Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Rams have number two pick in all rounds

Am I the only one who wouldn't object to us drafting McFadden? Of course its not a need, but our offense clearly needs help all over the place and another playmaker would be very welcome in my mind.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

The Rams will not draft another RB while we have SJ. NFL teams cannot afford to shell out all that cash for two players who do essentially the same thing. SJ is proven and under contract. I just hope we are able to sign our picks early so they can actually contribute in 2008. GoRams!

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    While it appears the Raiders are involved in a three-way tie for the #3 overall, I think the highest they can possibly pick is #4. I don't believe they can pick ahead of Kansas City due to losing a tiebreaker based on conference record.
    that's very informative, thanks for the correction.

great blue north website has it like this:

1 Miami 1-15 .539
    2 St. Louis 3-13 .512
    3* Oakland 4-12 .516
    4* Atlanta 4-12 .516
    5* Kansas City 4-12 .516
    6 NY Jets 4-12 .523
    7 NE (from SF) 5-11 .465
    8 Baltimore 5-11 .516
    9 Cincinnati 7-9 .461
    10 New Orleans 7-9 .477

* flipping a coin

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    The Rams will not draft another RB while we have SJ. NFL teams cannot afford to shell out all that cash for two players who do essentially the same thing. SJ is proven and under contract. I just hope we are able to sign our picks early so they can actually contribute in 2008. GoRams!
    Really, then how do you explain????

Duece McAllister and Reggie Bush

OR

A Peterson and Chester Taylor

moloch41 is offline Registered User

That's why Softi wasn't at the game in AZ on Sunday- he was busy scouting all tight ends in all the college bowl games. Linehan is licking his chops, thinking about all the high draft picks he can waste on TEs that he's never going to throw to...

Truth is offline Registered User

Let's see...our front office and a second overall pick. Hmmmm...what will we do with that pick. I know, let's pick-up a new kicker!
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Am I the only one who wouldn't object to us drafting McFadden? Of course its not a need, but our offense clearly needs help all over the place and another playmaker would be very welcome in my mind.
    I wouldn't object at all. It's never a bad thing adding the top talent.
    Last edited by PossumBoy9; -12-31-2007 at 03:26 PM.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Exclamation Correction !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    that's very informative, thanks for the correction.

great blue north website has it like this:

1 Miami 1-15 .539
    2 St. Louis 3-13 .512
    3* Oakland 4-12 .516
    4* Atlanta 4-12 .516
    5* Kansas City 4-12 .516
    6 NY Jets 4-12 .523
    7 NE (from SF) 5-11 .465
    8 Baltimore 5-11 .516
    9 Cincinnati 7-9 .461
    10 New Orleans 7-9 .477

* flipping a coin
    It seems the information about Kansas City winning a tiebreaker over Oakland due to conference record was incorrect....

http://www.gbnreport.com/

December 31
    (11:30 AM): That didn't take long... As expected, Miami has fired general manager Randy Mueller. The move paves the way for Bill Parcells, the Dolphins new vice president of football operations, to hire his own man to fill the vacancy. There is no word, though, on the fate of head coach Cam Cameron who will reportedly meet with Parcells tomorrow. There is also growing speculation that the Dolphins will be actively looking to trade the #1 pick at the 2008 draft for a package of picks.
    (8:00 AM): Early draft order update.... Thanks to eagle-eyed reader Rick D we are were probably incorrect in our earlier assessment of how the 3-4-5 picks at the 2008 will play out. In fact, it appears that Oakland will pick ahead of Kansas City as the next applicable tie-breaker for the two team is record against common opponents rather than conference record. Oakland has a 1-11 record against common opponents with the Chiefs and so would pick ahead of Kansas City. As a result, the Raiders will pick 3rd or 4th and Kansas City 4th or 5th. There is also plenty of confusion out there regarding where Atlanta fits in. The Atlanta Journal-Constitutuion for example has a story which has the Falcons picking third because they have a worse divisional record (1-5) than either Oakland (2-4) or Kansas City (2-4), however, our take is that divisional records only apply for teams in the same division and of course Atlanta isn't in the AFC West. Also, in response to several queries, any coin flips usually take place during the scouting combine in February however there is no set rule on that.

As far as the Rams trading down is concerned, this is probably good news. It will be better if teams that covet McFadden, such as Oakland & Atlanta, are directly behind the Rams, rather than Kansas City.

Thirty-Nine is offline Registered User

"There is also growing speculation that the Dolphins will be actively looking to trade the #1 pick at the 2008 draft for a package of picks."

I love it when I might be right

Go Rams! :r

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Who knows what Parecells is going to do. The Dolphins could go in so many different directions and Long is one of those directions. I think Parcells will go after a FA QB and with Ronnie brown and a decent line. It boils down to Dorsey or Chris Long since Dorsey is better suited for the 4-3 Long is a big option. Lets just hope he doesn't want him.
    My guess is Parcells trades down.........that's exactly how we got Pace; he might deal again.

As for hoping the #1 spot doesn't go to Chris Long......I agree, but would Dorsey be that bad a consolation? I know St. Louis would give a collective gasp with another 1st round DT, but Glover will be mid-30's next season and Wroten will still be Wroten.....I'm sorry, did I say Wroten, I meant brain-dead-waste-of-talent-and-cap-space.

Either Chris Long and/or Glenn Dorsey will be available to boost our pass rush. There's no way we can screw this up. Wait, did I say "there's no way we can screw this up"? I apologize the our front office for underestimating them. Of course, there's a way they can screw this up.........I'm sure the starting TE for University of Rhode Island School of Cosmetology and Truck Driving is worth the #2 pick!:x
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

keith m. klink Guest

atlanta looks like they found the re-emergence of chris redmon . i thought he was a really good prospect a few years ago , and never got the chance . but i would have to think with the loss of VICK , the falcons need a franchise face , so who is it , McFADDEN , atlanta will trade up .

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    As for hoping the #1 spot doesn't go to Chris Long......I agree, but would Dorsey be that bad a consolation? I know St. Louis would give a collective gasp with another 1st round DT, but Glover will be mid-30's next season and Wroten will still be Wroten.....I'm sorry, did I say Wroten, I meant brain-dead-waste-of-talent-and-cap-space.
    HUb besides Mr. Wroten's 4 game drug suspension, what other info are you basing your assertions on? I have also heard some rumblings, but they are all sketchy on details. Do you have any other "red flags" we should know about?

WHAT SAY YE?

rampete is offline Registered User

Re: Correction !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    It seems the information about Kansas City winning a tiebreaker over Oakland due to conference record was incorrect....

...As far as the Rams trading down is concerned, this is probably good news. It will be better if teams that covet McFadden, such as Oakland & Atlanta, are directly behind the Rams, rather than Kansas City.
    thanks for the correction, part two...and yes, it may be good for the rams in that scenario...
    or at least, it should be...but with our personnel evaluator in zygmunt with his pocket supercomputer, who knows what the FO will do...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123