Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

[ I also happen to have very high hopes for wroten.

Just say no. I'm with you GC I to have a lot of faith in Wroten. He is only in his 2nd year & from all accounts is ready to fight for a spot in the rotation.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Not too sure I have enough facts together to validate my optimism for this but I've been rooting for Clifton Ryan since we drafted him from MSU. I'm hoping he will be a quiet yet effective surprise to reinforce the Rams DT depth.

Now if Wroten steps up sooner and stronger, why ... more power to the Rams! :r

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Maybe he can catch a ride with Leonard to the games.
    chiguy, I was thinking the same thing,or better yet maybe they could split a cab.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Let's see, a weapons charge leading to probation, followed by a police raid which found six unregistered firearms in violation of his parole, followed two days later by a gun fight outside a Chicago nightclub where his bodyguard was shot and killed, followed by a two month jail stint, then the traffic incident in Arizona. This is not a guy the Rams should be looking at, period.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think his recent release was too harsh. Sure, under the circumstances he shouldn't have been driving with any alcohol in his system, but essentially he lost his job for going 40 in a 25 zone. I'm willing to let that one slide, but his history with weapons violations is harder to overlook.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Let's see, a weapons charge leading to probation, followed by a police raid which found six unregistered firearms in violation of his parole, followed two days later by a gun fight outside a Chicago nightclub where his bodyguard was shot and killed, followed by a two month jail stint, then the traffic incident in Arizona. This is not a guy the Rams should be looking at, period.
    Right, and on top of all of that as has been mentioned before, his 8 game suspension. He isn't someone we should even think about right now.

Food for thought, is Tank really worth it and is he that good, or was he a product of the Bears defense? A great defense overall can mask some mediocre players. Thoughts?
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Country is offline Registered User

I would have no problems with this pick up. Johnson is in a different category than Pac Man. Tank has not been arrested ten time on ten different charges. He got arrested once on some serious gun charges and has kept out of trouble since.

Desperate Times call for desperate measures and no matter what you say about Tank Johnson he is a above average DT and better than anyone on the Rams roster.

I know a guy that plays for the Bears, he has nothing but good things to say about Tank. He justs says the guy screwed up and he has tryed to make it up to his teammates.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Did I mention that two days after he gets busted for violating his weapons conviction parole, he's involved in a shooting that resulted in the death of his bodyguard?

Milan is offline Registered User

Tank was not inebriated. The tests came back his Blood-Alcohol Level was below legal limit, albeit only .08 below legal limit.

He only had 4 or so drinks.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

From what people have said, he's a good kid. A very good kid, just had some issues. That can happen to anyone. He actually seems to want to clean up his act..even though there isn't much to clean. He served jail time and hasn't done much since, except this little fiasco. Which it comes out that he wasn't breaking the law. The Bears just jumped the gun.

Unlike Pacman, I think this kid can get it together. He has tons of talent on the field. I say we should take a chance with him. We did with Wroten, and he seems to have turned it around. Sure, I'd like to see these rookies get some playing time, and they still might. Carriker isn't a sure thing like many seem to think...Go for it. He screws up, well..cut him. Pretty simple.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I think if we're really actually interested in the guy, I think it has to be genuine. What I'm saying is we need to want to have the guy because he's got talent and we NEED him. And yes, I think we do need him, if we sign this guy he can be a long term gem, if he turns out to be a disappointment (with off-field issues) then we can cut him as quickly as we did signing him. So I see it as a win-win situation, me personally, I'd love to see him play for us and get a good reputation.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    ...If we sign this guy he can be a long term gem, if he turns out to be a disappointment (with off-field issues) then we can cut him as quickly as we did signing him. So I see it as a win-win situation, me personally, I'd love to see him play for us and get a good reputation.
    Okay, let me give in a little from my previous bold, red lettered 'no' reply.

It would be really nice to have this player look Coach Linehan squarely in the eye and COMMIT to being a better football player and less of an NFL tabloid article.

IF that would be the case, alright, bring him in and as V6 said, allow him to clean up his act, play well, and get a good reputation as a Ram. It is possible...

Who knows what the real background of TJ was or has been. The consequences he might be facing, the struggles of a bad home education, environment, etc. That's why I was questioning the timing -- given his already confirmed sentence of an eight game suspension, that the Rams opportunity was not going to become the Reform School he needs right now. But again, if our organization can talk some sense deep into the Tank, then, you're right Varg6, it could turn into a win-win and a turn around for both the man as well as for the team's DT situation.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

UNDERSTANDING THE TANK BLOOD TEST (From PFT)

Several readers have argued in the wake of the revelation that former Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson's blood sample showed an alcohol concentration of 0.072 percent that, because he was below the legal limit of 0.08 percent, he should not have been cut by the team, and he should face no criminal charges of any kind.

The first thing to keep in mind is that the 0.08 percent threshold is the point at which the law presumes that a person is impaired. As a practical matter, impairment can arise at lower levels.

For pilots, 0.04 percent is the legal limit. Ditto for truck drivers subject to DOT regulations.

Also, Johnson can still face charges in Arizona of "impairment to the slightest degree." The fact that he was within 0.008 percent of the limit of presumed impairment does not bode well, in our view.

And don't forget that, the more a guy weighs, the more drinks it takes to get him in the shadows of 0.08 percent. In Tank's case, a 0.072 reading for a 300-pound man could mean that he had seven or eight drinks before getting behind the wheel.

Finally, and as an astute reader pointed out to us, don't forget the possibility that the percentage was higher when Johnson was pulled over, and that it dropped to 0.072 percent by the time he was tested.

Besides, to the extent that the Bears opted to put Tank on his very last chance in lieu of cutting him following his December 2006 arrest, any run-in with the law would have and should have been enough to get them to pull the trigger.

So even though he won't face DUI charges in Arizona, the Bears decided that they had enough. Still, the absence of DUI liability could make it easier for someone else to sign him.

It appears Tank is a guy that just doesn't get it. As another poster stated earlier, the Rams can do better ...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Everyone must keep in mind too that it won't always be a case of a player who has bad behavior off the field automatically becomes an angel. That is never guaranteed, but say Linehan gets this guy, you know what it shows me? He's trying, he's getting this team (trying to get this team) to a higher level at any cost. Yeah the risk is considerable, but the reward is great as well. He's a quality player we DO need to obtain. And to go back to the Jenkins debate, would you guys rather have a player who is overweight and has team issues, or a guy who is fit for the DT position and has had some off-field problems? I've never once heard he was a bad team player, all I've heard about him was his off-the field issues. I think everyone deserves a second chance, and if he is truly sincere about his mistakes, I say we should get him. Make a contract that makes sure he abides by the off the field rules, why not? In the off-season, what can we really lose?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Everyone must keep in mind too that it won't always be a case of a player who has bad behavior off the field automatically becomes an angel. That is never guaranteed, but say Linehan gets this guy, you know what it shows me? He's trying, he's getting this team (trying to get this team) to a higher level at any cost. Yeah the risk is considerable, but the reward is great as well. He's a quality player we DO need to obtain. And to go back to the Jenkins debate, would you guys rather have a player who is overweight and has team issues, or a guy who is fit for the DT position and has had some off-field problems? I've never once heard he was a bad team player, all I've heard about him was his off-the field issues. I think everyone deserves a second chance, and if he is truly sincere about his mistakes, I say we should get him. Make a contract that makes sure he abides by the off the field rules, why not? In the off-season, what can we really lose?
    If the Rams see something redeemable in this guy and (it will really suprise me if they do) bring him aboard, I am a Ram fan and would root for him, hoping he could "change his spots" so to speak. If Linnehan is trying to build team character -- why bring in a guy who has demonstrated a lack of it. My vote is still NO ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast