Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams interested in Moss?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I get what you are saying, but this YOUNG and IMPRESSIONABLE team is not ready for a Randy Moss type player, for many reasons ....
    But they are ready to effectively be told by the front office that it will not jump on an opportunity to better the team at little risk?

Yeah, that's a great message to send...if you want to strive for mediocrity.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    But they are ready to effectively be told by the front office that it will not jump on an opportunity to better the team at little risk?

Yeah, that's a great message to send...if you want to strive for mediocrity.
    The fact that you think bringing in Randy Moss is "little risk" either implies you know nothing about Moss's past, or nothing about how the football locker room works ...

Better the team, like Moss bettered the Raiders and Vikings?

This team clearly believes in the system and the plan. Randy Moss is not a part of this ...

You remind me of the fan sitting behind me at the Dome Sunday. No matter what play was made, they found something wrong with almost every single one ...

If the Rams win 8, you'll complain they missed the playoffs. The make the playoffs, you'll complain they didn't make the NFC championship game. They go to the Super Bowl, you'll complain if they lose. They win the Super Bowl, you'll complain if they don't repeat ....

But congrats, you are the forums most negative poster and until they win the Super Bowl they will be mediocre ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-02-2010 at 03:09 PM.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

This statement bothers me, but I am sure it is what many think - "If it messes up our chemistry then it messes it up."

Do you realize how much time and hard work it's taken to rid these players of the selfish me first losing mentality they had?
    Yep. How many guys that quit on Linehan are still with this team? Spags stepped in and whacked them out of the franchise. You start letting them back in and their rottenness spreads. Guys that now look to JLAU, Bradford and Robbins for inspiration and guidance start looking at Moss as the norm. Why work those extra hours if Moss is a pro-bowler and the team doesn't make HIM do it? No way. You get RID OF THE CHAFF.

The fact that you think bringing in Randy Moss is "little risk" either implies you know nothing about Moss's past, or nothing about how the football locker room works ...

Better the team, like Moss bettered the Raiders and Vikings?

This team clearly believes in the system and the plan. Randy Moss is not a part of this ...

You remind me of the fan sitting behind me at the Dome Sunday. No matter what play was made, they found something wrong with almost every single one ...

If the Rams win 8, you'll complain they missed the playoffs. The make the playoffs, you'll complain they didn't make the NFC championship game. They go to the Super Bowl, you'll complain if they lose. They win the Super Bowl, you'll complain if they don't repeat ....

But congrats, you are the forums most negative poster and until they win the Super Bowl they will be mediocre ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Yep. How many guys that quit on Linehan are still with this team? Spags stepped in and whacked them out of the franchise. You start letting them back in and their rottenness spreads. Guys that now look to JLAU, Bradford and Robbins for inspiration and guidance start looking at Moss as the norm. Why work those extra hours if Moss is a pro-bowler and the team doesn't make HIM do it? No way. You get RID OF THE CHAFF.
    I think you two don't understand the dynamic that let Moss get out of hand. Moss became a "malcontent" because there was weak or undecided leadership on the team. Norv Turner and Art Shell aren't strong coaches and easily lost control of the Raiders and their locker room (whilst further hindered by Al Davis muddling the control waters). Brad Childress is losing/has lost a power struggle with his own quarterback in the locker room and is seeing players challenge him publicly and privately right and left. Conversely Belichick kept him in check for the most part because he runs a tight ship and is clearly in control of the Patriots.

If Steve Spagnuolo is supposed to be this solid coach who can keep his team on task, he can handle Moss for 8 (plus) games. Additionally, if those players you mentioned cannot continue to be role models, they weren't models to begin with.

As for our own initial post-Linehan purge, I'd better describe it as jettisoning incompetent players than jettisoning quitters. We kept the honest to God "quitters" at first and got rid of the guys who couldn't flat out play. Or did you miss the part where we gave Alex Barron one last season under Spagnuolo.

---------------------------------------
    Personally, I believe leadership and setting the tone for the franchise begins from the top. If the front office is effectively saying "Wait until next year" by putting off everything until the draft (including chances to easily plug a major hole on the relative cheap), what should these "YOUNG, IMPRESSIONABLE" players take away from that. That is besides concluding that if the front office doesn't care about the season, they shouldn't either. We aren't sending a message about trying to build a winner, we're sending a message that its ok to not try your best to win when the opportunity presents itself.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Ah Moss isn't a quitter, he's just misunderstood by his previous coaches.

[eyeroll]

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Simple question. Does he fit DeSpags 4 pillars requirement?
    I think this will tell it all.
    I say Spags lets this one roll under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Ah Moss isn't a quitter, he's just misunderstood by his previous coaches.

