Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams have number two pick in all rounds

Jets and Atlanta win today, this means the Rams get 2nd overall pick every round in the draft. At least there is some good news today ;-(

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Rams have number two pick in all rounds

BEST NEWS WE'VE HAD IN A WHILE!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Still doesn't make the season of pain worth it!

Question now is: Trade down?
    Semper Fi!

general counsel is offline Registered User

chris long or trade down.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Is Chris the DE?

That second round pick should be a contributor also!
    Semper Fi!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Who knows what Parecells is going to do. The Dolphins could go in so many different directions and Long is one of those directions. I think Parcells will go after a FA QB and with Ronnie brown and a decent line. It boils down to Dorsey or Chris Long since Dorsey is better suited for the 4-3 Long is a big option. Lets just hope he doesn't want him.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I would be happier if linehand has nothing to do with who the Rams draft. Still with having top picks there are just so many needs to fill. Any bets Linehan with the first draft will pick another TE?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Any bets Linehan with the first draft will pick another TE?

Ouch! LOL!

Just my wild and wishful thinking but I'm hoping the Dolfish will go in another direction -- any direction but DE -- and that we will have Long wearing the Rams uniform next year. After that, let's grab us a good, "injury proof" OL.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    I would be happier if linehand has nothing to do with who the Rams draft. Still with having top picks there are just so many needs to fill. Any bets Linehan with the first draft will pick another TE?
    we could probably draft a potential TE. EDIT: Sorry I didnt read that right. HAHA

however we do need defense. that is key to every lost game. our defense really screws up and gives up hope in the second half. for some reason, who knows. and that brings down the team as a whole.

i say our first two pics in the draft should be defense. either a new DB or LB for second round. Chris Long is certainly what we could use to stop the run. not only that, but pressurize the qb so they dont rack up a numerous amount of yards on us every game.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I could see Miami trading down to a team that covets either McFadden or Ryan. If that happens, the Rams will be in a position to pick whoever is at the the top of their draft board, as that player won't be a QB or RB.

Merlin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I could see Miami trading down to a team that covets either McFadden or Ryan. If that happens, the Rams will be in a position to pick whoever is at the the top of their draft board, as that player won't be a QB or RB.
    The problem for Miami is that everyone knows the Rams won't want to take McFadden given SJ and our other greater needs. Which means Parcells won't get any suitors for McFadden. Anyone interested in him will find the Rams cheaper as a trade up option as well as a cheaper salary for him.

Look for Parcells to try to lay some smoke about how much they love McFadden. Those top guys are gonna juggle around as we go through the Senior Bowl and Combine, but McFadden is gonna be top three range unless he blows out his knee on the banquet circuit.

McFadden is the best player in this draft, IMO. He can literally bust a TD from anywhere, on any given play. Guaranteed there will be a few teams that are willing to risk a lot to move up and get him. In that regard, we are in a very good position.

Parcells will have to call everyone's bluff and he's not gonna do that. He'll take the best defensive player on the board and will rebuild that defense to start things off.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, having the number 2 in each round is pretty darn good, and in this deep OT year we definitely should not go for Jake Long. Just like the Colts last year, we should be able to find a quality offensive lineman in the second round.

If we're able to keep OJ and Chillar, then our main need is defensive end, and even if we don't I still think that our biggest need is defensive end as we need a pass rush. Little, Hall and Long would make for a killer rotation, and we'd have the ability to run 4-3 and 3-4 on the fly, I'd believe, especially if we can get a new linebacker who can play inside. I'd go for a 3rd or 4th rounder as I expect the first two to be focused on the lines.

Another thing to think about is what round pick we'll get for Curtis. I'm hoping for a 4th, which maybe we can pair with our 4th for a mid 3rd to get a better backer or wideout.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

we get a pick for Curtis? i didn't know that

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The problem for Miami is that everyone knows the Rams won't want to take McFadden given SJ and our other greater needs. Which means Parcells won't get any suitors for McFadden. Anyone interested in him will find the Rams cheaper as a trade up option as well as a cheaper salary for him.
    That presumes that the Rams would entertain a trade from the #2 spot. If the Rams want to stay at #2, then a team wishing to take McFadden may have to trade up to #1 to avoid him being taken with the 3rd or 4th picks.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Well, having the number 2 in each round is pretty darn good, and in this deep OT year we definitely should not go for Jake Long. Just like the Colts last year, we should be able to find a quality offensive lineman in the second round.

If we're able to keep OJ and Chillar, then our main need is defensive end, and even if we don't I still think that our biggest need is defensive end as we need a pass rush. Little, Hall and Long would make for a killer rotation, and we'd have the ability to run 4-3 and 3-4 on the fly, I'd believe, especially if we can get a new linebacker who can play inside. I'd go for a 3rd or 4th rounder as I expect the first two to be focused on the lines.

Another thing to think about is what round pick we'll get for Curtis. I'm hoping for a 4th, which maybe we can pair with our 4th for a mid 3rd to get a better backer or wideout.
    true. we need to focus on the D-line. first two should go to DL. everything else can be a OT or a LB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast