Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Rams have really filled their needs... except one.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Rams have really filled their needs... except one.

I am really impressed with the thorough, methodical and cost-effective way the Rams are filling their primary needs. At this point, they've really hit just about every true need area:

Offensive Guard: Signing Harvey Dahl was a big move. He is clearly an upgrade and should be able to be productive through the end of his contract. Restructuring Jacob Bell was also a key move. The Rams' O line could be a real strength this year.

Wide Receiver/Tight End: While it remains to be seen who will emerge as the top receiving threats, there can be no question that the Rams have a deeper talent pool with the addition of Mike Sims-Walker, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas and Lance Kendricks. Add the return to health of Donnie Avery and Michael Hoomanawanui, and the Rams receiving corps may surprise.

Defensive Line:
    At the start of the offseason, most agreed that an upgrade was needed at one DT spot, and depth was needed given the ages of Fred Robbins and James Hall. Enter Robert Quinn, Justin Bannan and Daniel Muir, and the Rams are now pretty deep on the D line.

Outside Linebacker:
    The Rams have added Zac Diles, who should be an upgrade, and appear to be shopping for more depth at the LB position. Rookie Jabara Williams could also help, at least on special teams.

Safety:
    With the loss of O.J. Atogwe, the Rams needed to make a splash at the position, and did so with the addition of Quintin Mikell. They also added youth with Jermale Hines (who might be able to help at WLB too) and Jonathan Nelson. Restructuring James Butler and signing Al Harris (who might be able to play FS) also could help.

What's left?

Well, for the third year in a row, Rams fans everywhere continue to ask... who will back up Steven Jackson?

The answer may come in the next two or three days. I think the Front Office will continue their good work and find the right guy.
    MauiRam and Jonze like this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Rams have really filled their needs... except one.

There is always the possibility the Rams could wait even longer on a rb or two while camp and preseason games progress. If one of our wideouts makes a splash but there isn't room to keep him (we've got nice logjam there), we could trade to a team overstocked at rb. My guess is we will sign someone (likely one of the guys mentioned mentioned in the PD) in the next few days, and then add another later on as rosters are trimmed. It would be nice to get a Ronnie Brown style of runner who could take over for Steven in the event of an injury, and then a small really quick 3rd down back with good hands. With everything the Rams have done up until now in FA, I am not worried - this year it appears the Rams have brought home the bacon ..

YuccaTrash is offline Registered User

They picked up Ronnie Brown from Miami. Im lookin forward to seein what that combo can do. I do wish we would have picked up Rice, but Im more then happy with what we did thats for sure! Go Rams!!

A friend told me we signed him, but I checked it out an it hasnt happened yet. Sorry guys my bad lol maybe wishful thinking??
    Last edited by YuccaTrash; -08-01-2011 at 06:54 PM.

rampower is offline Registered User

Where do you get the brown info?
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

thoey is offline Registered User

Have not heard anything about an agreement on Brown. NFL and Twitter still say he's a free agent.
    This space for rent...