MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams' Incognito out to change his ways .. from PFW.

By Dan Arkush
    Picking up on the very positive vibe team sources tell us has been produced by new strength and conditioning coach Rock Gullickson, we hear that no Rams player has been more fired up than starting ORG Rich Incognito. Word is Incognito has set the pace in the weight room this offseason and has really made a strong first impression on new head coach Steve Spagnuolo, who likes his linemen to be as physical as the rules allow. Abiding by the rules, however, has been a well-documented problem for Incognito, whose ill-timed behavioral brain cramps have made him the No. 1 whipping boy for frustrated Rams fans the last couple of seasons. Incognito is on record this offseason as saying he wants to become “a more mature player” — a smart move on his part considering that he’s entering his contract year. “With everything he’s done, I’ll believe it when I see it,” one team insider said. “There’s no doubt he fits Spagnuolo’s mold and has a chance to make a lot of money.”

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Incognito out to change his ways .. from PFW.

New coach, contract year, he's playing his cards right. I think you may see a kinder, gentler, Cogs this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Let's face it though people. Cogs is a solid player in this league. He has everything you look for in a Lineman. Tough, ferocious, determined. The guy simple stated just wants to win and will do anything for that W. I would prefer if we had more guys like him on our team!!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Let's face it though people. Cogs is a solid player in this league. He has everything you look for in a Lineman. Tough, ferocious, determined. The guy simple stated just wants to win and will do anything for that W. I would prefer if we had more guys like him on our team!!!
    Nothing to add to this: very well said!

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Tough, ferocious, determined, but not focused .. If he would focus more on technique, and blocking the guys he's responsible for instead of trying to be the "Sheriff" -- he'd draw fewer flags which would go a long way toward helping his team win .. Hopefully during Spags and Shurmur's tenure, he'll find the discipline he's lacked thus far in his career ...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Maui and Bruce are both right. He's an amazing talent, but he's not always focused. When he's in control of himself and is working as a team with the other lineman, he can be a top lineman in the game in my opinion. The problem is that he has a hard, hot head, and it gets him into trouble. If he gets himself under control I see great things for the offense ahead.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I would prefer that he keep his "hot head", but simply like you all said, FOCUS. Saying "kind" and "gentle" don't win you the football game. Using your intensity and rage between the whistles does. That's the only thing he has to get down. Play the same way, but between the lines, instead of over them.

If he can bring his attitude and strength to the plate between the whistles, and keep it reserved between plays, we WILL see a change in him. Nobody has to tell him to change his attitude or the way he plays, they just need to tell him WHEN it is okay to be that way. If they/he can do that, than this will be an interesting line.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Makersncoke View Post
    New coach, contract year, he's playing his cards right. I think you may see a kinder, gentler, Cogs this year.

A kinder, gentler Cogs...

I take it you meant a "nastier, tougher" Gogs. But as already mentioned in previous posts, a more focused Richie will be great for the Rams. He's got the right OL mentality, size, and talent. And it seems he is definitely adjusting his attitude to become more effective overall.

GO RICHIEEEEE!