Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams have signed Jeff Robinson

I think you would all agree that having Robinson on our roster is a great upgrade over Collins. --.ramfan.
    Yes, I totally agree. Jeff Robinson is not only a great LS -- and as you said, TTA61, we already have a very good one in Massey -- but Robinson is also a savvy pro, knows much of the Rams offense, and is up there as a leader.

Good hands. I think he'll score a few TDs this season but his personal / professional presence will also be quite useful.

Why, he could even play DE if the Rams were in a crisis there (let's hope not).

I'm glad Robinson is a Ram again. And so is he.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Yeah, he was a converted Defensive Tackle, right? Perhaps Martz saw this as an opportunity to have a backup Tight End, Long Snapper, Defensive Lineman, etc..., etc...

I think Massey stays, but this puts him in a vulnerable spot where the Rams could let him go in a bind to pick up another player. (not sure what all the rules are on doing that mid year?)

Whatever, I like having 1 more Superbowl Ram on the team. I think, for chemistry and leadership purposes, Robinson, and Roland Williams are guys that will help them during times of adversity.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

But don’t expect the lighter (down to about 255 pounds) Robinson to do much deep snapping. Coach Mike Martz said Robinson will get the chance to make his mark as a tight end.
    He adds good depth. But it will be interesting to see if the lighter weight effects his blocking as a TE. Also it will be interesting to see if he is rusty from not getting much playing time at TE for Dallas.

As for Defensive Line, He will never see time on the Defensive Line. He used to be a DE but he is to light and has not played there in years.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-07-2005 at 06:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12