throwback week

Bosna-Ram Guest

Rams have talked with Nebraska OG Keith Williams

by: vanram

Nebraska offensive guard Keith Williams told the boys at NFL Draft Bible that he has spoken with reps from the St. Louis Rams. The Rams need on the interior offensive line is well documented after last season, particularly the need for better run blocking. So who is this Williams guy?

At 6'5" 310 lbs Williams has been a starter since his sophomore season, part of an impressive Nebraska offensive line. That line has been a key part of the Cornhusker resurgence. Their offense had 10 games with at least 200 rushing yards last year.

According to this scouting report from the National Football Post, Williams possesses the ideal lower body for an interior lineman paired with strong arms. In fact, he predicted big things for himself on the bench press at the Combine in the same interview where he revealed that the Rams have talked to him.

The same report notes that he's a great run blocker, efficient when pulling and getting to the second level. BUT, the report is not as convinced about his pass blocking ability.
    A tough, nasty Nebraska offensive lineman who can create movement in the run game. Plays a bit too straight-legged in the pass game, but has snap through the hips off the football and should be able to make a roster as a rookie and at worst provide some depth inside.
    My question is what does Williams have that John Greco doesn't?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams have talked with Nebraska OG Keith Williams

I'm pretty sure we had a nasty guard from Nebraska before, and i was pretty happy when he was cut

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Incognito? So now any other players from Nebraska are tainted? Please. Williams is a beast who will play on Sundays.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

thermobee is online now Registered User

They are going to talk to a lot of players before the draft and draft very few of them. Useless information in my opinion, no offense.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    They are going to talk to a lot of players before the draft and draft very few of them. Useless information in my opinion, no offense.
    Hey Thermbee give Bosnaram a break I know you premised your answer with IMO but Bosna I like the details you've listed about this player even if they are going to talk to alot of players. The fact that he is one of them at least puts him on the radar screen . Good Job!!

thermobee is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorram View Post
    Hey Thermbee give Bosnaram a break I know you premised your answer with IMO but Bosna I like the details you've listed about this player even if they are going to talk to alot of players. The fact that he is one of them at least puts him on the radar screen . Good Job!!
    Hey nothing against the man. He is a bro

No, not any other players from Nebraska. Guards from Nebraska who get called "nasty".

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I see what you are saying now, but I disagree with the nasty tag on this player. Williams is an Honor Roll art major that volunteers with hospital visits. He has been penalized for holding and probably false starts, but nothing like Incognito getting flagged for spitting. He is not a dirty player. He is a long-term starter at a critical position.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Ahh i see, i like guys that play hard, but not dirty