Rambos is offline Registered User

Rams to hire Saunders?

Rams Offense - TM - STL - Jan. 27 - 10:54 am et
    League sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the Rams' offensive coordinator job is Al Saunders' if he wants it.
    The Rams have only interviewed two OC candidates so far, Hue Jackson and Ken Zampese. Saunders, 60, would be the biggest coup of the three, but it's uncertain whether he still wants to coach after being fired by Washington. Jan. 27 - 10:54 am et
    Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Don't blame the Rams FO if a guy has other options and says no. It's not because we have not tried. My gut tells me if we don't hear the new he took the job Monday or Tuesday we will end up with Ken Zampese.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-28-2008 at 01:17 PM.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams to hire Saunders?

Put enough zeroes in a check and you can convince anyone. They have to show more motivation and do a better job of convincing a canidate that it's a great position to accept than they did with Cameron. BTW, didn't Linehan claim to have a huge list of possible canidates that he was contemplating??? Yet, only two formal interviews with guys that have no previous coordinator experience. Funny.
    Last edited by moloch41; -01-28-2008 at 01:19 PM.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams to hire Saunders?

League sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the Rams' offensive coordinator job is Al Saunders' if he wants it.
    IF the ever-present "League Sources" are to be trusted, this news tells me two things:

1. John Shaw is still in charge. --- This just doesn't sound like a Linehan statement; an open-ended offer to a man with a philsophy so different to his own. For Linehan to say this is equivalent to, "I give up. The offense is yours. I'll just stand here, calling timeouts, and throwing red flags."

2. John Shaw is either NOT very creative, or putting a lot of value in old success formulas. --- Remember the last time this happened? Problem: floundering HC with a lockerroom on the edge of revolt. Solution: Dictate to the HC that some changes will be made; beginning with the decision to bring in one of Don Coryell's (philosophically speaking) top students.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod