Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Rams interested in Moss?

The Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Miami Dolphins are among teams considering a waiver claim on Randy Moss, according to league sources on Tuesday.

Several clubs are doing their due diligence, exploring the option and trying to guage what kind of fit Moss, whom Minnesota Vikings intend to waive coach Brad Childress confirmed Monday night, might be, according to sources.

Has Childress lost the locker room?
    "Clearly, in Minnesota, there is some disconnect between the head coach and a lot of the other players," Michael Lombardi told NFL Network. "This is just the tip of the iceberg." More ...

Vikings' Harvin stands to lose the most
    Where could Moss land?
    Vikings fans react
    Wyche: Moss' possible landing spots
    Teams have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to make a claim. Moss is owed roughly $3 million in salary if he is claimed. If he goes unclaimed then the Vikings are responsible for his full salary and the six-time Pro Bowl pick is an unrestricted free agent eligible to sign with any club.

"This decision was made based on what we thought was in the best interests of the Minnesota Vikings, both in the short and long term," Childress said in a statement late Monday. "We wish Randy the best as he moves forward in his career."

Vikings players said that Childress informed them during a Monday morning team meeting that Moss was no longer with the team.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi first reported Moss' release.

Childress did not initially tell management of his desire to part with Moss, according to Lombardi, but Childress did tell the team that Moss would be waived. Childress has control over the 53-man roster.

The Nashville Tennessean quoted coach Jeff Fisher as saying "I've had every player in the building come to my backdoor and say, 'Go get him. Go get him.' "

The Titans, who have a bye this week and would thus have more time to acclimate Moss to their offense, could have a glaring need at wide receiver because of receiver Kenny Britt's hamstring injury. Tennessee also is in the mix for first in the AFC South with a 5-3 record.

Safety Michael Griffin and running back Chris Johnson posted on Twitter that the Titans should "get Randy Moss," but Fisher said their feelings wouldn't factor into the decision.

The Miami Herald also reported, citing sources, that the Dolphins have interest in Moss, who has a home in South Florida. Miami's offense has struggled, and the Dolphins are a playoff contender at 4-3.

The Rams are in contention in the NFC West at 4-4, and their wide receivers group has been decimated with season-ending injuries to Donnie Avery and Mark Clayton. Likewise, the Seahawks, who lead the NFC West at 4-3, could be looking to jazz up an offense that managed just three points against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Built RAM tough

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rams interested in Moss?

I normal circumstances I would say "no way!" but personally, I would be open to pretty much anyone that can stay on the field at this point. It'll be interesting to say the least, what happens with this entire situation in the next few days. There seems to be more and more leaking out every few hours.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I normal circumstances I would say "no way!" but personally, I would be open to pretty much anyone that can stay on the field at this point. It'll be interesting to say the least, what happens with this entire situation in the next few days. There seems to be more and more leaking out every few hours.
    i agree totally....the Rams can also really used a deep threat, and although he's getting up there in age, he is probably still faster than any receivers we have right now...he's just a freak of nature.
    Built RAM tough

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

I say if the there is an interest from the players point of view, as in they are willing to bring him into the locker room then why not
    Defence Wins Championships

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Id go get him for the rest of this season. IMO

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Id go get him for the rest of this season. IMO
    I do not believe you go get him. You have to make a waiver request and if the other 13 teams ahead of the Rams do not make a request then the Rams get him.

Go Rams

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I do not believe you go get him. You have to make a waiver request and if the other 13 teams ahead of the Rams do not make a request then the Rams get him.

Go Rams
    If those are legitimately are the only teams with an interest in picking up Moss, then he is all ours.

Titans - 5-2
    Fins - 4-3
    Hawks - 4-3
    Rams - 4-4 (a solid 4-4 i might add)

So unless someone like the bills steps up and decides they want him Spags just has to pull the trigger
    Defence Wins Championships

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Pick him up for the last 8 games. We have more than a legitimate chance to win the West this year. Getting a wide out like Moss would make us the sure favorites. If anything, he'll take up a double-team and open up the run game for Jaxx. I think he can only bring good regardless of his production.

drummerseahawkboy is offline Registered User

Randy Moss isnt going to the Rams he would come to Seattle before St Louis. That being said Moss is likely to go back to New England or to miami

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drummerseahawkboy View Post
    Randy Moss isnt going to the Rams he would come to Seattle before St Louis. That being said Moss is likely to go back to New England or to miami
    That's not how it works... Seattle and New England and Miami have no chance at him. Frankly, the Rams have no chance either even though they have a better chance than any of those teams you listed. It is based on waiver position and all of these teams are too far down on the list. He has a good chance of ending up in San Francisco if they were interested.

Anyway, I'm all for trying Moss. But there is no way he drops to us.
    Last edited by supachump; -11-02-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Mr. Bradford Jackson is offline Registered User

From what I heard last night on NFL network, the rams r 1st in line on the waiver wire,
    did I hear wrong? Why r some people sayn if the other teams don't want him we can get him?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Thanks for making us all a bit stupider.

Moss doesn't have a choice of where to go.

He will get claimed by a team in reverse order of record.

Currently your Seahawks have a better record than the Rams, meaning he we have first dibs.

Even if he was a unrestricted free agent, you really think he would choose the Seahawks over the Rams.

Boy fans really do see out of rose colored glasses.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bradford Jackson View Post
    From what I heard last night on NFL network, the rams r 1st in line on the waiver wire,
    did I hear wrong? Why r some people sayn if the other teams don't want him we can get him?
    You probably heard that they were first in order for teams that would be interested in Moss.

We are 13th in line.

Teams like Denver and San Fran scare me.

drummerseahawkboy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by c-mob 71 View Post
    thanks for making us all a bit stupider.

Moss doesn't have a choice of where to go.

He will get claimed by a team in reverse order of record.

Currently your seahawks have a better record than the rams, meaning he we have first dibs.

Even if he was a unrestricted free agent, you really think he would choose the seahawks over the rams.

Boy fans really do see out of rose colored glasses.

stupider ??? Really

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

stupider ??? Really
    Yep, Stupider, the sarcasm flew right over the Hawks head ...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast