Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    bruce4life is online now Registered User

Re: Rams interested in Moss?

You play to win the game... Moss helps us the the game= therefore we pick him up... Basic math people hahaha

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Why the majority don't get this concept, I cannot understand. Spags and company have a system, and the team is developing nicely in this system ...

We don't need a bad apple thrown into the mix ....

You only need to look to the recent story about Moss throwing a tantrum over the food he was served in the locker room as a reason why you don't want this clown aboard the fun train ...
    Pefectly stated. While I understand fans' inquiries when (talented) players are available, quite frankly I'm getting a bit tired of the constant desire to pick up the latest malcontent/character risk on the market (Vick, V-Jax, Moss) and subsequent bellyaching when we don't make a play for them. Prostituting yourself to get a talented but problematic guy always has dire consequences- it's just a matter of when, and it's not worth the gamble.

I have had the privilege of being both a past athlete and currently in a profession which deals with the dynamic of team sports everyday. It is obvious some simply do not understand how one guy- talented as he may be- can be a team cancer and wreck months of hard work, undermining you every step of the way and getting in the ears of otherwise good players and infecting their approach. Anyone who has been paying attention sees that Spags and Devaney understand this and have tried to do things the right way. They've weeded out the uncommitted, the lazy and the problems. They have the team playing to its capabilities and beyond by fostering a harmonious locker room with guys who are united towards a common goal. Moss doesn't fit the bill.

Unless you've been living in a cave for the past 12 years, you see that Randy Moss is a selfish player who whines when he is not the focal point of the offense, takes plays off and is a surly miserable individual. His recent tirade against the mom & pop restaurant that catered the post game spread at a recent game (which prompted his release) illustrates the utter lack of class this guy has. It is not about talent- it is about treating people right and being a good person- things that Moss has never learned.

On top of all that, we have a gifted rookie QB who we hope is our ticket to future greatness. Why would you want to stunt his growth by exposing him to the brooding Moss? You know it would only be a matter of time before he berates Bradford for some perceived slight- not getting him the ball, looking to another receiver, etc.

We will win the right way. That means taking a pass on Moss.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Pefectly stated. While I understand fans' inquiries when (talented) players are available, quite frankly I'm getting a bit tired of the constant desire to pick up the latest malcontent/character risk on the market (Vick, V-Jax, Moss) and subsequent bellyaching when we don't make a play for them. Prostituting yourself to get a talented but problematic guy always has dire consequences- it's just a matter of when, and it's not worth the gamble.

I have had the privilege of being both a past athlete and currently in a profession which deals with the dynamic of team sports everyday. It is obvious some simply do not understand how one guy- talented as he may be- can be a team cancer and wreck months of hard work, undermining you every step of the way and getting in the ears of otherwise good players and infecting their approach. Anyone who has been paying attention sees that Spags and Devaney understand this and have tried to do things the right way. They've weeded out the uncommitted, the lazy and the problems. They have the team playing to its capabilities and beyond by fostering a harmonious locker room with guys who are united towards a common goal. Moss doesn't fit the bill.

Unless you've been living in a cave for the past 12 years, you see that Randy Moss is a selfish player who whines when he is not the focal point of the offense, takes plays off and is a surly miserable individual. His recent tirade against the mom & pop restaurant that catered the post game spread at a recent game (which prompted his release) illustrates the utter lack of class this guy has. It is not about talent- it is about treating people right and being a good person- things that Moss has never learned.

On top of all that, we have a gifted rookie QB who we hope is our ticket to future greatness. Why would you want to stunt his growth by exposing him to the brooding Moss? You know it would only be a matter of time before he berates Bradford for some perceived slight- not getting him the ball, looking to another receiver, etc.

Excellent thoughts!

Seems about 90% here want to take a flyer on him, win an extra game, maybe a division title this year ...

Then what? Offer him 30 million for 3 years to stick around?

Look at the big picture and think about it? You think Moss is going to be worried about buying into the system and becoming a great teammate for 8 weeks when he knows he won't be here after this season?

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Why is everyone so focused on winning the supposed right way? Since when is there a right way to win??? The hoodie has been caught cheating for years yet continues to win year in and year out and every analyst deems him the cream of the crop in the league...
    AS AL DAVIS SAYS SO POETICALLY ," JUST WIN BABY"

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Why is everyone so focused on winning the supposed right way? Since when is there a right way to win??? The hoodie has been caught cheating for years yet continues to win year in and year out and every analyst deems him the cream of the crop in the league...
    AS AL DAVIS SAYS SO POETICALLY ," JUST WIN BABY"
    The "Hoodie" wins because of stock piling of draft picks, great drafting, talent grooming, followed by filing holes with usable veterans ....

We are still in the early stages ....

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

If you value a team with character and work ethic you wouldn't touch Moss with a 100 foot pole. I'd hope Spags has deeper conviction than this

thoey is offline Registered User

I trust Spags and Devaney. Whatever way they decide to go with this, I am sure it is the best decision for the team.
    This space for rent...

