Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams interested in Tank?--Hadley

I for one do not want this guy on our team. He has blown it in my mind. "ZERO" tolerance is "ZERO" tolerance. My hats off to the Bears for being consistent with this player.

I would be very surprised to hear that the RAMS have signed this guy. With the NFL cracking down hard on the off the field issues. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the RAMS have a special meeting with the players concerning the NFL's stance on these off the field situations. I mean Hargrove was sent packing. To bring on Tank would send mixed signals to the existing roster. Again I say hold firm and pass on TANK.

:r:l
    Last edited by laram0; -07-05-2007 at 08:46 AM.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    AGAIN, he was involved in a shooting AFTER his two weapons convictions that resulted in the DEATH of his bodyguard, if that's not a Pacman like issue I don't know what is. Sorry, but this is a troubled young man. Just ask the Bears.
    you took it out of context dude, I meant his recent ordeal was not pac manish, I was not saying he never did anything bad. I'm saying this recent ordeal does not mean he is not trying to redeem himself. The fact that they took him in under the legal limit should tell you guys somthing, maybe you haven't had enough brushes with cops. Not saying all cops are bad but not all of them correctly uphold the law and being a pro football player is nothing but a big target in these situations

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    I'm saying this recent ordeal does not mean he is not trying to redeem himself.
    It certainly doesn't mean he's taking his troubled status with his team and the league seriously, either.

The fact that they took him in under the legal limit should tell you guys somthing, maybe you haven't had enough brushes with cops. Not saying all cops are bad but not all of them correctly uphold the law and being a pro football player is nothing but a big target in these situations
    The initial reports said they took him to the police station in order to do a blood test to determine his blood alcohol level. I'm not sure I see what's so egregious about that...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

you took it out of context dude, I meant his recent ordeal was not pac manish, I was not saying he never did anything bad. I'm saying this recent ordeal does not mean he is not trying to redeem himself. The fact that they took him in under the legal limit should tell you guys somthing, maybe you haven't had enough brushes with cops. Not saying all cops are bad but not all of them correctly uphold the law and being a pro football player is nothing but a big target in these situations
    Fair enough bigtiger. Since you refered to "issues" as opposed to "issue", it appeared you were talking about multiple incidents and not just the traffic stop. In any case, I think we can agree he has indeed had Pacman like issues in his recent past.

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I'd take him. The Rams have some really good locker room leadership; we'd benefit from his services, and I think he'd benefit from some better influences.
    I'm sure Little will help him out with his troubles.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Just write a limo into his contract or something and sign him!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm amazed at some of the responses to this post. Well, actually, I guess I'm not. Sadly, I hate to say.

I believe in giving everyone a second chance. But a third, and a fourth? This guy is an idiot, and will never change his ways. He doesn't get it. ..and he never will. Yet some of you are willing to take him in and add him to the Ram roster just so your team can win a great big trophy. Are you kidding me? I guess I'm understanding why this world is so F'd up. When are people going to be held responsible for their actions?
    If you did something stupid, like get popped for illegal firearms AND other outlandish things such as Tank, would you NOT do your best to lay low and make good? And the comments about cops and corruption. ...it reeks of "the law is out to get me", or, "he's just an innocent bystander" crap. I've been to plenty of bars, nightclubs, and partied hard in my 54 years, and believe me I'm no angel. But I've never worried about getting popped for the things this guys has, and if I was stupid enough to do it, I'd sure as hell mind myself and make sure it didn't happen again. For Tank to get caught being a REPEAT offender tells me he's an idiot and doesn't care about his actions. He's had enough chances. I would never hire this turd to work for me. Maybe I'm in the minority here, and winning a Superbowl, or improving a team IS more important than what's really important in this world. ...what a sad statement. Winning at any cost is what drives us? I thought Ram fans were better than that. His tremendous talent on the field would help us, without a doubt. But it's a cost that I would not be willing to pay.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

He'll come reasonably cheap, and he is a better pass rusher than any DT we have. I am not afraid of his off the field issues. Sign him up.

chiguy is offline Registered User

This reminds me of the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me." Seems to me that the Bears understand that, so its beyond me why a team with a convicted felon (Little) and two young guys with clear anger problems (Byrd, Wroten) would want to add another convicted felon to the mix when doesn't even have enough common sense to catch a freaking cab.

