rams and things on my desk that show my Rams pride. Trust me everyone in Texas are either pro Dallas or Houston. So I get a lot of heat from my Cowboy crazed co-workers every week. But I had a good laugh last year on the season ending game which we won. That was sweet! But what sucks is I have to buy all my Rams stuff on line. I bet all the cool stuff is at the local stores and walmarts.. I've been a Rams fan since middle school (i'm 29 now). What happend was I went to LA for the summer and they were there at the time and it happend to be that my middle schools mascot was also a Rams. So I just stayed with them. But when they changed their uniforms in 2000 was when I really took more notice. Someone hook a brotha up.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Thanks Hub that was my guess... What a different for Marc, to know exactly what plays are going to be called at the start vs. memorizing and get ready for 260 plus plays. I read somewhere we are working on 4 basic run plays until we master them. Night and day, only time will tell if it works,

Ram Warrior is offline Registered User

"Rambo" and "Hub"totally agree marc will look very good this yr and his #'s will show it,
    "Integrity is the formula of who a person Is or Is not"

Quote Originally Posted by greatestJOEonearth
    Man I wish I lived in St.Louis I'm from San Antonio Texas and am probably the only Rams fan in my town. It's not easy bearing the colors of the Rams and things on my desk that show my Rams pride. Trust me everyone in Texas are either pro Dallas or Houston. So I get a lot of heat from my Cowboy crazed co-workers every week. But I had a good laugh last year on the season ending game which we won. That was sweet! But what sucks is I have to buy all my Rams stuff on line. I bet all the cool stuff is at the local stores and walmarts.. I've been a Rams fan since middle school (i'm 29 now). What happend was I went to LA for the summer and they were there at the time and it happend to be that my middle schools mascot was also a Rams. So I just stayed with them. But when they changed their uniforms in 2000 was when I really took more notice. Someone hook a brotha up.
    I think you will be surprised to see how many Ram fans come from Texas