r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams Hope Freshness Counts

Rams hope freshness counts

12 hours ago BY JIM THOMAS jthomas@post-dispatch.com

LONDON While the Rams have been practicing all week in England, acclimating themselves to colder weather and a big change in time zones, New England arrived Friday morning.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick decided to do all his game-planning and practicing in Foxboro, Mass., before crossing the Atlantic with his team. Jeff Fisher did just the opposite doing all of that in London.

Does that give the Rams an advantage? Will the Patriots be groggy at kickoff, which comes at 5 p.m. London time (noon, St. Louis time) at Wembley Stadium?

"Bill's got his philosophy," Fisher said Friday. "I think they look at it from the standpoint of they go play West Coast teams, and this trip's probably an hour, hour and a half longer than going to the West Coast.

"We looked at it differently. We wanted to get over and get adjusted and get into a normal practice routine, so we can get rested up. I wanted them to know exactly where they are at 5 p.m. on Sunday."

By Friday, the Rams' fourth day in London, most of the players had gotten over jet lag.

"Our schedule's been pretty much the same," safety Craig Dahl said. "Other than the accents and the weather and the food, I wouldn't have known we're in London."

Speaking of food, Dahl was among several players who dined Thursday night at one of the restaurants of renowned chef Gordon Ramsay.

"We had pigeon, duck some of the guys had the duck liver," Dahl said.

Pigeon?

"I had a bite of pigeon," Dahl said. "It was delicious. Very odd, but delicious."

AMENDOLA'S STATUS

Wide receiver Danny Amendola isn't expected to play Sunday but was listed as questionable for New England after practicing on a limited basis all week. The questionable designation means a player has a 50-50 chance of playing.

Amendola indicated Thursday that a realistic goal for his return was Nov. 11 at San Francisco, which follows next week's bye. He suffered a separated SC joint the joint where the collarbone meets the breastbone Oct. 4 against Arizona.

As for the rest of Friday's injury report, LT Rodger Saffold (knee) and DE Eugene Sims (knee) were ruled out for Sunday.

Besides Amendola, LB Mario Haggan (thigh), DT Matt Conrath (knee), TE Mike McNeill (knee) and OT Wayne Hunter (back) were listed as questionable. Hunter didn't practice all week and hasn't played since Oct. 14 in Miami.

Wide receiver Brandon Gibson (illness) is probable.

HAGGAN CLOSE

After missing the last two games with a thigh injury suffered against Arizona, linebacker Mario Haggan returned to the practice field this week on a limited basis.

"I'm still not quite there yet, but I look forward to it when it comes," said Haggan, one of the team's core special teams players and a respected veteran.

Haggan, a 10-year pro, said he had never missed a game in the NFL, college, or high school because of injury until now. Like Amendola, Haggan said a Nov. 11 return against San Francisco is realistic.

"I'm just fortunate we get a bye and I get to heal up a little more," he said.

He suffered his thigh injury chasing down Arizona's Patrick Peterson on punt coverage. "It happened about 15 yards before I got to Peterson. It just kind of gave out it popped."

DANCES WITH RAMS

Actor Kevin Costner, who's in town making a movie, watched the Rams practice Friday. Most of the practice was closed to the media as was the case Wednesday and Thursday but Fisher said Costner threw the ball around for about an hour.

FINNEGAN FINED

Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan has a little less cash this week for souvenirs in London. He was fined $7,875 by the league for grabbing the facemask of Green Bay wide receiver Jordy Nelson on a fourth-quarter reception last week.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Rams Hope Freshness Counts

Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan has a little less cash this week for souvenirs in London. He was fined $7,875 by the league for grabbing the facemask of Green Bay wide receiver Jordy Nelson on a fourth-quarter reception last week.

Did fitz get fined when he took Jenkins head off to avoid a pick six by grabbing his face mask?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Did fitz get fined when he took Jenkins head off to avoid a pick six by grabbing his face mask?
    Yeah he got fined the exact same amount as Finny did.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Ok I feel better now.

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Rams hope freshness counts

12 hours ago BY JIM THOMAS jthomas@post-dispatch.com

LONDON While the Rams have been practicing all week in England, acclimating themselves to colder weather and a big change in time zones, New England arrived Friday morning.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick decided to do all his game-planning and practicing in Foxboro, Mass., before crossing the Atlantic with his team. Jeff Fisher did just the opposite doing all of that in London.

Does that give the Rams an advantage? Will the Patriots be groggy at kickoff, which comes at 5 p.m. London time (noon, St. Louis time) at Wembley Stadium?

"Bill's got his philosophy," Fisher said Friday. "I think they look at it from the standpoint of they go play West Coast teams, and this trip's probably an hour, hour and a half longer than going to the West Coast.

"We looked at it differently. We wanted to get over and get adjusted and get into a normal practice routine, so we can get rested up. I wanted them to know exactly where they are at 5 p.m. on Sunday."

By Friday, the Rams' fourth day in London, most of the players had gotten over jet lag.

"Our schedule's been pretty much the same," safety Craig Dahl said. "Other than the accents and the weather and the food, I wouldn't have known we're in London."

Speaking of food, Dahl was among several players who dined Thursday night at one of the restaurants of renowned chef Gordon Ramsay.

"We had pigeon, duck some of the guys had the duck liver," Dahl said.

Pigeon?

"I had a bite of pigeon," Dahl said. "It was delicious. Very odd, but delicious."

AMENDOLA'S STATUS

Wide receiver Danny Amendola isn't expected to play Sunday but was listed as questionable for New England after practicing on a limited basis all week. The questionable designation means a player has a 50-50 chance of playing.

Amendola indicated Thursday that a realistic goal for his return was Nov. 11 at San Francisco, which follows next week's bye. He suffered a separated SC joint the joint where the collarbone meets the breastbone Oct. 4 against Arizona.

As for the rest of Friday's injury report, LT Rodger Saffold (knee) and DE Eugene Sims (knee) were ruled out for Sunday.

Besides Amendola, LB Mario Haggan (thigh), DT Matt Conrath (knee), TE Mike McNeill (knee) and OT Wayne Hunter (back) were listed as questionable. Hunter didn't practice all week and hasn't played since Oct. 14 in Miami.

Wide receiver Brandon Gibson (illness) is probable.

HAGGAN CLOSE

After missing the last two games with a thigh injury suffered against Arizona, linebacker Mario Haggan returned to the practice field this week on a limited basis.

"I'm still not quite there yet, but I look forward to it when it comes," said Haggan, one of the team's core special teams players and a respected veteran.

"I'm just fortunate we get a bye and I get to heal up a little more," he said.

He suffered his thigh injury chasing down Arizona's Patrick Peterson on punt coverage. "It happened about 15 yards before I got to Peterson. It just kind of gave out it popped."

DANCES WITH RAMS

Actor Kevin Costner, who's in town making a movie, watched the Rams practice Friday. Most of the practice was closed to the media as was the case Wednesday and Thursday but Fisher said Costner threw the ball around for about an hour.

FINNEGAN FINED

Haggan, a 10-year pro, said he had never missed a game in the NFL, college, or high school because of injury until now. Like Amendola, Haggan said a Nov. 11 return against San Francisco is realistic.

This is incredible to me. The man has NEVER missed a game in his entire career starting in high school and he becomes a Ram and already sustains an injury and has missed some games.

There is something that just isn't right about all of our injuries. Every year it is the same song and dance.

I wish I knew what is going on here.

WHAT SAY YE?