Yes, we want talent but football is a team sport. We want our veterans focused on what happens on the field so that they can get the young guys to do the same. Does anyone really think Tank Johnson is going to come in and be a positive role model for the other d-linemen?

"Hey, fellas, Leonard and I just want you to learn from our mistakes...don't drink and drive. Questions?"

"Yah, didn't you guys do something stupid after being caught once and given a second chance?"

"Uh....."

End of conversation.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

I'm saying this recent ordeal does not mean he is not trying to redeem himself. The fact that they took him in under the legal limit should tell you guys somthing, maybe you haven't had enough brushes with cops. Not saying all cops are bad but not all of them correctly uphold the law and being a pro football player is nothing but a big target in these situations

"Under the legal limit"?? O ...ok. In light of ALL this clown has done and his TIGHTROPE career situation, he DRINKS and gets behind the wheel?? This is "trying to REDEEM himself"?? Sorry fella, he shouldnt have a SIP of beer/booze and get behind the wheel of ANYTHING if he has HALF of a functioning brain and/or values his ablility to make MILLIONS with his career. Bottom line...this is a MORON we're talking about. He doesnt have a VALUE SYSTEM, clearly thinks he's above the law and REFUSES to get the message. Im not sure which is more stupid...Tank's most recent 'brush with cops' or someone DEFENDING it.
    Last edited by Fargo Ram Fan; -07-04-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    This reminds me of the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me." Seems to me that the Bears understand that, so its beyond me why a team with a convicted felon (Little) and two young guys with clear anger problems (Byrd, Wroten) would want to add another convicted felon to the mix when doesn't even have enough common sense to catch a freaking cab.

Yes, we want talent but football is a team sport. We want our veterans focused on what happens on the field so that they can get the young guys to do the same. Does anyone really think Tank Johnson is going to come in and be a positive role model for the other d-linemen?

"Hey, fellas, Leonard and I just want you to learn from our mistakes...don't drink and drive. Questions?"

"Yah, didn't you guys do something stupid after being caught once and given a second chance?"

"Uh....."

End of conversation.

Who cares if he's a positive role model for other grown men. He's just barely legal himself, who's gonna look to him as a role model? That would not be his role nor responsibility. If he can help the Rams win is the only issue that matters right now, until he messes up again, if he ever does. At which time, we then discuss whatever the offense is and what to do about it. End of conversation.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Leonard HASNT done something stupid after the first time, why do people always think that?

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    "Under the legal limit"?? O ...ok. In light of ALL this clown has done and his TIGHTROPE career situation, he DRINKS and gets behind the wheel?? This is "trying to REDEEM himself"?? Sorry fella, he shouldnt have a SIP of beer/booze and get behind the wheel of ANYTHING if he has HALF of a functioning brain and/or values his ablility to make MILLIONS with his career. Bottom line...this is a MORON we're talking about. He doesnt have a VALUE SYSTEM, clearly thinks he's above the law and REFUSES to get the message. Im not sure which is more stupid...Tank's most recent 'brush with cops' or someone DEFENDING it.
    Ok guy, hehehe you are way to angry about this man. Now that you got all that out what was your point?? He's a moron, he has no value's, that me and him are stupid? If you gotta name call man, atleast..atleast throw in a Butt munch, a butt face, Butt Chunk (if you feel like going with a Goonies reference , or the all be it Generic Butt Head, (it would still be more characteristic than stupid..

To the other guys
    If I put issues, than my mislead, hat to you sir.

and other guy about him being egrogerouse?? (good word, and good point)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Who cares if he's a positive role model for other grown men. He's just barely legal himself, who's gonna look to him as a role model? That would not be his role nor responsibility. If he can help the Rams win is the only issue that matters right now, until he messes up again, if he ever does. At which time, we then discuss whatever the offense is and what to do about it. End of conversation.
    Uh, reading iz fundamental. My point is that we need leadership on the line for the young players -- one good, not great, player isn't enough to make our D-line suddenly great -- and Johnson will not only fail to provide that, but will likely be a detriment as well. In other words, he won't help us win if he's an idiot (and there is ample evidence suggesting he's an idiot).

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Leonard HASNT done something stupid after the first time, why do people always think that?
    Unless my memory has totally failed me, he got pulled over for drunk driving two-three years after the manslaughter incident. Perhaps I'm incorrect...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast