Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rams interested in Moss?

After hearing reports on Moss flipping a ***** on Tinucci's Restaurant and Catering, that just decreased his chances of even coming to St. Louis, the next thing that'll worry us about him is getting drunk in a bar off Anheuser-Busch and starting fights around there. Moss has finally shown his true colors, too frustrated he can't get his Super Bowl ring or even a winning team when really he is the main cause as to why Minnesota has no success in getting him.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    They are mature sure. But this comes back to one of my thoughts. With a strong locker room culture and coaching staff you can hold Moss's negative urges in check for the short term. It's only when the locker room power structure is uncertain (Chilly's Vikings) or just simply "madhouse" (2005-2006 Raiders) that Moss goes out of control immediately.

They may not have a Moss type, but their #1s and #2s were a whole lot better than Amendola and Robinson.
    The Eagles were making the playoffs and going to NFC championship games with WR's like Charles Johnson, Torrence Small, Chad Lewis, Todd Pinkston, Reggie Brown and James Thrash.

McNabb got them to the Super Bowl without Owens in the playoffs. The following year, Owens had decimated the locker room.

Anymore to discuss?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Our best receiver, in a perfect world, would be our #3 receiver. In fact, he'd be a #3 receiver in most NFL towns now. Our offense is realistically restricted to 10 yards by our wideouts, which last I checked is not a recipe for consistent victory.

I'm not saying we need to keep Moss past this season. In fact I encourage not resigning him, especially if we can get a compensatory pick out of the deal. I believe the Rams can keep a lid on Moss for the duration of the season, especially because Moss is tacitly aware that if a third team in less than a season says "Begone with you!" his NFL career is OVER.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Who cares about his character issues this guy moss is a proven
    Veteran Reciever, He can help us win games or even the division,
    People are such Cry babies complaining about his actions off the field
    If the man wants to win football games for St.louis then that's all that
    Matters
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Rich86 is offline Registered User

3 mill? DO IT! sam would be on tom brady superbowl status RIGHT damn now with somebody like moss drawing doubles. amendola would eat so good off of this

general counsel is offline Registered User

john clayton just reported on espn that he expects moss to be on the rams at about 4pm tomorrow. great move if it happens (see my prior post on the topic)

ramming speed to all

general counsel

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This has got to happen in my opinion. Remember us discussing T.O in the offseason? We were all afraid, and look how he turned out. Putting up SOLID numbers and hasn't said a thing....We have to roll the dice at some point. Without Moss, I think there is almost no chance we get a SB (not that I am expecting one). With Moss, its a totally different story. He will instantly be our #1 and constantly draw double teams. Either Sam hits him for a 50 yard touchdown or Amendola, Gibson, Alexander, Robinson, and Gilyard have a lot of 1v1 and room to work with. Don't even get me started about how much SJAX would like all the room he would have with Moss there.....

In my opinion there is a much bigger upside than downside....

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    john clayton just reported on espn that he expects moss to be on the rams at about 4pm tomorrow. great move if it happens (see my prior post on the topic)

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Wow. I'd honestly be shocked if he winds up on the Rams. Don't get me wrong, I want him to be and it makes sense but it just seems very uncharacteristic of Devaney--picking up a player with a history of being disruptive for the locker room. If he does become a Ram, I think Spags is a guy who can make it work. Let's hope for the best.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am for getting Randy Moss if he agrees to wear a shock collar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

If he wasn't interested why did he just not flat out deny it in his chat instead of dancing around saying we dont answer questions about other teams players.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

if it comes down to the Rams having the option of signing him or not..i will support whatever they decide.

i`m not prepared to go through the why`s and why not`s...we have football people running this football team now..i`ll let them do what they are being paid to do and just sit and smoke my ass off till i find out either way..

DaRam13 is offline Registered User

I have suffered along with all Rams fans these past few years and have been very pleased with the progress of this team we have seen these last weeks. This is not supposed to be a quick fix. It takes time to get your feet under you and learn to win. I would love to see the Rams make the playoffs some how, but I can't see calling on the Devil to do it. Moss only plays when he wants and he wants to be a stinking PAT! So let him.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharam View Post
    I am for getting Randy Moss if he agrees to wear a shock collar.
    - - - - - - - - - - ^^

Last edited by RealRam; -11-02-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Can't stop laughing

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    If he wasn't interested why did he just not flat out deny it in his chat instead of dancing around saying we dont answer questions about other teams players.
    Because he doesn't answer questions about other teams players

Reading between the lines through my Moss colored glasses, I'd say Billy is leaning towards signing Moss.

I just wish they would have done the chat a couple hours later!

I actually wouldn't be opposed to the Rams "saying" they don't want Moss, because it seems like a 49er move to sign him just to block us from getting him.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Put much thought into the situation and We need Randy- the football player. I cant remember him " being disruptive" to anyone but the press. And I really cant blame him for that . Oakland was disruptive when he got there and he was a model citizen and teammate in NE. Anyway looking at the tape the for the last three game, since the Danario catch, Bradford has not put the ball up for over 25 yrd to a wr. Defenses are figuring it out by halftime and that limits what we can do. We need at least a threat deep to compete in the second half of the season. The big question is does Randy want to come to the Rams. If he has any discontent about playing here then thats when his presence will bring the team down.So going forward, if Spags ad Deavaney are considering snatching him, then I want to here it from Randy himself that he wants to buy in to the team here and wants to contribute to Bradfords growth. Otherwise pass and go searching for a wr in FA and the draft next yr.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast