throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramfan247 Guest

Re: Rams' Incognito Looks To Repair Image With Fans

I literally get red in the face when I think about all the repetetive and unnecessary penalties Incognito got us last year. It made me more mad than I think I've ever been watching a football game. He acts like a spoiled child on and off the field. I hate that hes still on this team.

RealRam is offline Registered User

As far as I'm concerned, this is the year when the Cog will show his real colors, i.e., the good OL he CAN be!

I believe in this man, that he will return, in effect, with a more mature mentality. GO RICHIEEEEE!

That he may show courage in adjusting his character for the benefit of the team.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Cogs has the intensity that we need on our "entire" team. He just needs to learn how to keep it in check. I don't like the dirty play he needs to clean that up also.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Cogs has the intensity that we need on our "entire" team. He just needs to learn how to keep it in check. I don't like the dirty play he needs to clean that up also.
    Exactly. Haslett wasn't lying when he said that he was our best lineman. Because he is. WHEN he's in control of himself. He has not only the physical ability, but he has a huge nasty streak that just wants to punish the enemy. ALL of our lineman need that, and Smith is supposed to have a raging one, so that strong side run game should be devastating, so long as Cogs keeps himself in check.

I love Cogs for how much he wants to do for the team, but can't stand that he loses his cool. Even being a "dirty" player doesn't annoy me much because he can get the job done by psyching out the other guys too that way. I'll fully enjoy voting for his pro bowl berth this year so long as those penalties go away... same with Barron.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

A top-tier OG needs......

......run blocking skills? YES
    ......pass blocking skills? YES
    ......a good public image? NO

What is this? American Idol? Are we voting these guys into the next round now? Welcome to Hollywood, Dog!

The team can do without penalties (and that goes for every player), but I LOVE that Cogs has the reputation he has. I've read three different stories from last season that have just Seahawks players commenting on how they have to keep an eye on Cogs. That's just one team. There's 12 other teams on the schedule that have to "keep an eye" on him as well. And if they are keeping an eye on him, that's a distraction from where their attention should be.........S-Jack.

Like I've said a million times, Cogs is an adequate pass blocker (certainly needs to step this up), a solid run blocker, an outstanding pulling/chipping blocker, and a successful distraction.

Again, the penalties need to be harnessed, but with that in check Cogs is an asset.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramfan247 View Post
    I literally get red in the face when I think about all the repetetive and unnecessary penalties Incognito got us last year. It made me more mad than I think I've ever been watching a football game. He acts like a spoiled child on and off the field. I hate that hes still on this team.
    ramfan247

Do you get red in the face with the foolish penalties from everyone else-namely Alex Barron? Look the Rams have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL for a long time now, so it is an endemic problem with this TEAM. Let's hope that Spags can get it fixed.

Remember, rage against the machine not just one Cog.

WHAT SAY YE?

rage against the machine not just one Cog
    Very clever.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    I hope he stays disciplined enough to be signed long-term after this season. I've been waiting to buy Incognito's jersey ever since he was drafted.
    Evil, I have thought about that to, I think his jersey would be really cool,68 and with his name it would look good, I would make sure mine fits a little better than his, he may want to go up a size. but I am also waiting for him to sign long term,I already have a closet full of ex-rams jerseys.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Evil, I have thought about that to, I think his jersey would be really cool,68 and with his name it would look good, I would make sure mine fits a little better than his, he may want to go up a size. but I am also waiting for him to sign long term,I already have a closet full of ex-rams jerseys.
    He may prefer to have a tight jersey as there is less for a DL to grab a hold of. As they say all the time, there could be penalties called on every play. Unfortunately for Cogs, he has come into focus by the refs due to his personality. Fix the personality and he'll be fine. I hate for us to let him go and then see that he learns his lesson else where and becomes a pro bowl guard.
    This space for rent...

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A top-tier OG needs......

......run blocking skills? YES
    ......pass blocking skills? YES
    ......a good public image? NO

I agree with this thought, however, he should try to keep a good public image with our fans. We should like him for who he is, but he certainly didn't do himself any favors with his actions towards the fans.

I do agree that a gritty lineman is better than a pretty lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I agree with this thought, however, he should try to keep a good public image with our fans.
    Shower, I agree that I would "like" for him to have a better fan interaction aura, however, ultimately I don't care what his image is to the fans as long as he can block. He can kick kittens and spit on the Arch, as long as he keeps a path open for S-Jack and Bulger perpendicular to the ground. But that's just me.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd add getting rid of those stupid penalties to that as well Hub, but that's what I care about as well: his blocking first, second and third.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'd add getting rid of those stupid penalties to that as well Hub, but that's what I care about as well: his blocking first, second and third.
    Yes, amen & exactly.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

He seemed like a pretty cool guy in his meet the players video during one of the games near the end of last season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12