[eyeroll]
    No, those previous coaches that I named as examples of Moss going out of control were weak and unable to hold him in check. You missed the part where I pointed out that Belichick wasn't weak and did hold him in check.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver reports that Randy Moss' "boorish" behavior in a locker room incident last Friday contributed to the Vikings' decision to cut him loose.

A favorite local restaurant catered the Vikings' buffet Friday. Moss went up to the table and yelled, "What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn't feed this to my dog!" Per the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, the room got quite except for one player who said, "Shut the (expletive) up, Randy." Brett Favre even shot Moss the stink eye. The Vikes also had concerns about Moss' poisonous attitude rubbing off on Percy Harvin. Coach Brad Childress reportedly explained, "This just doesn't fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act."

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Honestly i don't see the harm in getting Randy Moss

Put it this way we have strong leadership in Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford. The players are really buying into the coaching and are playing well for spags.

We have money and if Moss doesnt pan out just cut him like the vikes did (we dont lose a draft pick for it thou)

It will only be for 8 weeks (hopefully more) we are currently on a bye let Moss learn the offense and run his deep routes. If successful it would be great we dont even have to sign him at the end of the year.

Moss is not a 4 pillar player but this can be a worthy experiment to see if we do have strong leadership and coaching in place.

Also Moss will be motivated! He is a free agent and he probably wants more than T.O. money. So here is his chance to show that he deserves it he gets another shot.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -11-02-2010 at 04:40 PM.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I just dont want Moss rubbing off on any of our young players, as it was on Harvin.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    I just dont want Moss rubbing off on any of our young players, as it was on Harvin.
    The Vikings had more "me first" personalities in that locker room than Moss.

/just sayin'

Judaxi is offline Registered User

This is my opinion on Moss, get him. We pick him up, pay him 3 million and see how it pans out. I think that Sjax will keep him from poisoning the locker room, and if he does then you cut him. No skin off our backs. For those who say he didn't help the Vikings I ask you this, did you look at Percy Harvin's stats after Moss joined the team? That's what he gives the Rams. Amendola and our Te's will kill the middle of the field while Moss takes the top off the D. Not to mention it opens up for SJ too. Worst case Scenario: Moss is a doucher and we cut him after paying him 3 million. Best Case Scenario: Moss plays really well, Bradford finally has a deep threat, our offense is dynamic enough to make a playoff push this year. Like I said that's just my opinion.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    --------------------------------------
    Personally, I believe leadership and setting the tone for the franchise begins from the top. If the front office is effectively saying "Wait until next year" by putting off everything until the draft (including chances to easily plug a major hole on the relative cheap), what should these "YOUNG, IMPRESSIONABLE" players take away from that. That is besides concluding that if the front office doesn't care about the season, they shouldn't either. We aren't sending a message about trying to build a winner, we're sending a message that its ok to not try your best to win when the opportunity presents itself.
    And I'm missing the point? Maybe this coaching staff and front office believes we can win with the WR's we have right now ....

Maybe this is why they've passed on V.J. and hopefully will pass on Moss ....

Contrary to how you feel, I am sure this team believes they can win and have a shot, and they do. Gibson is developing nicely, Laurent played well yesterday, these guys who have been here working hard since day one and have grown to believe in the team, they deserve the shot, not a malcontent misfit like Moss ...

Front offices with no vision use 30 something band aids to build contenders. This team is trying to mold its own personality with young, hungry talent ...

If the team goes that route I will support it, but I don't see it. I have a good idea of what this team's vision is. You can see it on the field ...

This team is what it is right now. It's not an overnight Super Bowl contended, but it can win this division as is ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Spags said that when the four pillars philosophy was in place, there's room to bring in one or two who don't quite make those standards. So if he feels Moss is worth the go then that's good enough for me.

On the other hand...

The Vikings have potentially thrown away a lot of money and a third round pick for this guy. I'm not convinced that's simply because he dissed a local restaurant owner. Likely there's more to this one which has stayed behind closed doors. Again, that's for our management to judge.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Why the majority don't get this concept, I cannot understand. Spags and company have a system, and the team is developing nicely in this system ...

We don't need a bad apple thrown into the mix ....

You only need to look to the recent story about Moss throwing a tantrum over the food he was served in the locker room as a reason why you don't want this clown aboard the fun train ...
    I agree, we need WR help but bringing in Moss and trying to get him to fit in to this teams makeup would be equal to the square peg in round hole theory.we need a guy who is young,hungry to keep a job and coachable,Moss is none of these.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast