RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

The Rams have not had a winning season since the previous HC drafted Jackson.

I like Jackson but his previous HC who traded up to get him did not seem to know how to utilize him. The previous HC had a receiving scat back hall of famer that could do it all. That HC seemed to like that style of running back and did not like to give very many carries to the running back. The new HC has put more of an emphasis on runing the ball. Jackson seems to have done a lot better since then. Do you think there was a transition for the offense to go from a hall of fame receiving scat back to a young power back with great potential. It seems to me the OL would be required to get more of a push and the WR's, TE's, and FB's would be asked to block more. With a power back you don't try to be elusive as much as you do pound the ball forward. You also dont try to run to the edges its more up the middle.

IMO running the ball more is a good idea if you can do it because it keeps the defense off the field and eats time off the clock. This was the criticism by Detroit of the previous Rams HC who went there as OC and it was their excuse for firing him as OC.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-14-2008 at 12:19 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Rams have not had a winning season since the previous HC drafted Jackson.

I'm not really sure what the point you're trying to make here is.

Martz's offense is a pass-oriented offense. Faulk was perfect for that approach.

Linehan's offense is also a pass-oriented offense, though not quite to the degree that Martz's is.

Should the Rams run more with Jackson? Probably.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Rams not having a winning season since drafting Jackson.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams have not had a winning season since the previous HC drafted Jackson.

I see what youre saying, but I dont think it has anything to do with your topic.

But on that topic of what youre saying, maybe having a scat back and a power back (jackson) would be good. Have Jackson run the ball and run over people, and have the scat back be a good receiver. However I dont think the scat back should be a starter over jackson. Would a two runner formation (on some plays) be a good idea?

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm not really sure what the point you're trying to make here is.

Martz's offense is a pass-oriented offense. Faulk was perfect for that approach.

Linehan's offense is also a pass-oriented offense, though not quite to the degree that Martz's is.

Should the Rams run more with Jackson? Probably.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Rams not having a winning season since drafting Jackson.
    We have been a team in transition the previous HC did not use Jackson as much and he was supposed to become our focal point on offense. It was a transition from receivers being the focal point (including running backs) to a more ballanced attack with our running back being the catalyst. I like Jackson and believe he is the back we need however do you think it takes adjusting through out the team (TE,FB,OL) to make such a switch of him (Power back) being the focal point.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-15-2008 at 11:48 PM.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Yes. The Rams have not had a winning season since the previous HC drafted Jackson. Linehan rules. Martz is evil.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, in that context, the Rams haven't had a winning season since Pace signed his long term contract.

We haven't had a winning season since I started getting grey hairs in my beard.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You grew a beard? Dude, you live in Florida......doesn't that get hot?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, in that context, the Rams haven't had a winning season since Pace signed his long term contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger
    Oh, I've got the answer to this one. Step back.......

The Rams haven't had a winning season since.....CUTTING KURT WARNER!!!

(turns left) You ready?! (turns right) You ready?! Let's get it on!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Oh, I've got the answer to this one. Step back.......

The Rams haven't had a winning season since.....CUTTING KURT WARNER!!!

(turns left) You ready?! (turns right) You ready?! Let's get it on!
    Ouch

sad but true.

This could be fun....the Rams haven't had a winning season since Marshall Faulk was the starter in the backfield.

The Rams have not had a winning record since the last HC was here....

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Since they won nine games?

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Since they won nine games?
    We have a winner!