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey View Post
    If you value a team with character and work ethic you wouldn't touch Moss with a 100 foot pole. I'd hope Spags has deeper conviction than this
    This I am sure of, after seeing how Issac Bruce carries himself there is no way Spags wants anything to do with Moss. This team is holding character in high regards and that is the one thing that Moss lacks.
    Let some other team take a chance.
    Spags, just say NOOOOOOOOOOO to Moss

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Why do I risk this? Because every season is an opportunity you may never get again. Bradford may break his arm or mess up his hand. Jackson could tear an ACL. Seattle, Arizona, or San Francisco might turn it around faster than we expected. It is not a given that this team will be in this position again in the short or medium term even if it is built "the right way". I want everyone in this organization from the top down to seize opportunities for victory and the playoffs when they come...because they may not come again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Why do I risk this? Because every season is an opportunity you may never get again. Bradford may break his arm or mess up his hand. Jackson could tear an ACL. Seattle, Arizona, or San Francisco might turn it around faster than we expected. It is not a given that this team will be in this position again in the short or medium term even if it is built "the right way". I want everyone in this organization from the top down to seize opportunities for victory and the playoffs when they come...because they may not come again.
    This attitude is why there are so few dynasties in the NFL, ever. Win today at whatever the cost ...

Look at the Cowboys, they win 9-12 games a year on a regular basis, yet they haven't WON anything in two decades ....

Look at them now, with all their "talent" ....

Roy "E" who?

And I'm missing the point? Maybe this coaching staff and front office believes we can win with the WR's we have right now ....
    Which is precisely why we restrict ourselves to a dink and dunk offense that has frittered away at least one winnable game.

Maybe this is why they've passed on V.J. and hopefully will pass on Moss ....
    No, they passed because they place exceptional value on 2nd round picks. (Understandable, since that's the only round they've been consistently successful with.)

Contrary to how you feel, I am sure this team believes they can win and have a shot, and they do. Gibson is developing nicely, Laurent played well yesterday, these guys who have been here working hard since day one and have grown to believe in the team, they deserve the shot, not a malcontent misfit like Moss ...
    This is the NFL. Not the Little Engine that Could. Hard work and discipline is nice, but when your talent deficit leaves you chopping off most of the field on your offensive playcalling, you don't have a recipe for winning. Especially with an offense like the Philly Coast Offense, which is heavily dependent on having one a talent advantage over your opponent.

Front offices with no vision use 30 something band aids to build contenders. This team is trying to mold its own personality with young, hungry talent ...
    Fred Robbins says "Hi". This team is certainly not above using 30 year old bandaids, as evinced by signing a guy who is a year or two from retirement to plug a glaring hole at Defensive Tackle. Why not further reward their hunger by giving them a chance to win.

If the team goes that route I will support it, but I don't see it. I have a good idea of what this team's vision is. You can see it on the field ...
    "Wait till next year" gets old after awhile. Unless you're a Cubs fan. It's also dependent on luck to an extent-namely hoping bad luck won't strike.

This team is what it is right now. It's not an overnight Super Bowl contended, but it can win this division as is ...
    This team as currently constructed has trouble getting it done on the road and has an offense that is to be generous....erratic....at maintaining leads.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

And, Peoria, your reasoning is logical. I just think that these things always end badly. It might take 6 weeks, it might take a couple of years, but inevitably it happens. Moss will be all smiles until it turns sour; the rams lose, he doesn't get enough touches or he's unhappy for some other reason. Then you have a problem on your hands.

Ultimately, I will trust the judgment of Spags and Devaney.

Fred Robbins says "Hi". This team is certainly not above using 30 year old bandaids, as evinced by signing a guy who is a year or two from retirement to plug a glaring hole at Defensive Tackle. Why not further reward their hunger by giving them a chance to win.
    I knew this was coming, and it was baited perfectly ...

Robbins played in Spags system, and has always been a productive player and positive influence.. Perfect player to show the younger guys the ropes ...

Na'il Diggs is a Flajole player, another system product and positive influence ...

Must I explain the difference between these types of players and a malcontent misfit?

As for the "Philly Coast Offense", they were productive for years without superstar receivers like Randy Moss ....

This attitude is why there are so few dynasties in the NFL, ever. Win today at whatever the cost ...

Look at the Cowboys, they win 9-12 games a year on a regular basis, yet they haven't WON anything in two decades ....

Look at them now, with all their "talent" ....

Roy "E" who?
    At least the Cowboys get a chance to go to the Playoffs. They've had bad luck in the Playoffs, but that's still a damn sight better than the Rams during that timespan. Winning in the playoffs is great, but if you don't even get to that stage, well...

Bottom line. I don't believe in throwing away seasons. Regardless of your intentions for the future. Plans can be upset through the smallest of chances, and rigid plans like that of Team Devaney are all the more vulnerable because of that lack of flexibility.

(But hey! Look at all that high character there! Such great character that we don't actually trust them to keep their heads straight without a comforting environment full of like-minded people.)

I knew this was coming, and it was baited perfectly ...

Robbins played in Spags system, and has always been a productive player and positive influence.. Perfect player to show the younger guys the ropes ...

Na'il Diggs is a Flajole player, another system product and positive influence ...

Must I explain the difference between these types of players and a malcontent misfit?
    They are mature sure. But this comes back to one of my thoughts. With a strong locker room culture and coaching staff you can hold Moss's negative urges in check for the short term. It's only when the locker room power structure is uncertain (Chilly's Vikings) or just simply "madhouse" (2005-2006 Raiders) that Moss goes out of control immediately.

As for the "Philly Coast Offense", they were productive for years without superstar receivers like Randy Moss ....
    They may not have a Moss type, but their #1s and #2s were a whole lot better than Amendola and Robinson.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast