Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Rams interested in Cowboys WR coach Ray Sherman

via Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the Rams have requested permission to interview Cowboys WRs coach Ray Sherman and Dolphins DBs coach Todd Bowles regarding their head-coaching vacancy.
    Sherman had more talent to work with than any receivers coach in the league in 2008, but his unit was full of disappointments. Bowles' secondary was mediocre at best. The Rams can get either guy on the cheap, however, and that's their main priority. They're not willing to spend much money on a coach.
    seems like another strange possible candidate.

Re: Rams interested in Rams WR coach Ray Sherman

..and that should say Cowboy's WR coach. if anyone wants to fix that

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I have a feeling that they have already decided on Haslett and by going through this process and interviewing this group of guys it will justify in there minds that Haslett would be the sensible choice because of his experince in the HC role with the Rams instead of these guys who may not be ready yet,just a crazy thought I have and this way they can tell the fans they did a seasrch and this is how it had to go.

Re: Rams interested in Cowboys WR coach Ray Sherman

I don't think there is anyways the Rams can remain with Haslett. I like Haslett personally, but I don't think he has done anything here worth giving him the HC position. His defenses during his 2.25 seasons as a head coach have been terrible and he has a 2-10 record this year as a HC.. including a 10 game losing streak!!.. sure some of the veterans nearing the end of their careers want him around... but what does that tell you about the state of the team??? they're comfortable being this bad?? they like playing for their buddy Jim.. no big deal they can't beat a pathetic Seahawks team?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I don't like this. Personally I want a defensive minded head coach. He can then bring in a top coordinator for the offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I don't like this. Personally I want a defensive minded head coach. He can then bring in a top coordinator for the offense.

true to that-- enough with the Rams fascination with O-men

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

""The Rams can get either guy on the cheap, however, and that's their main priority. They're not willing to spend much money on a coach.""

What a PATHETIC commentary. Exactly why this team is a WASTE OF TIME for all associated (fans, players, coaches) until it is SOLD. Get used to drafting at the top as long as Chipper runs the show.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RealRam is offline Registered User

Dallas WRs coach Sherman. No thanks. He may be influenced by Terrell Owens in some way or another.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I don't get it, we have our own capable WR coach in Henry Ellard. I'll like him more than anyone who's ever stepped foot in Dallas.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I have a feeling that they have already decided on Haslett and by going through this process and interviewing this group of guys it will justify in there minds that Haslett would be the sensible choice because of his experince in the HC role with the Rams instead of these guys who may not be ready yet,just a crazy thought I have and this way they can tell the fans they did a seasrch and this is how it had to go.
    Wink, wink. I feel this is just smoke and the Rams have already given Haslette the answers to all the test questions. Good post jk.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post

What a PATHETIC commentary. Exactly why this team is a WASTE OF TIME for all associated (fans, players, coaches) until it is SOLD. Get used to drafting at the top as long as Chipper runs the show.
    I'm not sure that I'd take this at face value. Remember, football is a business of dollars and cents. Most importantly, it's a business of making dollars and cents. The easiest way to do that is by securing the W's and I'm sure Rosenbloom is smart enough to know that the quickest way there is to spend money on a foundation of coaches and players that will ensure continutity and profit long into the future.

Last Season, he shelled out big bucks getting a 'name' offensive coordinatior for Linehan. That unfortunately hasn't worked out, but it is evidence of Rosenbloom's willingness to spend money to make this franchise a winner. Moreover, Shaw and Zygmunt are no longer at the top and the Rams' reputation of an unwillingness to be frugal stems from their poor decisions both fiscally and with regard to players and personnel. I'd expect Devaney to show a dedication to finding the right coach at the right price.

If Rosenbloom is to remain the owner, and he wants this to remain a profitable venture, he will not hesitate to spend money on the right coach. Doing otherwise is simply bad business.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -01-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I also believe you hit the proverbial nail right on the head JK.Don't forget due to the NFL's ruling earlier the Rams MUST interview all potetial candidates because of the Rooney rule.
    All these announcement are just smoke and mirrors.It makes you feel sorry for those candidates that they are just wasting their time if this is indeed what is going on.

eldfan is offline Registered User

" The Rams can get either guy on the cheap, however, and that's their main priority. They're not willing to spend much money on a coach"

If this is ture keeping Haslett may be the best thing if we are going for the cheapest coach we can find, you pay for what you get the old saying.
    :ramlogo:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

My gut reaction was "who is this guy?", but maybe it's not so bad. Here is some info from a Cowboys blog when they signed him.

He coached Steelers runningbacks and was an offensive coordinator back when the Vikings had a high-powered aerial attack. He has also coached receivers and quarterbacks and been an offensive coordinator for two other teams besides the Vikings. In theory, his experience teaching all the different elements of the offense (except offensive line/tight ends) would be an advantage, and he may have had more of a role than we know in helping the inexperienced Garrett. In any event, he doesn't sound like a total lightweight as far as candidates go.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

This is obviously a joke. Not only is this guy not HC material at this stage, but his unit underperformed woefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast