Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams interested in Moss?

If Clayton is right, and Spags/Devaney pulls the trigger, I'll get behind the move. I'll be worried a bit, but I'll hope for the best.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If Clayton is right, and Spags/Devaney pulls the trigger, I'll get behind the move. I'll be worried a bit, but I'll hope for the best.
    Agreed. That's really the best we can do and the most positive mentality with which to look at this.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Honestly, after reading why the Vikings cut him, it would be tough for me to root for him. I'll do it if he's in horns, but I have zero respect for him as a person. I'm sure Devaney knows as well as anyone what happened, and if he still wants him here thats his call. Hopefully he'll help for the next 8 weeks.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Honestly, after reading why the Vikings cut him, it would be tough for me to root for him. I'll do it if he's in horns, but I have zero respect for him as a person. I'm sure Devaney knows as well as anyone what happened, and if he still wants him here thats his call. Hopefully he'll help for the next 8 weeks.
    I feel the exact same way my friend... I feel like if none of this stuff happened in Minnesota he would be a sure shot Ram..

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah but unfortunately if none of this stuff had happened in Minnesota he'd still be a Viking. Kinda a catch 22 :/

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I feel the exact same way my friend... I feel like if none of this stuff happened in Minnesota he would be a sure shot Ram..
    nah..he`d still be a Viking.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Yes guys I understand that he would still be a viking...sheesh ... I am just saying if he never behaved this way I don't think there would be a chance we pass on him, even though he has had a little history.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    agreed, the guy's acted like a jackass in oakland and minnesota, but when he was happy i don't think he was a distraction in new england or his first time in minny, so if our staff feels they can keep him under control i'll be supportive.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

I say bring in Moss and see what he can do for the team this year. Not only on the field, but in the locker room. See how the team handles an ego maniac, but talented player like Moss.

Moss will help tremendously in our O. We are way to conservative and just the threat of a big play guy will add to our explosiveness and yards after catch. Also, we're hurting bad at WR. We are a playoff team with an established WR.

If the locker room can handle a guy like Moss, you let him go in the offseason and make a run at V-Jax. That would allow us to take a stud D player in the first next season. If not, we take our future WR1.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Just heard this on espn. If we pick him up, he is still due to be paid by Minnesota the 3 or 4 million. Not us. We can get him and pay him league minimum. That would make it a no brainer for us. No reason not to get him then.

robot is offline Registered User

Book him. One character issue, and he's gone. High reward/low risk trade. I love it.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

There are pros/cons with Randy moss. However I feel like the Pros outweigh the Cons. I think we would be instant division favorites this year. I look long term wise of how he can help these receivers. What is the difference between the make up of Randy Moss and Danario Alexander??? NOTHING RANDY MOSS CAN HELP DANARIO BECOME THE NEXT RANDY MOSS...

With all that being said, I am not even sure if he will drop all the way to the 13th spot. Even if there are teams that do not need him before us, he only costs 4 million dollars for the rest of the season....I am sure someone before us would be interested.

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    Just heard this on espn. If we pick him up, he is still due to be paid by Minnesota the 3 or 4 million. Not us. We can get him and pay him league minimum. That would make it a no brainer for us. No reason not to get him then.
    Only if he clears waivers and we sign him as free agent. Regardless, I say we sign him and "offer" him a 2 year extension thats front loaded if plays well for the first few games. One of his problems with the Pats is that they showed him no interest after being a model teammate and performer. We can keep him quiet if start negotiations. It would be a shame if we can't get the deal done in last 4 weeks of the season.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If the Rams decide to pull the trigger on Moss, it will most likely mean that they have had a serious heart to heart with him and are satisfied with what they heard. I would accept that, but his long history of being a quitter would be a major concern.

Does anyone remember the Vikings/Redskins game back in 2005, with time on the clock and the Vikings lining up for an on-sides kick as Moss left the field, abandoning his teammates (who were none too happy). He followed that by quitting on the Faiders, Patriots, and now the Vikings, again.

I think you can look past some behavioral issues, but this quitting thing is something that just can not be tolerated, and Moss has a well documented pattern of doing it.

I'll be shocked if the Rams take a flyer on this guy.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

Yeah, that's a great message to send...if you want to strive for mediocrity.
    I read this post without looking at who posted it. I didn't even need to look up to make sure I had the right guy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast