RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Ram's Infiniti Analysis Game 3 @ TB

Took awhile to simmer down but here are some comments about the game:

1. Offensive game planning is horrible. Read my previous post. I've played against, coached, and been involved in the Cover 2 scheme. How do you beat it? You throw vertically. Sounds simple enough. Did we throw vertical? Of course not. No attempts over 25 yards if I recall correctly.

2. You can blame Bulger all your fault, but his slow start is a result of the poor game planning. He is so efficient at throwing 20-25 yards downfield, yet we have him throwing 5 stay routes a game. At one point his line read 15-21, 87 yards, 1 int. 15 completions for 87 yards. That is ridiculous.

3. Brandon Chillar has played better than ANYONE on this defense this year. He has great size but lacks speed, that's why he struggled the past couple of years when the line got no push. They are getting some push now and he is making some plays.

4. I thought the defense had a great game for 3 quarters again. But as I've preached before, we are undersized and they will wear down. They were gassed by the fourth quarter and that is the offense's fault.

5. Olson has got to go.

6. We need to sign Timmerman now that Setterstrom is likely lost.

7. Love S.J.'s effort. He gets hit and keeps on rolling! Gotta love it.

8. Drew Bennett who? Let's look at the stats of our castoffs:

K. Curtis 17-302-3
    S. McDonald 18-237-2
    K. Warner 15-20-258-2 TD

D. Bennet 4-42-0

That is pitiful.

9. Dante Hall who? He's been worthless. He stutters then stops, never makes the 20 yard line.

10. Chris Draft is superior to Pisa. HANDS DOWN! He is bigger and stronger and needs to be the starter.

11. Where is Leonard Little?

12. Explain to me why Jeff Wilkins has been placing kickoffs 5-10 yards deep then all the sudden he puts one in the back of the endzone? Can we rely on this guy anymore? I think we had another kicker here in preseaon who looked pretty good.

13. We badly need a deep threat. I really think we need to sit Hall and try out Hagans.

14. The line looked pretty good protecting Bulger, although the game plan was horribly vanilla. Looks like Incognito may be back next week.

15. Sure wish we would get McMichael involved.

16. The D-line again got a decent push. Our pass rush is very inconsistent, but at times looks awesome. We should have had 5 sacks yesterday, but look Garcia squirm away.

17. Secondary looked pretty solid again for the most part.

18. Something has been bothering me. I REALLY hope the defense was out of steam and the end and just didn't give up.

19. Bulger's interceptions did NOT lose this game. The first one was a great snag. Bennett didn't even make an effort on the one in the endzone, although it didn't have enough air. The third didn't matter.

20. Wilkins DID lose this game. Missing those field goals completely took the air out of whatever offensive momentum we had.

21. We are awesome between the 20's. We look like high schoolers in the red zone.

22. We better lock up Chillar, NOW! He is going to be a big time LB'er, I've been telling you.

23. Trevor Johnson is a good end. He needs more reps.

24. We CAN beat Dallas next week. We CAN win the division.

25. How do you have a 13 play, 8 minute drive and get ZERO points!

26. Overall, I'm stunned at the game yesterday. This defense is much improved and keeps putting us in position to be able to win games. We should have been up 17-0 yesterday and not had to worry about the defense wearing down. If we can ever build a lead on something, we can start implementing more blitzes, which is going to make over D even more menacing. For now, the O is locked in park and we stand no chance to win a game against anybody scoring less than 10 points.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Ram's Infiniti Analysis Game 3 @ TB

Does anyone remember what the kicker's name from the preseason was?

cfh128 is online now Registered User

Re: Ram's Infiniti Analysis Game 3 @ TB

Kevin Lovell