Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    blood85 Guest

Re: Rams have number two pick in all rounds

Is there a Headcoach available in the draft?

smizzhfx Guest

We need a SS as well.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I could see Miami trading down to a team that covets either McFadden or Ryan. If that happens, the Rams will be in a position to pick whoever is at the the top of their draft board, as that player won't be a QB or RB.
    I doubt Ryan garners interest for the #1 overall.

The perception that St. Louis won't pick McFadden won't help Miami make a deal. The Dolphins will either have to trade cheap, convince somebody they'll take DMC, or actually pick him....then trade.

I think Miami picks either Vernon Gholston or Chris Long. The Rams should take whichever of the two is left or McFadden....or trade.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The problem for Miami is that everyone knows the Rams won't want to take McFadden given SJ and our other greater needs. Which means Parcells won't get any suitors for McFadden. Anyone interested in him will find the Rams cheaper as a trade up option as well as a cheaper salary for him.

Look for Parcells to try to lay some smoke about how much they love McFadden. Those top guys are gonna juggle around as we go through the Senior Bowl and Combine, but McFadden is gonna be top three range unless he blows out his knee on the banquet circuit.

McFadden is the best player in this draft, IMO. He can literally bust a TD from anywhere, on any given play. Guaranteed there will be a few teams that are willing to risk a lot to move up and get him. In that regard, we are in a very good position.

Parcells will have to call everyone's bluff and he's not gonna do that. He'll take the best defensive player on the board and will rebuild that defense to start things off.
    Good post. I agree.

GSOT Guest

I say either of the Longs or possible McFadden (doubtfull) and a speed receiver like Jordy Nelson in the 2nd.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Is there a Headcoach available in the draft?
    Yeah but it's going to take at least 3 years to find out what you got.

rampete Guest

the raiders, picking somewhere between #3 and #5, and the jets, picking at #6, must be coveting mcfadden, the consensus #1 talent in this upcoming draft...

which leaves the rams in a good position to bargain with either team if and when the fins take the best defender at #1...

if the raiders get the #3 pick, then the jets will have to offer the moon to the rams to go #2...if the raiders go at #4 or #5, then the two teams may wait it out to the third pick and deal with that team...cause the rams will surely pass on mcfadden, whom i think is better than s. jackson ... of course, both the raiders and the jets may panic, thinking that another team, like the falcons who'll pick between #3-#5 and the patriots at #7, covets mcfadden as well...the pats may jump at getting mcfadden at #3 or #4 by trading up to make their team into a juggernaut, and at the same time preventing the jets from loading up their offense...not probable, but possible...

here's to hoping mcfadden running a 4.3 at the combine or personal workout...
    Last edited by rampete; -12-31-2007 at 03:54 AM.

PossumBoy9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    if the raiders get the #3 pick
    While it appears the Raiders are involved in a three-way tie for the #3 overall, I think the highest they can possibly pick is #4. I don't believe they can pick ahead of Kansas City due to losing a tiebreaker based on conference record.

Thirty-Nine Guest

Parcells and the Dolphins have a ton of needs. I see Tuna trading down with McFadden as the prize; if teams like Oakland, KC, and Atlanta really want him, they will pony up. If there is any possibility that he could get a good #3-5 first-round pick and a second rounder out of the swap as well, he will deal.

Disclaimer: Much of the above is speculation intermingled with wishful thinking, based solely on my desire to draft Chris Long and to see the Rams win some football games next year.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

2008 Draft Order

1. Miami
    2. St. Louis
    3. Kansas City
    4. Oakland
    5. Atlanta
    6. NY Jets
    7. Baltimore
    8. New England (from Whiners)
    9. Cincinnati
    10. New Orleans

:l

-jake-

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i like the idea of trading down, but i think picking at No.2 gives us a chance to get an elite defensive player, one the Rams havent had in a long time.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think Miami goes DL (Be it Long, or Dorsey--my pick) at number one, meaning McFadden could slide all the way to four or five, depending on what the Raiders choose to do with UFA Fargas.

He wouldn't get past atlanta.

The Jets must be absolutely spewing right now. Virtually no chance of landing Long, Long or McFadden, and even the consolation prize of Gholston may be gone.

I'd bet New England wants Gholston bad, Atlanta and Baltimore both take QBs unless DMC is available, and Jake Long is a lock not to go past pick 3.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i see DMC going to Atlanta. They have always been a running team, Dunn is getting old and Norwood hasnt shown he has enough to be the number 1 guy.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i like the idea of trading down, but i think picking at No.2 gives us a chance to get an elite defensive player, one the Rams havent had in a long time.
    I say we stick with or number 2 pick unless we're made an offer we can't refuse.

rams2061 Guest

They need to get a QB. After watching Bulger in Phoenix, I don't believe he'll be the QB to get the Rams back to the Superbowl or even the playoffs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast